More on Investigation

Well the site is a bust for me now that this thread in the football forum is now talking about awards by some random guy. This thread is for football ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

JD - plz don't ban me, but I think cm should be given a special exemption from the well-intentioned "Chad" rule. The proles seemed to start it in some sort of mocking manner against him and I saw him sign his post on another board like that. That's really his name and it was kind of his signature thing, prolly involuntary like he's signing an email. I ask you as the benevolent moderator (notice I didn't say dictator, but I could have) you are to make a special dispensation for the real Chad to continue to sign off using his real name. His behavior ain't what you're trying to stop on this board, in fact, guys signing off with their real name is what you should be promoting.

Let's say you were a third grade teacher, no check that, second grade teacher so we're on the appropriate maturity level, and there was a kid with a gimpy leg in your class. You see the other kids start faking a limp in a manner that mocks the gimpy fella. So you then break out an iron fist and ban walking with a limp in your classroom. Don't you let the kid with the feeble leg continue to walk with the limp? Chad is the guy with the bum leg and I think we've gotta stand up for him and let him be who he is and not punish the guy who was the butt of the "joke."

Ken

So honest question Jon, how does this not get a ban today? Isn't this exactly the kind of message board behavior you are trying to get rid of? I think OK4P is a funny guy, but why are you banning Duff and Kaldenberg and allowing OK4P to just mock the new rules, is it just because you find him humerous? He's probably responsible for just as many memes on this site as anyone else.

I know it's your site, just want to get a feel for the new rules here.

Touché.......I can't remember if we are enemies or not but that's funny stuff right there.

And hey I'm getting better at this signing stuff.......:D

No I dont think you and I have ever had beef. I did start putting your name behind my posts because I thought it would catch on. I didnt think it would mean LIKE or +1. I just thought it would be funny...then vintage ran with it. I also started putting walrus instead of a long necked bird behind post.

I get that some posters want things to stay on topic, but I really didnt see things going down hill. Most posts that were joking or off topic were very short and very easy to weed out. Its not like they were ten pages long and when you get to the end of it you find it was a joke. I miss the old days when fun was had by most.

No I dont think you and I have ever had beef. I did start putting your name behind my posts because I thought it would catch on. I didnt think it would mean LIKE or +1. I just thought it would be funny...then vintage ran with it. I also started putting walrus instead of a long necked bird behind post.

I get that some posters want things to stay on topic, but I really didnt see things going down hill. Most posts that were joking or off topic were very short and very easy to weed out. Its not like they were ten pages long and when you get to the end of it you find it was a joke. I miss the old days when fun was had by most.

I concur, we as passionate people, not just fans have a tendency to take things to personally. I've gotten better at keeping my emotions in check over the years. And even better at not taking things personally. With that said, the way I talk and my message can sometimes run people right up the flag pole and I need to tone that down at times.

I'm mostly just a fun loving guy who likes to twist the worm a bit. So honestly I didn't take the Chad thing too seriously and did try to have fun with it myself. On one hand it did feel like a jab, but on the other it was kind of a quirky habit only I did. So although it was just a "thing" for me. It did certainly make me free game. If you can't poke fun at yourself, then really you shouldn't be on these boards.

And that's why I leave from time to time....:cool:

I concur, we as passionate people, not just fans have a tendency to take things to personally. I've gotten better at keeping my emotions in check over the years. And even better at not taking things personally. With that said, the way I talk and my message can sometimes run people right up the flag pole and I need to tone that down at times.

I'm mostly just a fun loving guy who likes to twist the worm a bit. So honestly I didn't take the Chad thing too seriously and did try to have fun with it myself. On one hand it did feel like a jab, but on the other it was kind of a quirky habit only I did. So although it was just a "thing" for me. It did certainly make me free game. If you can't poke fun at yourself, then really you shouldn't be on these boards.

And that's why I leave from time to time....:cool:

I agree, if you post your opinion then you need to be ready for the response. I have never done anything to anyone that has a lower post count than me, except if they post something dumb and the are a very new member and have like 4 posts.

Things have been boring since the bannings. Im sorry if every post doesnt make everyone laugh.

So I will leave you with this.....well done ++++ (sir).

Latest posts