MSU seemed to enjoy the drubbing a little too much

MSU maybe showed some poor sportsmanship, but frankly, Iowa probably deserved it. Consider it a character-building experience rather than something to whine about.

And I don't mind MSU leaving their starters in. I'd rather see our players continue to go up against their best. If you want to talk about being embarrassed, there's nothing worse than seeing your starters battling against players 11 through 15 (or even walk-ons) from the other team.

Who cares! MSU beat us down. They didn't let off the accelerator and that's what good teams do. I always hear fans bash KF for not keeping the hammer down against an inferior opponent and now we are supposed to get mad when it happens to us? No use dwelling on a loss, time to move on to our next opponent and look for us to have a better game.

You are missing the point. Since when is it so much fun to beat down a team that has won 0 NCAA tournament games in the last 20 years (slight exaggeration)? Especially when you are a team that is expected to go to the final 4 every other year? A blind man can see there is something more going on here.

When you put the pedal to the metal, you use a lot of gas and gas is a finite commodity. I can't wait until Sparty runs out of gas against a team like OSU or Indiana just when they need it most.

The MSU beatdown in all of their smug and glory is the equivalent of Billy Madison (Adam Sandler) beating the elementary kids down in the dodgeball game at recess and bragging about it.

What goes around comes around Izzo.

It was the jawwing and chippiness that bugged me. Look,, you're up 40. Put in the scrubs, stop starting crap. Just let it go. If you want to be happy fine, but talking **** seems odd, esp considering Iowa isn't a top caliber team. If you are schooling Duke or UNC, get cocky, no problem. It's like some nonathletic high schooler going to the park and beating some 13 year old kids in BB and then talking smack. Great, you're better than them and mopping the floor, you don't need to jaw and then puff up your chest. We are talking about a 130+ RPI team here, not a blue chip program yet. And this isn't a slam on Iowa, I think they are improving and could win some big games the rest of the year. That said, Iowa was overmatched, just get out of there with a 40+ pt win and be happy, no need for the antics.

I have no idea what it would be like with the shoe on the other foot. I highly doubt I will be alive to see Iowa beat MSU by 40.
Well said, Stormin.....

Their 20 point loss last season at Carver was as much or more humiliating for them.....

Distinct lack of class on the part of the team and uncharacteristically of Izzo. He should have tempered the situation.....

:)

You are missing the point. Since when is it so much fun to beat down a team that has won 0 NCAA tournament games in the last 20 years (slight exaggeration)? Especially when you are a team that is expected to go to the final 4 every other year? A blind man can see there is something more going on here.

When you put the pedal to the metal, you use a lot of gas and gas is a finite commodity. I can't wait until Sparty runs out of gas against a team like OSU or Indiana just when they need it most.

It is fun to beat down any team in front of the home crowd. It seems like no one here has ever played a basketball game.

It is fun to beat down any team in front of the home crowd. It seems like no one here has ever played a basketball game.

There's fun and then there's TOO MUCH FUN. When you lose 4 days later to a 1 -3 NW team that has NEVER been to the NCAA tournament, you probably had 1 too many on Tuesday.

Latest posts