Minnesota pedictions

I often wonder how much that stupid raised court they have influences visiting teams. Every time we go there the very thought of that court p$$ses me off, although I'm not sure if that is truly a distraction to players.

The gopher fans I've talked to aren't too optimistic about this game.

They have complained about their half-court offense and with Mbakwe(spelling?) injured they seem to think Iowa has the better shot of winning this one.

Since it is the Minnesota vs. Iowa game... I am a little bit nervous. They usually seem to play at a higher level against us.

I'm really excited about this game and I think we will win as long as we play solid defense and find our offensive identity early. It is key that we get our players going right from the start and get Basabe, Marble, and Cartwright to play confident throughout the entire duration.

Go Hawks!

I like Iowa's back court in this match up. I think Cartwright, Gatens, Marble and Oglesby will push Minnesota very hard. I think Iowa wins this game by a few points.

The game will be won at the guard position... If our guards/wings play good D, then Iowa wins...

Wisconsin was wide open at the arc the entire game. They just had a horrendous shooting night.
Gophers will not shoot that poorly. Since we haven't defended the 3 all season, not optimistic that it starts tonight.
Gophers 74 Hawks 61

Wisconsin was wide open at the arc the entire game. They just had a horrendous shooting night.
Gophers will not shoot that poorly. Since we haven't defended the 3 all season, not optimistic that it starts tonight.
Gophers 74 Hawks 61

Obviously, I agree that Wisconsin had a bad shooting night.

However, I think that one of the reasons that they shot so poorly was due to how we controlled the tempo of the game. Most of their open 3's came off of rebounds and time where we denied the initial take to the hoop and they were forced to kick it out and try to fire up a 3. I think we did a good job of making the game fast paced and I could be wrong, but I don't think Wisconsin is very good when the game is fast paced like that. Our defenders were running all over and pressuring them and they were forced to play fast, which I personally think contributed to their poor shooting.

That is just my opinion. It has been a few days since I saw the game so I could be wrong, but that is just what I remember happening.

They were definitely shooting abnormally bad, but I think Iowa deserves some credit for that.

Without Mbakwe, I like our chances. Plus, no Hoffarber (sp?) to kill us from behind the arc.

Minny had the Illini beat at Champaign and played Michigan very tough in Ann Arbor.
They are due for a bad shooting nite after two great efforts on the road.
Welch is the key...he can really shoot it from the arc. If he is hitting,Iowa loses double digits.
If not, then Iowa squeaks out a win 68-66. I will pray he is not hitting.

Rod Williams,and Sampson jr. are dangerous also. Hawks have to be 6+ points dogs in this one,right? Hawks have to shoot out of their minds to pull this one out...go Hawks!!

I see a Purdue-like game. We find ways to score and keep it close most of the game, but MN is in the driver's seat from mid first-half on as we struggle to get stops on D. MN gets some easy buckets toward the end of the game as we try to turn up the press and wins it going away.

Gophers by 12 - 15 pts.

I also thought we'd get beat by more than 15 in this one....could be wrong and hope that I am. Another win or competitive game could go along way this year.

Latest posts