Most Iconic Iowa Football Pictures Ever

tim-dwight.jpg

Great thread! Would love to see more contributions. I have a copy of the Holloway catch and the LSU fan reactions in my file. Love it.

My wife and I got married the summer after Holloway made that catch to win the game. We went to Rivera Maya on our Honeymoon. We got in our shuttle van at the Cancun airport to go to our resort and there was a young couple going as well and they were LSU fans. So, they figured out we were from Iowa as I prob had an Iowa shirt on or something and we started talking about that game.

Of course, they were still butthurt from it and couldn't believe that happened, but conversation was all cordial. I then thought I better mention to them that that was Warren Holloway's only TD catch in his Iowa career. The guy responded with "Aaaah, are you freaking kidding me?! His one TD? You didn't need to tell me that." - paraphrase from memory. Something like that. I laughed.

Last edited:
Hayden and the aviator shades. Only thing missing is the stache. What is cool with this photo is you can see the Hawks lined up in formation on his shades.

haydenfry12.jpg

To me this the most iconic. You have the guy that turned the program around and invented the signature Tiger Hawk wearing that logo on his hat. With the guys in the trenches mirrored on his glasses

Latest posts