More On Alabama Offer To Pierschbacher

Here is the thing. Do you play for your home state and possibly become a state "hero". OR do you go to a school where nobody knows your name or even gives two cents about you? I mean it is not like he has a better shot at the next level at either place, if anything you have to think Iowa has a better record of such things when it comes to */placement ratio.

Because its a bunch of grown men fawning over a high school juniors facebook page. Re-tweeting it and posting it on a message board.

Creeps me out. Sorry if it doesnt do the same to you.

So who is fawning over it? A member of the media who re tweeted as an informational piece, or the member of the message board to put it there as an informational piece? Sure hope you don't read any recruiting updates or articles on here...that would be creepy.

So who is fawning over it? A member of the media who re tweeted as an informational piece, or the member of the message board to put it there as an informational piece? Sure hope you don't read any recruiting updates or articles on here...that would be creepy.

Yeah cuz thats the same thing.

Because its a bunch of grown men fawning over a high school juniors facebook page. Re-tweeting it and posting it on a message board.

Creeps me out. Sorry if it doesnt do the same to you.

The only thing people care about is his ability to play football. It's not like they are following him to keep up on his love life. It's 2013, get with the times.

The only thing people care about is his ability to play football. It's not like they are following him to keep up on his love life. It's 2013, get with the times.

Never know with Howe or Kakert.

Also, Im guessing the people that arent at least a little weirded out by following a 16 or 17 year old kid on Twitter are the same old men that will be lining up to buy Pierschbacher jerseys when the Hawk Shop gets them in 3 years down the road.

What 20 year old kids name do I get to wear on my back?

lulz

Also, Im guessing the people that arent at least a little weirded out by following a 16 or 17 year old kid on Twitter are the same old men that will be lining up to buy Pierschbacher jerseys when the Hawk Shop gets them in 3 years down the road.

lulz

I don't do either but I'm glad other people keep up on his Facebook because I like the updates. It's the only way to get any idea of how we are going to look in the future and I'm definitely a look ahead kind of guy.

lulz

Sec, I follow Howe and Kakert on Twitter. Every media member who own/work for recruiting sites retweet and tweet out things from HS kid's facebook pages all day long. It's not just Iowa media, it's all over the country. I get what you're saying, it's creep if "fans" follow recruits on twitter or become friends with them on facebook but I don't see how following Howe or Kakert and posting here what they retweet is creepy.

I don't do either but I'm glad other people keep up on his Facebook because I like the updates. It's the only way to get any idea of how we are going to look in the future and I'm definitely a look ahead kind of guy.

haha, facebook is the "only way" to get a glimpse of future recruits?

How much football footage is on a kids social media page? Not much I am guessing.

There are ways to find out what a recruit could possibly bring to the program without stalking them on a social media site.

Sec, I follow Howe and Kakert on Twitter. Every media member who own/work for recruiting sites retweet and tweet out things from HS kid's facebook pages all day long. It's not just Iowa media, it's all over the country. I get what you're saying, it's creep if "fans" follow recruits on twitter or become friends with them on facebook but I don't see how following Howe or Kakert and posting here what they retweet is creepy.

Fair enough. The worst are the idiots that like to bombard the kids with moronic tweets. (see a thread in the football forum about this and Pierschbacher).

haha, facebook is the "only way" to get a glimpse of future recruits?

How much football footage is on a kids social media page? Not much I am guessing.

There are ways to find out what a recruit could possibly bring to the program without stalking them on a social media site.

Are they better and easier ways? No.

Just give it up man. You're the only one that thinks it's creepy.

Yeah there are better and easier ways to see what a kid will bring to the football program. Any one of the various recruiting sites, read a newspaper and get updates on the kids, look at box scores during the season to see how they are performing. Those are all more valuable to gather information on a kids athletic ability than Facebook.

Now if you want to see what his tux looked like for prom, facebook it up with him.

While I respect 136's view on this, I wouldn't use the word creepy to describe an adult that follows a teenager on twitter.

I would use the word "pathetic".

While I respect 136's view on this, I wouldn't use the word creepy to describe an adult that follows a teenager on twitter.

Creepy Creepington takes offense to this.

Pretty obvious GoHawks24 likes keeping up on all the happenings in the hallways at Cedar Falls High School.

Then here are a lot of "pathetic" people out there running recruiting websites and services. I sure hope you don't subscribe to any of them.

Fair enough. The worst are the idiots that like to bombard the kids with moronic tweets. (see a thread in the football forum about this and Pierschbacher).

I agree with you there, people should not be posting on his facebook account or tweeting at him unless they are friends or family. Or going out and getting it from him first hand.

Anyone who thinks they should, is completely moronic.

Latest posts