More Confirmation: Lick is Done at Iowa

Yeah, because it is my job to get to the bottom of this. I never said I don't believe you. In fact I pretty much do believe you. You, and the people you are speaking with, are just being irresponsible.

Try as you may, you cannot make me feel bad for trying to sift through the rumors to get to the facts.

Anyone going on the record now would be acting irrespsonsibly. That's what the 2:30 news conference is about. Unnamed sources are a big part of reporting, especially with delicate matters like this.

Sources say Lick is gone + 2:30 news conference called = Lick is gone.

Don't feel bad, I thought Lickliter would back for 1 more year. He was going to be until all hell broke loose last week.

I don't feel bad one bit. I thought the guy deserved another year to put his recruits in with the talent he has currently but apparently others that are higher up did not, oh well.

Don't feel bad, I thought Lickliter would back for 1 more year. He was going to be until all hell broke loose last week.

So Storm, did your sources tell you anything you can share about what was the trigger. Was it players approaching Barta as speculated. Did Barta arrange to meet w/ players and didn't like what he heard. Or was it somebody outside the program?

I will take speculation unlike Ghost w/ the understanding it is only water cooler talk.

The buyout money for Coach Lick, should come out of Barta's salary. After all, he is the one who gave him such a long contract, even without a winning season. Makes no sense that he would have a seven year contract until he has proven himself.

I feel sorry for Lickliter.

Actually, I feel sorry for Barta.

But I feel for the players more than anyone else, both the current players and those incoming recruits. I'm glad the change will be made, because it will be best for the players.

GlidingHawk

+1

Latest posts