Mixed feelings on Hubbard's departure

because if he is announced as being dismissed then fran and barta are going to have a lot more to answer to. this way it just sort of goes away. i mean they could have said in the release that it was his decision to leave but they didnt. it was completely ambiguous.

Disappointing on 2 levels. First, the Hawks could have used him. And second, after hearing him speak I was really pulling for the kid.

Whatever the situation, it would seem AH hasn't learned everything he needs to, to get things together. Whether it's a silent dismissal because he didn't live up to his agreements with Fran & Barta...or simply him changing his mind (especially after Fran stuck out his neck for the kid)... this may be a blessing in disguise. Better now than later...if he's really not straightened up.

The only other option I can imagine, is pressure from his family to come home. But that's hard to believe, especially considering the opportunity that was extend by Iowa. You have to think they're grateful for how Iowa City had welcomed the kid.

If, as been suggested in another thread, summer grades were given yesterday, the timing seems terribly coincidental. If he wasn't making grades or finishing classwork (and I have no links or evidence to suggest that was the case, just speculating), and that was part of his conditions for being here, then no sense continuing what could have been a problem down the road.

Hubbard is not a "kid" as some people refer to him. He's 26 years old. That's not a kid. There are 26 year olds with MBAs and some with PhDs. That's not a kid.

Honestly, I didn't even know who Anthony Hubbard was. So I didn't really give a ****. Then I found out he was the felon that for some unknown reason our Athletic department decided was a good idea to have on our basketball team and now I really don't care.

Honestly, I didn't even know who Anthony Hubbard was. So I didn't really give a ****. Then I found out he was the felon that for some unknown reason our Athletic department decided was a good idea to have on our basketball team and now I really don't care.

I was questioning why they would be interested in this kid with his past. I finally went with it assuming the kid was the next Jordan. Watched him in PTL and he was garbage in my opinion. Ugly shot poor skills but a great athlete. I have to question Fran's judgement on this one.

Last edited: