Minnesota pedictions

hawkIhoops

MN is the type of team that has given us fits all year. Long, athletic guys who can attack with the dribble and a couple of bigs down low. It seems like Williams has his "game of the year" against us every time we play them, so I am thinking MN 75 IA 68.

FWIW: I would love to see more Olaseni tonight. Use his 5 fouls to harass Ralph Sampson 3 and see if he can be the next freshman to contribute some valuable minutes. Basabe is too vulnerable to fouls and McCabe is too small to handle Sampson IMO. Maybe Brommer will represent in his last game in the Gopher state?

Ohhh my Im getting really excited for this one. Got my Hawk shades on. I think they keep building after the huge Wisky win.

73-67 Hawks win a close one.

Their frontcourt is terrifying and I don't know if Iowa has an answer for it right now. Really hope I am wrong.

Hawks lose a close one, but come back with a W on Saturday.

Whoa. Love that the Hawks are turning the corner, but it's going to be VERY tough to win EITHER of these games.

Minnesota's 0-2 start to conference play on the road will have them desperate for a win at home tonight. Further, they will not be overlooking the Hawks following our big win at Wisconsin. For Iowa to win tonight, it will need to shoot very well from deep, which has not been a strength yet. Gophers are long underneath and play a lot more zone than Wisky typically does. In last year's games vs. Minny, Gatens was off from the outside, and we had no other answers. If Gatens is hot, and if Oglesby and White add a little outside shooting help, this game is winnable, but I wouldn't say a win is probable. Minnesota 73, Iowa 64.

An upset against OSU on Saturday, even at home, is less probable, imo.

Minnesota's 0-2 start to conference play on the road will have them desperate for a win at home tonight. Further, they will not be overlooking the Hawks following our big win at Wisconsin.

You beat me to it. Those were the exact 2 points I was going to make. I love how the Hawks have been playing the last couple games but I just don't see them having quite enough to get over the hump tonight. Not saying I don't think they can do it, just that the odds are stacked against them. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing 82-74 Minny.

well I said we would get blown out by Purdue and Wisconsin so I'll keep the good karma alive and say Minnesota by 20+.

Minnesota 76
Iowa 67

Iowa keeps within striking distance, but too Minny's frontcourt will prove to be too much in the end.

I think it's going to be hard to make predictions for this team. I do know Iowa has three guards that are playing very well right now, and a fourth one who can also handle the ball and is a good enough shooter he can't be left open for a second.

If the guard play continues, they'll have a solid chance to win any game on the schedule.

I haven't seen MN play much this year but from what I've seen they are very athletic at the wing but they are not a very good shooting team from outside. Sampson has been ineffective down low on offense from what I've seen; shooting a lot of 15-17 footers.

I see no reason that Iowa can't keep this thing close till the end and pull one out. Marble matches up well with their wings and if cartwright plays well I see Iowa winning a close one.

77-72 Iowa.

Iowa 74
Minn 69

Iowa struggles all game, but then Minny gets pass happy and has a few key turnovers late in the game. Also minny misses a lot of Free Throws tonight as well.

Latest posts