More On Alabama Offer To Pierschbacher

haha, facebook is the "only way" to get a glimpse of future recruits?

How much football footage is on a kids social media page? Not much I am guessing.

There are ways to find out what a recruit could possibly bring to the program without stalking them on a social media site.

I didn't mean Facebook was the only way. I meant "creeping the kid" is the only way. The recruiting services get their info from "creeping them". Another thing to think about is not everyone on here is 30 and older. If some 20 year old follows him on facebook then posts something on here confirming his commitment, I'm all for it.

I would bet gohawks24 is in his 20's. Hell I don't even have facebook and I understand the difference between wanting info on a big name recruit and wanting to creep their pictures and hear about their love life.

Then here are a lot of "pathetic" people out there running recruiting websites and services. I sure hope you don't subscribe to any of them.

HerkeyHawk, I wouldn't call the people running those sites "pathetic". They do it because of the "pathetic" people who subscribe to their sites want that information. That type of information drives hits and memberships, meaning $$$. Scout and Rivals charge memberships for premium information, generally alot of the interviews saved for the non-free members.

No matter how pedestrian our record might be this year, I think the O line will be pretty decent (barring another spate of injuries) and that might be enough to sway him to keep his commitment. If Iowa is known for anything, it is offensive linemen development.

HerkeyHawk, I wouldn't call the people running those sites "pathetic". They do it because of the "pathetic" people who subscribe to their sites want that information. That type of information drives hits and memberships, meaning $$$. Scout and Rivals charge memberships for premium information, generally alot of the interviews saved for the non-free members.

Right...this is the point I'm trying to argue!

Then here are a lot of "pathetic" people out there running recruiting websites and services. I sure hope you don't subscribe to any of them.

I've never subscribed to a recruiting website or service. Nor will I ever. Its none of my business where any teenager wants to go to college, unless its my own kid.

I realize as a college football fan that recruiting is the life-blood of the sport. I just choose to wait until Hawkcentral, this site, or the CR Gazette posts the article ever February about the kids that have signed to play for Iowa. That is the only recruiting news I seek ever.

I simply refuse to waste a second of my time or a penny out of my pocket worrying about what school a teenager that I will never meet decides to play football for.

I've never subscribed to a recruiting website or service. Nor will I ever. Its none of my business where any teenager wants to go to college, unless its my own kid.

I realize as a college football fan that recruiting is the life-blood of the sport. I just choose to wait until Hawkcentral, this site, or the CR Gazette posts the article ever February about the kids that have signed to play for Iowa. That is the only recruiting news I seek ever.

I simply refuse to waste a second of my time or a penny out of my pocket worrying about what school a teenager that I will never meet decides to play football for.

Yet here you are on Hawkeye Nation posting on the recruiting board...

There is very little difference between caring about a kid as soon as he commits to your school and caring as soon as he considers your school.

Yet here you are on Hawkeye Nation posting on the recruiting board...

Well there is a lot of stuff of this site and forums that has nothing to do with recruiting.

I'll admit, I click on these types of threads. For one reason: Make fun of people who are worried about teenagers and what football team they are going to play for. It even gets better when people start insulting the recruits. Its honestly laugh-out-loud comedy.

I really try to respect opinions outside of my own and avoid personal attacks on message boards. Most people probably don't give a **** that I used the word "pathetic" to describe posters that care so much about teenagers. You apparently do or at least feel the need to defend it. So I apologize if I offended you or someone like you. I should have probably kept such a negative personal opinion to myself.

I still hold firm, I think its pathetic that people get worked up in the slightest about this stuff and I will continue to use it as a source of entertainment. So please carry on.

Well there is a lot of stuff of this site and forums that has nothing to do with recruiting.

I'll admit, I click on these types of threads. For one reason: Make fun of people who are worried about teenagers and what football team they are going to play for. It even gets better when people start insulting the recruits. Its honestly laugh-out-loud comedy.

I really try to respect opinions outside of my own and avoid personal attacks on message boards. Most people probably don't give a **** that I used the word "pathetic" to describe posters that care so much about teenagers. You apparently do or at least feel the need to defend it. So I apologize if I offended you or someone like you. I should have probably kept such a negative personal opinion to myself.

I still hold firm, I think its pathetic that people get worked up in the slightest about this stuff and I will continue to use it as a source of entertainment. So please carry on.

Doesn't make me any difference what you choose or don't choose to invest your time in. I just found your double standard hilarious.

Doesn't make me any difference what you choose or don't choose to invest your time in. I just found your double standard hilarious.

Yeah its probably a double standard. I did click on a thread that is about recruiting. They do tend to pop up in the "What's New" forum. I suppose it is kind of funny being that I said I don't follow recruiting.

But hey, not quite as funny as following teenagers on twitter & facebook. No matter what I do or say, I'll never beat that that level of pathetic.

He gone. There's no way we get to 6 wins this season, IMO. Not with Greg Davis calling the shots and Kirk's hatred of innovative offensive ideas. I can't blame the kid for not wanting to play in an anemic offense if he goes somewhere else.

Thankfully Kirk has the track record of getting guys into the NFL, but I'm sure Ross thinks he can get there from whatever school that he plays for, and more often than not you want to play for a winner, not a stagnant team with an overly conservative coach that plays not to lose, instead of playing to win. /rant.

(I totally hope I'm wrong on all of this, of course, but I've lost a lot of faith in Kirk the past few seasons)

ALL*

Yeah its probably a double standard. I did click on a thread that is about recruiting. They do tend to pop up in the "What's New" forum. I suppose it is kind of funny being that I said I don't follow recruiting.

But hey, not quite as funny as following teenagers on twitter & facebook. No matter what I do or say, I'll never beat that that level of pathetic.

Fair enough. For the record I don't follow any HSers on either social media, either.

Creepy Creepington takes offense to this.

Pretty obvious GoHawks24 likes keeping up on all the happenings in the hallways at Cedar Falls High School.

Nope, pretty far off there actually, brah.

I'm smart enough to realize that a person who runs a recruiting website finds a whole lot of value in following a kid on facebook or twitter though. And that re-tweeting or re-posting what they post or tweet isn't "the creepiest thing ever" when somebody shares it on a RECRUITING message board. Obviously you're not smart enough to realize that, or just trying to purposefully be a d*ck. Congrats man! Misson accomplished.

Last edited:
Nope, pretty far off there actually, brah.

I'm smart enough to realize that a person who runs a recruiting website finds a whole lot of value in following a kid on facebook or twitter though. And that re-tweeting or re-posting what they post or tweet isn't "the creepiest thing ever" when somebody shares it on a RECRUITING message board. Obviously you're not smart enough to realize that, or just trying to purposefully be a d*ck. Congrats man! Misson accomplished.

U mad?

U-Mad-Bro.jpg

FIFY. At least get it right.

Latest posts