More On Alabama Offer To Pierschbacher

SheagleHawk

Alabama moves in on Iowa four-star recruit Pierschbacher | Hawk Central

“I’m still committed to Iowa,†he said. “I couldn’t really tell you what’s in the future. A year is a long ways away, and it seems like recruiting is kind of a crazy trail and a lot of things tend to happen.â€

“I’m hoping nothing goes bad with Iowa’s season,†he said. “If something does, or if everything doesn’t fall their way… there’s always a possibility there.â€

What does everyone put his odds at of staying a Hawkeye? After comments like that, and what kind of season we're likely facing, I'd say he's all but gone.

Tom Kakert at HR has said from day one this kid will play for Ferentz as long as coach is still there after this year. If things fall apart really bad and the hot seat gets turned up to inferno mode that is the situation I see Pierschbacher taking another offer.

Tom Kakert at HR has said from day one this kid will play for Ferentz as long as coach is still there after this year. If things fall apart really bad and the hot seat gets turned up to inferno mode that is the situation I see Pierschbacher taking another offer.

That's a little more reassuring. So you don't think if Iowa drops another 4-8 or 5-7 turd that he's gone? Would be hard to blame the kid if he did go to Bama.

If this is true, then he will be a Hawk.

If Iowa goes 0-12 this year, Ferentz is still the coach.

He gone. There's no way we get to 6 wins this season, IMO. Not with Greg Davis calling the shots and Kirk's hatred of innovative offensive ideas. I can't blame the kid for not wanting to play in an anemic offense if he goes somewhere else.

Thankfully Kirk has the track record of getting guys into the NFL, but I'm sure Ross thinks he can get there from whatever school that he plays for, and more often than not you want to play for a winner, not a stagnant team with an overly conservative coach that plays not to lose, instead of playing to win. /rant.

(I totally hope I'm wrong on all of this, of course, but I've lost a lot of faith in Kirk the past few seasons)

Last edited:
Hope he holds true to his committment. But now that the top tier programs are throwing their hats in the ring....think we're heading out of the picture.

Please proove me wrong Ross!

Loyal Dubuque Hawk Fan

He gone. There's no way we get to 6 wins this season, IMO. Not with Greg Davis calling the shots and Kirk's hatred of innovative offensive ideas. I can't blame the kid for not wanting to play in an anemic offense if he goes somewhere else.

Thankfully Kirk has the track record of getting guys into the NFL, but I'm sure Ross thinks he can get there from whatever school that he plays for, and more often than not you want to play for a winner, not a stagnant team with an overly conservative coach that plays not to lose, instead of playing to win. /rant.

I'm afraid you might be right. Bama has no problem putting guys in the NFL. Given that, I think the decision to play for a middle of the conference team who's currently in a serious rut vs. playing for a team who regularly contends for the NC is a pretty easy decision.

"(he) went on to explain that it would likely take a change within the Hawkeye program for him to change his mind."

If he's a big Hawk fan, which it sounds like he is, that bodes well. Iowa sends more OL to NFL than 'Bama and probably most anyone else as well. If lure of playing for NC is more important then we can't compete with that. There is a lot to be said about playing 90 minutes from your family and friends too. If he were a skill position guy, I'd be more inclined to write him off to AL, ND, MI, or OK offer. Let the hand-wringing begin!
:)

I will be more surprised if he decommits than I would have been if brian ferentz decommitted after he verballed.

I think its kinda a douchey mentality to be a life long fan of a team then go to a different team jusbecause they are front runners. I know a lot of people think that way but I would rather try to make
my favorite team better then join a different team that was going to be good with or without me.

"(he) went on to explain that it would likely take a change within the Hawkeye program for him to change his mind."

If he's a big Hawk fan, which it sounds like he is, that bodes well. Iowa sends more OL to NFL than 'Bama and probably most anyone else as well. If lure of playing for NC is more important then we can't compete with that. There is a lot to be said about playing 90 minutes from your family and friends too. If he were a skill position guy, I'd be more inclined to write him off to AL, ND, MI, or OK offer. Let the hand-wringing begin!
:)

I think it would be tough to give up going to the school that you root for, that your family can make all the games to, and at a position that Iowa traditionally sends onto the NFL for fat paydays.......The paranoid in me screams he is leaving, but looking at everything, Iowa can make a very strong case for themselves.

At least that is what I'm telling myself.

The season hasn't started and you are all claiming that our top recruit is leaving. Calm down. You people need to chill out and let stuff happen. If he decommits because of a crappy season, we'll get over it and move on. If so it might mean big changes in the program. Please step off the ledge everyone.

I think it would be tough to give up going to the school that you root for, that your family can make all the games to, and at a position that Iowa traditionally sends onto the NFL for fat paydays.......The paranoid in me screams he is leaving, but looking at everything, Iowa can make a very strong case for themselves.

At least that is what I'm telling myself.

I agree with this but it's easy to sit behind a computer screen and say that when it's not you or your kid.

Don't get me wrong it would be pretty tough for me to turn down playing for Iowa but I think people forget (or don't know) how close Tim Dwight was from playing for South Carolina if not for a coaching change.

(I totally hope I'm wrong on all of this, of course, but I've lost a lot of faith in Kirk the past few seasons)

So according to you, he's gonna decommit because of the same reasons he committed (the coaches). That makes no sense.

Judging from the additional quotes, it sounds like he's coming unless there's a house cleaning.

Now that I read it more, the season isn't going to break his commitment unless its so bad that the chatter increase and the coach gets canned.

I think this season is going to be a decent-good one, so it's all a moot point.

Latest posts