Miller and Deace buried the Iowa program,

I think the coaching staff has buried the program. Or at least throwing dirt in the grave. We will see the same sorry offense..without any recognition that Fitz knows what we are going to run better than our own players. I hope I am wrong but I believe this will be yet another data point that Kirk hasn't recruited well enough and placing his trust in GD to turn the offense around was a huge error.

Looking kinda silly right now...

Who didn't see this game happening from about a BILLION miles away.. lol.

Probably the guy that said that players on the team are not playing hard to avoid getting hurt, that said players will all be transferring soon, and that we can expect Kirk to be fired at year's end (because another coach has been trying to convince the legions of likely transferees to stick around by convincing them that Kirk, likely the reason they decided to come to Iowa in the first place, will be gone). Not to mention all the other Iowa "fans" that believed that garbage probably didn't see this win coming either. And why would they, if they believe the program is in such disarray?

I think it says a lot about the state of the program when beating NORTHWESTERN! is cause for the jackboots to thump their chest.

Where are all the apologists jumping down Jon's throat??? C'mon, I want to hear some convoluted arguments for the program being mediocre like "Michigan sucks" (???) And "$4M isn't THAT much money". Gimme a break.

Convoluted argument? How about Iowa is, right now, tied for first in the Big Ten West? Ahhhh......the sky is falling.....ahhhh! Hahaha!

Our DEF player lights out.. Our offense showed life..

lets see it consistently before asking for Jon to recant an accurate assessment of the team.

There will be nothing to recant related to the offense and lack of any type of cohesion and direction Iowa (did not) showed in the first half. It was a disaster...which is a term used by several writers thus far this year. If they keep on with the change going forward this year, that will be pretty much your smoking gun on how discombobulated it was....but we'll all enjoy the results.

Let me remind you...I've not called for Kirk's head...just Greg's.

LOL please. Iowa pretty much pulled out the KF/KOK era playbook today.

I think there is a conspiracy brewing. While Jake averaged 12.6 yards/pass, CJB only averaged 3.8 yards/pass. I'm guessing the KF/KOK playbook was only used for Jake and CJB got the GD playbook. KF is clearly trying to sabotage CJB! Would be a great topic for your next article, Jon, if you're not going to man up on your previous promise.

This was a nice game to watch. Both sides played well.

It Was run dominant, play action and balls thrown to WR across the middle. We play like this and we don't have two losses.

But, it was ONE game. History has shown us that KF will have a game like this with his back against the wall and then he goes right back to his shell on offense.

I I am shocked at how BAD NW is this year. While our defense played well, their QB might have been the worst we've faced all year.

I i think this team can beat MN and IL, but we still look a lil soft against the run. WI and NE will be difficult and I still expect a loss against both

I think there is a conspiracy brewing. While Jake averaged 12.6 yards/pass, CJB only averaged 3.8 yards/pass. I'm guessing the KF/KOK playbook was only used for Jake and CJB got the GD playbook. KF is clearly trying to sabotage CJB! Would be a great topic for your next article, Jon, if you're not going to man up on your previous promise.

I think you're just trolling...or, you lack an understanding of the game...and a complete lack of comprehension of exactly what we have been criticizing. Either way, this road probably doesn't end well for you.

All complaints regarding the play calling and lack of execution were valid and accurate.

the "cracks in the foundation" stuff was a bit premature. I think this team showed that they're still fighting for their coach, regardless of how this season plays out from here.

FYI...I can't get the emoticons to work so I thought I'd point out that I'm joking in case it wasn't obvious. I will say that things got pretty crazy on here during the bye week. A guy that would bail on his team halfway through the season is not a guy we want on our roster. And Kirk isn't getting fired. And guys aren't playing half speed in order to avoid getting hurt. Somebody is stirring the pot. Today showed that it was a bunch of you know what. Sure, guys who aren't playing wish they were playing. But that doesn't mean anyone inside the program has given up.

FYI...I can't get the emoticons to work so I thought I'd point out that I'm joking in case it wasn't obvious. I will say that things got pretty crazy on here during the bye week. A guy that would bail on his team halfway through the season is not a guy we want on our roster. And Kirk isn't getting fired. And guys aren't playing half speed in order to avoid getting hurt. Somebody is stirring the pot. Today showed that it was a bunch of you know what. Sure, guys who aren't playing wish they were playing. But that doesn't mean anyone inside the program has given up.

Emoticons don't work for you but everything else does. That's rich. Keep that hall monitor badge polished.

I think you're just trolling...or, you lack an understanding of the game...and a complete lack of comprehension of exactly what we have been criticizing. Either way, this road probably doesn't end well for you.

I'm the one that is trolling? I didn't claim that the team is playing half speed to avoid injuries so they can transfer or that coaches are telling players that KF is gone at year's end.

You said that Iowa couldn't stretch the field. Today, Iowa came out and stretched the field. Sorry if you're the only one that can call it as you see it.

You said that Iowa couldn't stretch the field. Today, Iowa came out and stretched the field. Sorry if you're the only one that can call it as you see it.
Now you're just walking backwards and saying anything to keep the dogs at bay.

Miller has never said Iowa "couldn't stretch the field." He has said they don't stretch the field.

That happens to be a distinction with a difference.

Which Iowa offense shows up next week?

The vertical or the horizontal? If it's vertical 2 weeks in a row, then I may get a slight amount of faith back in this staff. Won't hold my breath though.

All complaints regarding the play calling and lack of execution were valid and accurate.

the "cracks in the foundation" stuff was a bit premature. I think this team showed that they're still fighting for their coach, regardless of how this season plays out from here.

IMO, the cracks were from being something that you're not, and not being what you have been and works well and has worked well. Not surprising that they went back to what has worked for the better part of 12 years and it worked.

Latest posts