More Confirmation: Lick is Done at Iowa

Surely Barta isn't making any 'quick' decisions. I'd be interested to see what has transpired over the past 3 days in terms of finding a replacement.

Last time with Alford......Alford left and then the search began. I would have thought this time he feel some things out first.....I guess we'll see.

I've been on the Billy Gillespie band wagon, but seriously, IF someone is already hired, who else is "available" that would fit the consensus need for a Home Run?

I don't see a high profile assistant leaving a tournament bound school, so who is left?

Not saying that I don't belive you Storm, but I would really appriciate it if you could put someone's name on this story. Someone elses name I mean.

This being said, I think doing it today or tomorrow is a bad idea. I doubt we have another coach in the pipeline, since, presumably, all of the good coaches and assistants will still be coaching well into next week. If we go a week or two without a coach, it leaves all of our recruits vulnerable to poaching (probably our current players as well) as we sit around and wait for a good coach to become available.

We need Baylor and Tennessee to lose in the first round of the tournament, and then go hard after Drew and Pearl. I'd gladly take either of them.

Not saying that I don't belive you Storm, but I would really appriciate it if you could put someone's name on this story. Someone elses name I mean.

This being said, I think doing it today or tomorrow is a bad idea. I doubt we have another coach in the pipeline, since, presumably, all of the good coaches and assistants will still be coaching well into next week. If we go a week or two without a coach, it leaves all of our recruits vulnerable to poaching (probably our current players as well) as we sit around and wait for a good coach to become available.

The press conference is official. Matt sent out Phil Haddy's release this AM. That much cannot be disputed.

What name do you want? If you want me to name a source that the press conference is going to be about Lickliter's termination, it's not going to happen.

The press conference is official. Matt sent out Phil Haddy's release this AM. That much cannot be disputed.

What name do you want? If you want me to name a source that the press conference is going to be about Lickliter's termination, it's not going to happen.

That's too bad.

The recruits are already vulnerable since its been pretty apparent this announcement was coming at some point. Delaying the announcement for 2 weeks would not help things at all.

All or our recruits have signed LOI's. If any coach contacts them,outside of Lick, that is tampering and Iowa would rightfully scream bloody murder.
And you can bet if Iowa gets wind of it, they will not release that recruit to whatever school contacted them.

Why are you so surprised by this? I think there are far more reasons to let him go than to keep him.

I meant it is too bad that this story won't be sourced. It just leaves everything open to stupid speculation and rumors. See last Thursday for an example.

When a story can't be sourced, it can't be fact checked. If we can't get facts, then it makes it hard to get the truth. Personally, I find the truth more compelling than the exclusive.

I feel sorry for Lickliter.

Actually, I feel sorry for Barta.

But I feel for the players more than anyone else, both the current players and those incoming recruits. I'm glad the change will be made, because it will be best for the players.

GlidingHawk

I meant it is too bad that this story won't be sourced. It just leaves everything open to stupid speculation and rumors. See last Thursday for an example.

When a story can't be sourced, it can't be fact checked. If we can't get facts, then it makes it hard to get the truth. Personally, I find the truth more compelling than the exclusive.

This sounds pretty official to me.. I know what you're saying, but this obviously feels a little different than what happened last Thursday when it was just on a facebook page.

My source tells me Phil Jackson is in play. Tired of the slow lane out in California and looking for a place he can really let his hair down.;)

And i don't blame you one bit for not wanting to give out names!

If I told you the names of who called/texted/emailed me, what are you going to do? Call them up and ask them? I can see it now...

*** RING *** *** RING ***

Source: "hello?"
Ghost: "Hey is Lickliter out?"
Source: "Who is this and how did you get my number?"
Ghost: "It me Ghost. I need to know who you are and how YOU know what's going on"
Source: ** CLICK **

I mean, really... it's done, man.
You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, it won't hurt my feelings.

Latest posts