More On Alabama Offer To Pierschbacher

So according to you, he's gonna decommit because of the same reasons he committed (the coaches). That makes no sense.

Judging from the additional quotes, it sounds like he's coming unless there's a house cleaning.

Now that I read it more, the season isn't going to break his commitment unless its so bad that the chatter increase and the coach gets canned.

I think this season is going to be a decent-good one, so it's all a moot point.

I'm sure that's not the only factor that is playing into his decision. You have to consider his proximity to home and playing for what I've heard is his favorite team growing up. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but after reading his quotes from the other day I just don't like our chances, especially since I don't think we'll do any better than 5-7. Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't jive with you, brah.

Edit: the post above mine definitely makes me feel a lot better.

Would love to have this problem with about 15 other verbals each year.........fighting off top tier programs for prospects that have made Iowa their #1 choice early in the recruiting process.

At this point I think it's much to do about little. He's obviously a good player but all the hoopla over an offer.....really? The same guy that went out of his way to help recruit Scheel to be a Hawk? The same guy that has had offers from several majors for nearly a year and has visited numerous top tier schools in that same time frame, yet still gave an early verbal to Iowa. Is Alabama really that much more exciting than offers from OK, ND, MI, NE, etc? If he wanted prestige and attention he could have verballed to other noteables much earlier.

Only makes sense that most any verbal might change their mind if their preferred school incurs some major change/s.......no surprise.

I'm sure that's not the only factor that is playing into his decision. You have to consider his proximity to home and playing for what I've heard is his favorite team growing up. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but after reading his quotes from the other day I just don't like our chances, especially since I don't think we'll do any better than 5-7. Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't jive with you, brah.

Edit: the post above mine definitely makes me feel a lot better.

No need to feel sorry for not jiving. My opinion doesn't jive with yours and I'm not sorry for it. Saul Good, brah.
When I first heard Bama offered I was worried. But after reading the quotes (and now the FB friend request), I felt a lot better. But who knows... A year is a long time.

No need to feel sorry for not jiving. My opinion doesn't jive with yours and I'm not sorry for it. Saul Good, brah.
When I first heard Bama offered I was worried. But after reading the quotes (and now the FB friend request), I felt a lot better. But who knows... A year is a long time.

Yeah, it doesn't really do much good to worry about it now. A lot can happen in between now and signing day. And on second thought, I am not sorry for my opinion either! Hah.

One thing to keep in mind as it pertains to Alabama, though not necessarily other major schools:

'Bama's recruiting M.O. the last couple of years has been to fill up on 4 and 5 stars by the end of the summer and only hold a couple of spots for the elite of the elite, the sure-fire 5-stars who plan to announce in January and February because they're so good every school will wait for them. I don't think Ross P fits into that category, so I wouldn't be shocked if Alabama fills up on OL by the end of the summer and no longer has a spot for him should he decide to decommit following Iowa's season.

I agree with this but it's easy to sit behind a computer screen and say that when it's not you or your kid.

Don't get me wrong it would be pretty tough for me to turn down playing for Iowa but I think people forget (or don't know) how close Tim Dwight was from playing for South Carolina if not for a coaching change.

Wasn't it Standford for Timmy's #2? South Carolina at that time would have been a horrible choice.

Tom Kakert at HR has said from day one this kid will play for Ferentz as long as coach is still there after this year. If things fall apart really bad and the hot seat gets turned up to inferno mode that is the situation I see Pierschbacher taking another offer.

Ferentz is going nowhere, unless he decides to leave. However, no decision about the coach will be made based on the potential of recruit coming to Iowa. He may feel that way, but the UI wouldn't care (at least I hope they wouldn't care).

I'm curious on this as well. Because Scherff is his idol? Or because an interested Hawk is following him on Facebook?

Not even that...it was re tweeted by Tom Kakert (who is a member of the media)...who I follow...not RP. So my take is it's either creepy that Scherff is his idol, or creepy that a journalist would follow someone who he has a close relationship with, and is the lifeblood of his business. IDK...

I don't find either situation creepy myself.

Wow--that would have been a horrible move. He must have met a pretty gal down there on a visit.

I've been to Columbia and it is hot as Hades--and unusually loud for a city that size. Nice zoo.

I will give it to South Carolina that they have an excellent fan-base. Similar to Iowa's in demeanor and dedication. The SC teams were pretty bad during that time, though, and the school is nowhere near as good as Stanford.

Wow--that would have been a horrible move. He must have met a pretty gal down there on a visit.

I've been to Columbia and it is hot as Hades--and unusually loud for a city that size. Nice zoo.

I will give it to South Carolina that they have an excellent fan-base. Similar to Iowa's in demeanor and dedication. The SC teams were pretty bad during that time, though, and the school is nowhere near as good as Stanford.

He loved the coaching staff and how they said they were going to use him. Again not that he was going there but they were a much bigger player then some thought at the time or even now. The coaching change made it an easy choice.

I think its kinda a douchey mentality to be a life long fan of a team then go to a different team jusbecause they are front runners. I know a lot of people think that way but I would rather try to make
my favorite team better then join a different team that was going to be good with or without me.
No doubt. I'm right there with ya. I mean if that's the case he's not that much of a "fan" I was even as a young teenager a die hard sports fan. I mean I'd have rather walked to Iowa city from NW Iowa to walk on to play for Iowa then have a charter bus pick me up and give me a full ride scholly to ISU. That's just me. So if I'm him today an Alabama offer wouldn't have swayed me. But he's not me....

No doubt. I'm right there with ya. I mean if that's the case he's not that much of a "fan" I was even as a young teenager a die hard sports fan. I mean I'd have rather walked to Iowa city from NW Iowa to walk on to play for Iowa then have a charter bus pick me up and give me a full ride scholly to ISU. That's just me. So if I'm him today an Alabama offer wouldn't have swayed me. But he's not me....

i have a hard time imagining choosing to pay vs getting a free ride. i'll take your word for it, but a poor kid like me would take the free ride every time. now, if all things were equal (scholarship wise) i'd pick my Hawks.

all that said, looks more and more like Ross loves his Hawks, so that's encouraging.

For some reason, your post reminds me of a deal in junior high (I now, stupid). When we all went to middle school (6th grade), we still played "after school athletics" with the 5th graders at our elementary schools.

Suddenly one year, a bunch of 6th graders went back to a different school because the "best" player went there, and they wanted to coat-tail it.

In other words, hanger-on, semi-loser, I-can't-think-for-myself-or-be-my-own-person behavior can start pretty early in life.

Latest posts