MSU seemed to enjoy the drubbing a little too much

SayHawkKid

Something is going on, not sure what. They are a good team but way too much yucking it up tonight. I will enjoy watching them get torn apart by OSU.

They love beating Iowa. Something about beating Iowa always brings out the worse in them. Same with the Illinois.

They love beating Iowa. Something about beating Iowa always brings out the worse in them. Same with the Illinois.

They do. I remember Shannon Brown's flexing in a 30 point rout in Horner and Brunner's senior year.

Of course that year we got our revenge a few weeks later and Thunder Doug and Alford hit MSU with some flexing of their own.

Honestly call it sour grapes what ever. That beatdown was in poor taste. Kind of disappointed in MSU and Izzo. Not really called for.

They do. I remember Shannon Brown's flexing in a 30 point rout in Horner and Brunner's senior year.

Of course that year we got our revenge a few weeks later and Thunder Doug and Alford hit MSU with some flexing of their own.

That was awesome

Have any of you ever watched MSU play against other teams? It is like you think the world revolves around Iowa City.

Starters in until what, the 3:00 minute mark in a 40 point game? After Nix gave Basabe the mean mug and the Spartan bench yucked it up, I knew there would be no quarter given. McCaffrey slamming the chair pretty much summed it up.

Starters in until what, the 3:00 minute mark in a 40 point game? After Nix gave Basabe the mean mug and the Spartan bench yucked it up, I knew there would be no quarter given. McCaffrey slamming the chair pretty much summed it up.

Green went out with like 7 minutes left.

Things will be different in Iowa City. This Iowa team won't forget.

I had the same thought, then realized that like OSU, MSU's 6-10 were lighting us up with no drop off from the starters. Watching IL rain 3's and swat shots against OSU makes me think we have a similar fate awaiting us in Champaign.

I had the same thought, then realized that like OSU, MSU's 6-10 were lighting us up with no drop off from the starters. Watching IL rain 3's and swat shots against OSU makes me think we have a similar fate awaiting us in Champaign.

Did you watch the Huskers play in Champaign last Saturday? Hawks could win that game against the Illini.

I put that up on Twitter last night too.
It was the exact same type of game, super blow out, Iowa getting absolutely punked. And MSU players clowning around, showboating, etc...

It's not sour grapes, it's thinking you should be acting like you've been there. Green and Nix were repeat offenders late in the second half. Finally Nix got T'd.

MSU is 10x the team Iowa is right now, better athletes, better program, etc... but they sure didn't act the part up 40+ points. Not to mention Izzo keeping the starters in with 8 minutes to go up that much. He's begging to have one of his key players to get hurt - and this isn't the first time he's left the starters in during a complete butt-kicking of Iowa. We should know, Iowa gets their butt-kicked on a regular basis up in the Breslin Center.

It was the exact same type of game, super blow out, Iowa getting absolutely punked. And MSU players clowning around, showboating, etc...

It's not sour grapes, it's thinking you should be acting like you've been there. Green and Nix were repeat offenders late in the second half. Finally Nix got T'd.

MSU is 10x the team Iowa is right now, better athletes, better program, etc... but they sure didn't act the part up 40+ points. Not to mention Izzo keeping the starters in with 8 minutes to go up that much. He's begging to have one of his key players to get hurt - and this isn't the first time he's left the starters in during a complete butt-kicking of Iowa. We should know, Iowa gets their butt-kicked on a regular basis up in the Breslin Center.

He's still upset at the way Lick was "unfairly" fired.

If you don't think our very own Fran McCaffrey is trying to get our players to play with that kind of swag you are in denial. He would love for our players to play with that kind of edge.

Latest posts