Morehouse Tweet re: Tommy Schutt

he is saying that for damage control. if morehouse is right, he is probably still in the process of making up his mind, and no sense burning one bridge when you haven't crossed it to the other side.

Morehouse must have had a fairly credible source tell him for him to put it out there on twitter. Schutt may be standing with PSU now but it doesn't mean he isn't communicating with our coaches. And hopefully Walsh is in his ear too.

He's just saying he is still committed to Penn St. From reading around, I still think he at the very least doesn't end up sticking with Penn St.

until the decision on what direction PSU admins take on the staff i feel most will wait on changing committs, if its a complete house cleaning of coaches, some will leave and the others will stay because it is PSU

Morehouse must have had a fairly credible source tell him for him to put it out there on twitter. Schutt may be standing with PSU now but it doesn't mean he isn't communicating with our coaches. And hopefully Walsh is in his ear too.

agreed. Morehouse isn't the type of guy who just puts crap out there without being reasonably sure of the accuracy.

Yeah had a feeling this was BS when it was first posted

Maybe Moorehouse got his information after the ESPN guy spoke with Schutt.

Schutt the front door.

I don't believe Marc would go public with something like this without pretty reliabe sources

Reported that he grew up a PSU fan. PSU and Iowa were his top two early in his recruiting back in the fall of 2010. Also has camped at Iowa and has a good friend in Jordan Walsh.......all of which might keep the waters warm for Iowa.

He's also been all over the board with his reported favorites at times though......saying he was just a 30 minute phone call away from commiting to ND before they pulled their offer due to receiving a verbal from someone else.

Certainly believable that he could be looking at us again.

The PSU crapstorm is just beginning. A lot can change in 6 weeks....the PSU staff will probably be washed out in the storm,and that means everybody is up for grabs.

Listening to Gerry Dinardo's radio show on the Score ''Inside College Football'' ...great show. He does it live from the studio on Tuesdays at 10PM-12PM.
He just had recruiting guru Tom Lemming on and got a text asking about Tommy Schutt. Lemming said Schutt is having a great season,and should be Illinois player of the year. He also said that altho Schutt is not saying anything right now,Lemming expects him to de-commit from PSU and go with Iowa or Wisconsin.
He says that PSU recruiting is going to be a disaster,and when the dam breaks,they will all flood out.

to quote Ferentz "are we just holding hands or getting married?" I think Schutt is just holding hands with PSU right now until he finds the best marriage partner.

The WSJ article on PSU is part of the continual bursting of the dam. The next several weeks will give Schutt plenty of reasons to go somewhere else.

The dam analogy is good. I will make a substantial bet that PSU loses at least 75% of its class by signing day. You would have to be insane to go there given the circumstances and your parents would have to be equally insane to send you there. Aside from the dyed in the wool PSU kids, the rest will take off. Iowa is 100% logical for Schutt. He can literally start from Day 1 and his parents can see every game. Its found money for Iowa at this point, but it sure would be nice. He was just named ESPN's Chicago POY today I believe. The article said he was about 305lbs.

I don't see why any kids would stay committed to Penn State, except maybe in-state kids who grew up Penn State fans. The scandal is going to create so many problems for them. It is not going away any time soon, new coaches will have to be hired and everyone knows that kids leave during coaching changes, plus who they heck is going to go in there and coach? I can't imagine too many people are lining up at the door for that job. The scandal will be a distraction for maybe a couple of years with all the lawsuits that will most likely come out of it.

not to mention the federal investigation that is looming by the FBI, this is going to be a Perfect Storm, where alot of people are going to go down
Joe Paterno will wish he had retired at 75 rather than stick around to get the all-time win total
in the end its all about winning no matter the cost "just win baby" it doesn't matter who get hurt
just like years ago when their QBbeat up a Police Officer and very little came of that
i am curious about how the Tax people will handle the house sale of a dollar to his wife, she does save a lot in Inheritance tax dollars
maybe a little Tax evasion, yes i know people due this as i feel the death tax is unreal nor needed, but it is still a tax

Last edited:
Maybe Moorehouse got his information after the ESPN guy spoke with Schutt.

Schutt the front door.

I don't believe Marc would go public with something like this without pretty reliabe sources

I agree, I've seen Marc numerous saying "I cant say" or "I dont have enough info" to a lot of recruiting stories. I also agree with others saying he isnt burning his bridge until he has somewhere to cross to.

So, hopefully, this story still has legs through the holidays (despite him "Reaffiriming" his commit recently).. as the young man sits and thinks hard about going into that Penn State firestorm..

until the coaching staff issue has been settled he will stay with his commitment, as has been stated no need to burn a bridge until the dust starts to settle with coaches

Latest posts