Miller: Beathard's Go All In

Agree 100%. Either play Beathard or let him transfer. Iowa has nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing Beathard. Rudock has reached his full potential at Iowa. Heck, play (and I mean play) 2 quarterbacks if you can't pick one. Give Beathard more chances....the coaching staff has NO DOWNSIDE

It certainly appears CJ and his father went all-in. I think it's unfortunate as well, because as a player, especially as a player you simply just don't do this stuff to KF and get away with it. None the less maybe will all be surprised, but I doubt it.

Good stuff. It's been such a rough year watching Jake trot out there time and time again after the Purdue game. I really don't know why Kirk would change now honestly. In his mind, Jake has one year of eligibility left and is experienced. CJ can wait his turn for 2016. I will be shocked if CJ plays..but all of this will have my attention on the game.

Good stuff. I even think playing 2 QB's isn't going to settle the issue. KF did that this year at times, and nothing happen after CJ even proved he could move the offense. I'd hate to see him go, but if he can't play here don't waste your talent.

This wont end well for anyone. We have seen what happens when you get on kirks bad side. Kirk screwed this situation a long time ago.

Agree 100%. Kirk has shown he has no problem being stubborn to a fault, but there will be very real heat under his seat with the apathy developing among the fan base. Cj and his dad doing the interview will likely land him squarely on the sideline. Hope it's the contrary.

I think this means CJ knows he isn't starting in the bowl game or next year and this whole process of speaking to the media is his way of unofficially announcing to every program that needs a QB that he will be available next year.

Well, if it really is an open competition, I think the key is that it all needs to play out.

If CJ competes and ends up starting the bowl game, and does well, and is considered the returning starter next season, then CJ will stay and KF will be glad he stayed.

If Rudock starts, then CJ will transfer, since he wants to play more than anything else, but he will have to transfer to an FCS school.

If CJ starts, but has a bad game, then its more ambiguous.

Regardless, it sounds like KF has heard the complaints that all players on the team are not getting a fair shot to get playing time. I believe KF when he says every position is open. Lets just let it play out.

As posted in the other thread, without coming right out and saying it, the Beathards all but said it, "Stop jerking my around on playing time, like you've done all season, or I'm gone."

It was traitorous enough when CJ went rogue with his comments on Willies. This is basically striking the match to burn the bridge.

I agree with you and love the move, too, Jon. It doesn't matter how right us message board loonies are (and we are very, very right in our assessment of der KirkFer), we are easily dismissed. It's gonna take an insider with a microphone for the rest of this rube fan base to wake up to what a placating liar he's been on most personnel decisions over the last decade.

Well, if it really is an open competition, I think the key is that it all needs to play out.

If CJ competes and ends up starting the bowl game, and does well, and is considered the returning starter next season, then CJ will stay and KF will be glad he stayed.

If Rudock starts, then CJ will transfer, since he wants to play more than anything else, but he will have to transfer to an FCS school.

If CJ starts, but has a bad game, then its more ambiguous.

Regardless, it sounds like KF has heard the complaints that all players on the team are not getting a fair shot to get playing time. I believe KF when he says every position is open. Lets just let it play out.

Do you really believe this? It has been said so many times it's laughable. KF will do what KF wants; he has his mind made up already. He will not replace his boy for any reason except injury.

IMO, CJ will either be at Illinois State or at Iowa, next year.
Both, Illinois State and Iowa, have Juniors as their starting quarterback.

Illinois State is 13-1 in FCS and is playing North Dakota State in the championship on January 10th.
Remember, Kurt Beathard is in his first year as OC at Illinois State.

So, you have a high-powered offense, team in the FCS championship game, and an uncle, who is the Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach.

I'm leaning that CJ will be an Illinois State Redbird, next year, and this is all on Kirk.

Yay, more krik. Only 4. More. Years.

Blows my mind out of all the people on this planet... Jake ruddok is our best option at qb.... Billions of people to choose from for a bigten universtiy and JR is our guy, Holy ****

thanks krik

This wont end well for anyone. We have seen what happens when you get on kirks bad side. Kirk screwed this situation a long time ago.

I get what you mean but I think you're only 1/2 right -- it won't end well for us, as we will continue to be subjected to der KirkFer's square peg / round hole player / scheme strategy. Meanwhile, I'm already frustrated and angry over the prospect of hearing CJ's name and watching his highlights on the 4-letter.

Maybe it can end better for everyone. Tre Roberson announces going pro after winning FCS championship. CJ transfers to Illannoy St and immediately wins starting QB job. Won't have to hear or see that much of him because of lack of coverage of FCS (at least until he has team in the playoffs). He gets a chance to go head-head against Rudock / KirkFer / that G.d.G.D. on opening day, next season. CJ finally starts and plays significant time in Kinnick. Leads Redbirds to "upset", setting the tone for another disappointing Hawkeye season (face it, that's gonna happen, anyway) hastening the departure of derKirkFer.

Win-lose-win.:)

IMO, CJ will either be at Illinois State or at Iowa, next year.
Both, Illinois State and Iowa, have Juniors as their starting quarterback.

Illinois State is 13-1 in FCS and is playing North Dakota State in the championship on January 10th.
Remember, Kurt Beathard is in his first year as OC at Illinois State.

So, you have a high-powered offense, team in the FCS championship game, and an uncle, who is the Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach.

I'm leaning that CJ will be an Illinois State Redbird, next year, and this is all on Kirk.

I swear I had no clue you'd posted this when I posted mine.

If CJ does transfer to Illinois State and lights up Iowa?!
Little Jake didn't do that, while playing at EIU, but these are different times in Iowa football, where barely beating Ball State is the new bar.
It also wouldn't shock me to see us lose to an FCS school starting a disgruntled quarterback.

If CJ does transfer to Illinois State and lights up Iowa?!
Little Jake didn't do that, while playing at EIU, but these are different times in Iowa football, where barely beating Ball State is the new bar.
It also wouldn't shock me to see us lose to an FCS school starting a disgruntled quarterback.

He has as much of a chance of beating out Roberson at ill St as Barkley hill did beating out David Johnson at UNI.