Minnesota PG Tyrell Terry Strengthening Bond with Hawkeyes

I wouldn't say his tape is dissimilar from last season's. He doesn't look like he made very many strides.

I will say that one thing I do like is that he plays under control and has an overall smooth game. He could blossom in a good strength program. Kind of a poor man's Marcus Paige, just not quite as explosive or fast.

Right now, this program is in desperate need of perimeter players with more "twitchiness." I'm not sure Tyrell fits that bill.

I wouldn't say his tape is dissimilar from last season's. He doesn't look like he made very many strides.

I will say that one thing I do like is that he plays under control and has an overall smooth game. He could blossom in a good strength program. Kind of a poor man's Marcus Paige, just not quite as explosive or fast.

Right now, this program is in desperate need of perimeter players with more "twitchiness." I'm not sure Tyrell fits that bill.

Hawks have plenty of twitch....slow twitch.

Still has more explosion or fast twitch than most if not all of our current back court. Looks like he's about 15 in that video so lot's of room to grow and mature.

“They like the way I play and have told me I can be very successful there. Watching Iowa during the season a few times, I try to envision myself in the offense,” Terry said.

Boy, not sure what he is saying here. Could go a couple ways on he results of this year! :p

Our odds of landing Terry are a lot higher than landing Suggs in '20. Also, Locure > Terry by a mile. Oh well. :rolleyes:

No he didn't. I was intrigued by him when we first offered last year but he's stock has been trending the wrong direction since then. He's not going to end up being a top 100 kid.

Well CJ Fredrick was Gatorade POY in Kentucky and people here said it doesn't matter, because he's not that good so the fact Terry isn't on one of the top 3 teams doesn't matter as well.

Well CJ Fredrick was Gatorade POY in Kentucky and people here said it doesn't matter, because he's not that good so the fact Terry isn't on one of the top 3 teams doesn't matter as well.

https://247sports.com/player/trevon-faulkner-46041491

Kentucky High School basketball was bad this year. Gatorade POY isn't near as prestigious as Mr. Basketball and CJ lost out Mr. Basketball to a kid going to Northern Kentucky.

https://247sports.com/player/trevon-faulkner-46041491

Kentucky High School basketball was bad this year. Gatorade POY isn't near as prestigious as Mr. Basketball and CJ lost out Mr. Basketball to a kid going to Northern Kentucky.

You're an expert on Kentucky basketball? I heard he was probably runner-up to the guy who won Mr. Basketball btw.

But whatever, the point is winning awards as a way to measure how good recruits are hasn't mattered to certain individuals on this board so the lack of winning them shouldn't matter either.