Minnesota pedictions

Minnesota plays good defense and Iowa doesn't much of the time, turnovers will be the key in this one.
Also, with the ability of Minnesota to defend so well in the half-court, Iowa much have gread ball movement like on Saturday. If Iowa doesn't stagnate in the half-court, then I like Iowa's chances.
Sampson/Williams are very overrated and no Mbakwe for Minny, make me like Iowa better.
Problem is it is in that horrid arena, one of those places that when Iowa goes, I just hope they don't get blown out...no matter what Iowa team it is, seems like a struggle.
Still, I like how Iowa came out and punched Wisconsin in the mouth, I like them to try and do the same, Minnesota matches up better to control the running game.

Iowa - 64
Minnesota - 59

Iowa plays good defense as Minnesota has only one real 3-pt threat and Iowa runs and gets Sampson in foul trouble.
Remember their front line is no longer: 6-11, 6-10, 6-8...the normalized lineup doesn't get Iowa killed on the boards and allows White to run free.

Minnesota plays good defense and Iowa doesn't much of the time, turnovers will be the key in this one.
Also, with the ability of Minnesota to defend so well in the half-court, Iowa much have gread ball movement like on Saturday. If Iowa doesn't stagnate in the half-court, then I like Iowa's chances.
Sampson/Williams are very overrated and no Mbakwe for Minny, make me like Iowa better.
Problem is it is in that horrid arena, one of those places that when Iowa goes, I just hope they don't get blown out...no matter what Iowa team it is, seems like a struggle.
Still, I like how Iowa came out and punched Wisconsin in the mouth, I like them to try and do the same, Minnesota matches up better to control the running game.

Iowa - 64
Minnesota - 59

Iowa plays good defense as Minnesota has only one real 3-pt threat and Iowa runs and gets Sampson in foul trouble.
Remember their front line is no longer: 6-11, 6-10, 6-8...the normalized lineup doesn't get Iowa killed on the boards and allows White to run free.

My gut says we win this game (or maybe it's all the Good 'N Plenty I snacked on this afternoon.) I'll do a Price is Right adjustment: 63-59 Iowa. :)

No Mbakwe and Harfarber will help....

Hopefully our half court trap will take 10 seconds off the shot clock as it did against the Badgers. Forcing them to play half court could be a benefit.....

It has been a while since we have won there, I believe. Hate the raised court.....

Will be a tough one to win, but if we play with few turnovers and tenacious D, we can prevail.....

Hawks in a close one......

What is it with the Northern teams in the B1G, Badgers, Wolverines, and Gophers....

Anytime there are this many optimistic predictions when we are almost a double digit dawg it doesnt end well

Then a mini annoying meltdown for no reason to follow after the game

Anytime there are this many optimistic predictions when we are almost a double digit dawg it doesnt end well

Then a mini annoying meltdown for no reason to follow after the game

You've been here before haven't you?

I'll gladly say my prediction was wrong.. now lets make my other half of it right on Saturday! Go HAWKS!

I often wonder how much that stupid raised court they have influences visiting teams. Every time we go there the very thought of that court p$$ses me off, although I'm not sure if that is truly a distraction to players.

It didn't bother Jeff Moe.

Latest posts