Morehouse Tweet re: Tommy Schutt

Are we really shocked he wanted to go to a big NAME school end of story...

Shocked...no. It just sucks that after all the crap tOSU pulled under Tressel they still come out of it smelling like roses. The NCAA has no balls and is just going to let them get away with what I would argue, was worse than what USC did. Most of us were hoping they would get knocked down a peg or two but looking at things now I think they may have actually elevated their status.

Shocked...no. It just sucks that after all the crap tOSU pulled under Tressel they still come out of it smelling like roses. The NCAA has no balls and is just going to let them get away with what I would argue, was worse than what USC did. Most of us were hoping they would get knocked down a peg or two but looking at things now I think they may have actually elevated their status.

The NCAA hasn't given the final say yet. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting the Death Penalty but wouldn't be shocked with a couple year post season ban and I'm guessing they will lose a few more scholarships, those would both sting. The self imposed penalties are a total joke.

They are suppose to find out in the next 2 weeks, not saying it will but depending on how hard the NCAA comes down it could change a few minds or at the very least a second thought.

Its not over yet. A lot of OSU fans are oblivious to the fact that The Failure to Monitor charge is out there. My guess is they won't have the scholarships to give to all these kids when things are said and done.

not sure we need a player that goes from one name school to anothert
speaks to me of someone that says
"i am too good, and its only the best for me"
problem in the making
2nd coming of Bain?

holycrap.jpg
Where did you get that pic of Phil Parker?

The NCAA hasn't given the final say yet. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting the Death Penalty but wouldn't be shocked with a couple year post season ban and I'm guessing they will lose a few more scholarships, those would both sting. The self imposed penalties are a total joke.

They are suppose to find out in the next 2 weeks, not saying it will but depending on how hard the NCAA comes down it could change a few minds or at the very least a second thought.

A post season ban would shock OSU and Urban both...its highly unlikely or they would have self imposed one this year. OSU thinks their penalties will be accepted and NCAA will add a probation period.

A post season ban would shock OSU and Urban both...its highly unlikely or they would have self imposed one this year. OSU thinks their penalties will be accepted and NCAA will add a probation period.

Yeah and that would make the NCAA an utter laughing stock and USC would throw a fit to get that changed...i would bet that you guys are going to get MIN 1 year ban at least...should be the same as what USC got.

The USC and OSU violations aren't that similar if you know the details. You should research them a little more if you're going to make that comment. The differences are significant...

I agree with you! Its all about money and draw. OSU is a bigtime TV draw and now that they have brought in their "Savior" Urban Meyer, all will be well in Buckeye land. Oh, I lived in Florida when Meyer coached Florida and all was not what it seemed. He slid out of town very quietly with his fake "stress" story. It will be only a matter of time before the same thing happens at OSU.

The USC and OSU violations aren't that similar if you know the details. You should research them a little more if you're going to make that comment. The differences are significant...

I agree different, but still deserving of a pretty severe penalty if you ask me.

You realize failure to monitor is as serious as it gets, right Mr. Head in the Sand? Everything is still on the table.

You are right, the situations are not the same. Your coach knowingly knew and allowed his kids to play. That is intentionally breaking the rules. The USC coaches should have known, yours did. You think you should get off lighter because you knowingly broke the rules? Or because it wasn't as much money?

Didn't Pryor pledge 12 months ago to return in 2011? Why didn't he fulfill that promise?

You realize failure to monitor is as serious as it gets, right Mr. Head in the Sand? Everything is still on the table.

You are right, the situations are not the same. Your coach knowingly knew and allowed his kids to play. That is intentionally breaking the rules. The USC coaches should have known, yours did. You think you should get off lighter because you knowingly broke the rules? Or because it wasn't as much money?

Actually it isn't. Lack of institutional control is more serious. OSU maintains dismissing Tressel solves the monitoring problem. LOIC says the athletic dept knew and covered it up. OSU's dept cooperated fully with the NCAA while USC denied everything til the ruling. Huge difference. I can educate you more via PM if needed.

Last edited:
Actually it isn't. Lack of institutional control is more serious. OSU maintains dismissing Tressel solves the monitoring problem. LOIC says the athletic dept knew and covered it up. OSU's dept cooperated fully with the NCAA while USC denied everything til the ruling. Huge difference. I can educate you more via PM if needed.
I'm just guessing here but I think the NCAA trump's OSU.
I EXPECT OSU to get some serious sanctions due to this whole ordeal. If not its gloves off and I expect every other NCAA team in the nation to cast a blind eye and let it be known its OK to cheat as long as coach knows he's out and it will all be good then.
Its simple the number of years the BS was going on around the school = the number of years you sit out bowl/conference championship contention.

Latest posts