More On Alabama Offer To Pierschbacher

I don't follow recruits, but I appreciate those who do and post information. There's a lot of crap to read through in these threads, at least the posts about recruits social media has some value. Trying to interpret and argue their meaning can become comical though.

I think its kinda a douchey mentality to be a life long fan of a team then go to a different team jusbecause they are front runners. I know a lot of people think that way but I would rather try to make
my favorite team better then join a different team that was going to be good with or without me.

I'd agree that for a fan of a team to jump ship and go with the front-runners is 'douchey.' But the kid isn't trying to decide which team he is going to be a fan of. He's trying to decide which university is the best fit for him personally and professionally. I really hope it's Iowa, but if he's in doubt about the long term stability of Iowa (which I suppose he should be) then he obligated to look else where. Especially when one of the options is the most dominant college football team in the country.

image.png

I'd agree that for a fan of a team to jump ship and go with the front-runners is 'douchey.' But the kid isn't trying to decide which team he is going to be a fan of. He's trying to decide which university is the best fit for him personally and professionally. I really hope it's Iowa, but if he's in doubt about the long term stability of Iowa (which I suppose he should be) then he obligated to look else where. Especially when one of the options is the most dominant college football team in the country.

You had me until the last sentence. If you want to ditch your favorite team and go play for another team just because they are the best, in my opinion that's douchey. I know allot of people don't agree with that and that's fine, I just don't know how you can be such a front runner.

He's a cedar falls kid that appears to be a Hawkeye fan, he's got scherff, Iowas next great linan to go to the pros reaching out to him, he's already visited the sexy schools, he has the opp to at close to home so family can enjoy it, Iowa is very solid for producing big time lineman, what's not to like. Stay at home my man. Be a hawk, live the dream, make Iowa great, **** on Sabin.

I wouldn't blame the kid one bit for taking that Alabama offer over Iowa. Not one bit. It's national championships or mid-level/bottom feeding Big Ten finishes.

However, if Rhoads is able to sign Lazard at Iowa State and Kirk can't keep Pierschbacher then it will be clear to me what program has the better pull with these young guys and what staff is better recruiting. You can't convince me otherwise if the top WR in the COUNTRY picks ISU over Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, etc. that Rhoads and his staff are building a better program while Ferentz and his are rapidly declining.

I wouldn't blame the kid one bit for taking that Alabama offer over Iowa. Not one bit. It's national championships or mid-level/bottom feeding Big Ten finishes.

However, if Rhoads is able to sign Lazard at Iowa State and Kirk can't keep Pierschbacher then it will be clear to me what program has the better pull with these young guys and what staff is better recruiting. You can't convince me otherwise if the top WR in the COUNTRY picks ISU over Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, etc. that Rhoads and his staff are building a better program while Ferentz and his are rapidly declining.

fail

Currenly, ISU is the better pogram in the state, stats dont lie.

Which stats are you using? Iowa has finished with a better record than ISU 8 out of the last 10 years, and they tied withe 7-5 records in '05. Yes, last year was the 1 time for ISU to finish better, but 1 year does not make a program better. They were a better team, but they do not have a better program.

So you mean to tell me that Iowa State got a commitment from the "top WR in the country" (never mind that no recruiting site besides Rivals has Lazard higher than 15th at his position) whose father went to Iowa State, brother currently plays football at Iowa State, and lives a half hour away from ISU's campus? That's crazy. Why would he want to go to Iowa State? (Also never mind the fact that Lazard does not have an offer from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, or LSU).

So you mean to tell me that Iowa State got a commitment from the "top WR in the country" (never mind that no recruiting site besides Rivals has Lazard higher than 15th at his position) whose father went to Iowa State, brother currently plays football at Iowa State, and lives a half hour away from ISU's campus? That's crazy. Why would he want to go to Iowa State? (Also never mind the fact that Lazard does not have an offer from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Alabama, or LSU).

Wow, I'm just going to leave this here for HawkeyeRyno.

List of burn centers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rhoads and his staff are building a better program while Ferentz and his are rapidly declining.

I guess you can take this statement in two ways. The first way, that Rhoads is building a better program at ISU than thay have been in the past... I would agree with this.

If you meant that he is making ISU into a better program than Iowa... hardly. There's a big difference between a better team and a better program. I have no problem saying that last year ISU was the better team. Better program?... no way. Based on that logic, you can pick a program like Auburn, who went 3-9 last year (yeah, I know they played in the SEC, but they sucked last year regardless) and say ISU is a better program than Auburn. Is Iowa's program on par with Auburn's program? No. But they're a lot closer than ISU ever will be.

I like ISU when they're not playing Iowa, but the programs are on two different levels.

Latest posts