More on Investigation

"Multiple law enforcement agents have told KCJJ that Coker was involved in a recent legal investigation, although his role in that investigation is unclear."

So I take it this whole thing has been narrowed down to something dealing with Academics? Would Mason be kept up to speed on the investigation if it was something along the lines of theft, assault, etc?

I think another reason she would be kept up to speed and it would be considered a university issue is if it was something that happened in the dorm or another campus building.

That's just a complete guess though.

I think another reason she would be kept up to speed and it would be considered a university issue is if it was something that happened in the dorm or another campus building.

That's just a complete guess though.

He is not a freshman and therefore does not live in campus housing.

"Multiple law enforcement agents have told KCJJ that Coker was involved in a recent legal investigation, although his role in that investigation is unclear."

Also, Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness said Tuesday her office isn’t investigating anything involving Coker, who was with the team as late as Sunday.

Not saying one or the other is more accurate.

weirdly vague, might be awhile till it all shakes out, not holding my breath. hope its something minor, cause the longer this goes on, the more serious it seems it could be.

You also failed to quote this line, which is directly before the line you did quote.

UI Police Chief Chuck Green says his department isn't investigating Coker, who will not travel with the team to Tempe, Arizona.

U of Iowa police are saying they are not investigating Coker and the Johnson County Atty is saying they are not investigating Coker. KCJJ reports that Coker is being investigated by law enforcement of some capacity, but at this point it's off the record and non-sourced and is not specific as to whether or not Coker was the focus of the investigation and his role in it is 'unclear'.

Do I have this right?

U of Iowa police are saying they are not investigating Coker and the Johnson County Atty is saying they are not investigating Coker. KCJJ reports that Coker is being investigated by law enforcement of some capacity, but at this point it's off the record and non-sourced and is not specific as to whether or not Coker was the focus of the investigation and his role in it is 'unclear'.

Do I have this right?

Must be the FBI then.

Do I have this right?

correcto.

Still even if the sheriff and atty were investigating him I wouldn't expect them to confirm that until they were ready to press charges.

KCJJ says that law enforcement told them Coker was "involved" in a legal investigation. By the way they worded that, he could be an informant or person of interest in an investigation against someone else, which would also explain why Lyness and everyone else aren't going after him.

But I don't know if that is what KCJJ meant, or if it is even true.

I think the offense here is pretty clear:

-University suspension, not a coaches decision
-No criminal investigation
-Happens immediately following final exams

Assuming that Marcus is a pretty good student, since he is majoring in physical sciences, I doubt he is flunking out. It is shaping up to look like academic malfeasance of some sort.

"Should I have reported Coker's malfeasance? Hm, probably but now I know something that he doesn't want me to know. So I can use his malfeasance to establish leverage. Otherwise it's just malfeasance for malfeasances' sake."

Latest posts