Miller and Deace buried the Iowa program,

I'm the one that is trolling? I didn't claim that the team is playing half speed to avoid injuries so they can transfer or that coaches are telling players that KF is gone at year's end.

You said that Iowa couldn't stretch the field. Today, Iowa came out and stretched the field. Sorry if you're the only one that can call it as you see it.

I never said they couldn't stretch the field. I said they weren't stretching the field. Big difference. Try again, but choose wisely. Your clock is ticking

After a 48-7 win, Jon spends half his podcast ******** about the offense, and calls it a dumpster fire. If there is a troll in this thread, I know who it is.

After a 48-7 win, Jon spends half his podcast ******** about the offense, and calls it a dumpster fire. If there is a troll in this thread, I know who it is.

I felt it important for those who only half listen to understand where the critiques have stemmed from...and that is the fact that Iowa's offense through seven games had no direction or identity and certainly was a dumpster fire. However today, they did things they have done in their successful past, and they worked. Apparently you are listening to them all, so I am not certain how you missed the connection. But because I am fair, email me your address and I can send you a refund.

Jon and Steve spoke the truth and didn't say anything that was off base.. It really speaks to the intelligence of just a very small few who can't grasp things that are being said. Keep up the great work Jon.

Same stuff happened after the Indiana game and we all know what happened after that game. I really hope that we don't see the same result.

Jon and Steve spoke the truth and didn't say anything that was off base.. It really speaks to the intelligence of just a very small few who can't grasp things that are being said. Keep up the great work Jon.

Same stuff happened after the Indiana game and we all know what happened after that game. I really hope that we don't see the same result.

Did you listen to the podcast? Steve was the one talking Jon off the ledge, and even called Iowa putting a beatdown on Northwestern.

Jon made some very good points, and one game certainly doesn't prove those points wrong. Just when you right an article called "cracks in the foundation" and then the team goes out and wins by over 40 points, well I think it's safe to say that Jon anticipated some blowback for that. In fact, while I don't know Jon, I'd even wager that he'd be much happier to be proven wrong.

Did you listen to the podcast? Steve was the one talking Jon off the ledge, and even called Iowa putting a beatdown on Northwestern.

Jon made some very good points, and one game certainly doesn't prove those points wrong. Just when you right an article called "cracks in the foundation" and then the team goes out and wins by over 40 points, well I think it's safe to say that Jon anticipated some blowback for that. In fact, while I don't know Jon, I'd even wager that he'd be much happier to be proven wrong.

Of course I'd love to be proven wrong. I want Iowa to go 5-0. I want them to win every game. If they go 5-0 doing things the way they did today, it won't make what I was questioning obsolete or wrong, necessarily. It means they changed course...and got away from the Davis offensive stuff and went back to what has worked for Iowa, before it was too late.

Through seven games, this year's offense has probably been the worst of the KF era since 2000, other than the train wreck that was 2012...or in the hunt with the 2007 offense. Dochterman of The Gazette has referred to it as a disaster. I believe they feel as I do that the Davis thing isn't working and few expect Davis back last week.

My points have been based not just on the 7 previous games this year, but an entire season in 2012, too...today was awesome and a great step in the right direction, but for it to be anything other than a reprieve, they have to back it up and stay on this type of offense and not the Davis stuff we have been seeing.

So yeah, I stand my the cracks in the foundation column as it relates to the offense we had seen to date...the Ferentz foundation was built on things that Davis hasn't been doing...then today, Iowa goes back to what has worked for it for the majority of the Ferentz era. Go figure.

I never said they couldn't stretch the field. I said they weren't stretching the field. Big difference. Try again, but choose wisely. Your clock is ticking

You said that "Iowa doesn't stretch the field under Davis." Yet today, under Davis, Iowa stretched the field. Do you really think that Davis listened to your podcast and decided to change the playbook over the bye week? :)

Maybe the WRs are running better routes. Maybe NWs secondary isn't any good. Maybe Ruddock is feeling more confident or feeling more pressure to take some chances down field. But I assure you that the safety valve short routes were still there as options for Jake if he elected to take them. Just as the long and medium route options were there in past weeks when Jake was electing to throw short.

KFs teams typically play their best football in November and beyond. I expect this year to be no different. Although it took longer than we'd all like, the offense is finding its identity. We've seen flashes of it throughout the season and today, Iowa did it all game. Look for that to continue next week at Minnesota and beyond. Iowa is bowl eligible and in the thick of the race for first place in the B10 West.

The sky was falling over the bye week due to the tough loss to Maryland. But it happens, and this team rebounded nicely. Clearly, those stirring the pot regarding the mentality of the players were off base because this team has quite a bit of fight left. The coaches haven't lost the players, and just because a poster supports the team and coaches, doesn't make them a troll, even if you've lost confidence in one or more of the coaches.:) When Iowa rolls into the B10 championship game, I'll be on the lookout for that column from you. :)

There will be nothing to recant related to the offense and lack of any type of cohesion and direction Iowa (did not) showed in the first half. It was a disaster...which is a term used by several writers thus far this year. If they keep on with the change going forward this year, that will be pretty much your smoking gun on how discombobulated it was....but we'll all enjoy the results.

Let me remind you...I've not called for Kirk's head...just Greg's.

I don't think you have anything to recant at all, I was making reference to those acting like it's time for you (or anyone else) who spoke critically of the teams play.. To eat crow.

I haven't seen anyone say our talent is low, and that is part of the problem that people have.

Through seven games, this year's offense has probably been the worst of the KF era since 2000, other than the train wreck that was 2012...or in the hunt with the 2007 offense. Dochterman of The Gazette has referred to it as a disaster. I believe they feel as I do that the Davis thing isn't working and few expect Davis back last week.

This is the problem. You've spent too much time listening to the lunatic fringe echo chamber that is the internet message board.

Iowa won by 41 today, a game that ended two hours ago, but you spend more time complaining about past failures than tipping your hat on a day where pretty much everything went well.

This is the problem. You've spent too much time listening to the lunatic fringe echo chamber that is the internet message board.

Iowa won by 41 today, a game that ended two hours ago, but you spend more time complaining about past failures than tipping your hat on a day where pretty much everything went well.

There was plenty of praise...apparently you weren't listening to that part

You said that "Iowa doesn't stretch the field under Davis." Yet today, under Davis, Iowa stretched the field. Do you really think that Davis listened to your podcast and decided to change the playbook over the bye week? :)

Maybe the WRs are running better routes. Maybe NWs secondary isn't any good. Maybe Ruddock is feeling more confident or feeling more pressure to take some chances down field. But I assure you that the safety valve short routes were still there as options for Jake if he elected to take them. Just as the long and medium route options were there in past weeks when Jake was electing to throw short.

KFs teams typically play their best football in November and beyond. I expect this year to be no different. Although it took longer than we'd all like, the offense is finding its identity. We've seen flashes of it throughout the season and today, Iowa did it all game. Look for that to continue next week at Minnesota and beyond. Iowa is bowl eligible and in the thick of the race for first place in the B10 West.

The sky was falling over the bye week due to the tough loss to Maryland. But it happens, and this team rebounded nicely. Clearly, those stirring the pot regarding the mentality of the players were off base because this team has quite a bit of fight left. The coaches haven't lost the players, and just because a poster supports the team and coaches, doesn't make them a troll, even if you've lost confidence in one or more of the coaches.:) When Iowa rolls into the B10 championship game, I'll be on the lookout for that column from you. :)

I will wait to judge that. Guess some of you forgot the Indiana game, where after many flew to HN to say I told you so, not different that was is happening today. I sure hope I'm wrong, but as long as GD is still OC I'm not holding my breathe..

You called that a tough loss at Maryland?? I called that a complete embarassment..

Not a great deal on the offensive side, and its predicated by complaining. The Weisman thread, you complain. This thread, you complain.

48-7. Look on the bright side for once.

Not a great deal on the offensive side, and its predicated by complaining. The Weisman thread, you complain. This thread, you complain.

48-7. Look on the bright side for once.

Not enough for your liking, which is what this is.

I want them to win em all and today was great and a great step. But don't act like we should crown this offense just yet. I'd like to see them string two good games together.

They hear what they want to Jon. You've officially crossed over to the dark side and you are never allowed back. You must never speak negative words of the mighty great one..

Last edited:
A season isn't one game... its really not a complex idea.

Yet people will over react either way... We looked great against Indiana and then got smoked by a not so great Maryland team. Really the verdict on this season is yet to TBD...

I want to believe we can win them all at the end... but a team that loses a horrible IA state team. Going from what I've seen of the past YEARS and not just one or two games I'm not really expecting them to run the table.

Hopefully somehow they can find that Big Ten title game.

Not enough for your liking, which is what this is.

I want them to win em all and today was great and a great step. But don't act like we should crown this offense just yet. I'd like to see them string two good games together.

Or even a whole game. 10 pts in the second half...

I will add this...I feel much better about the direction of the team after today's win than the Indiana win...or more confident. The Indiana offense was pretty flukey...one off big plays, which have never been sustained at Iowa. Today's performance was more believable given the ingredients were familiar

This is spot on. He is a shock jock whose website is about 95% lunatic fringe KF haters. It's pathetic.

I don't follow basketball very closely, but this up and down, worldbeater to dog crap is what I gathered from Iowa's basketball team last year. I hope this is a solid change in direction.

Latest posts