Mike Woodson goes off bigtime on Fran in his post-game presser...cussing and everything

Judging by our execution on the final possession after TWO timeouts, and the last possession at Penn State, maybe it wouldn't have been a bad idea for Fran to get lost:)

To give Fran his due however, that was gutsy to have Sandfort and Dix out there over Ulis and Perkins at the crucial juncture of the game. Auditions are open for picking up Pat's minutes and both players made huge plays down the stretch.

Sandfort is back

Dix played solid minutes, the Huge Three and intense D

With both Dix and Peyton playing well this team will be difficult to stop

It looked like to me that Perkins hurt his arm at the very end and said he couldn't go. I think Fran wanted him on the floor. Otherwise Perkins only came out for like a couple minutes. The first 10 or 11 minutes of the second half is the longest I can ever recall Fran going without making a substitution. Those guys were gassed. Not sure why you'd think Sandfort over Ulis was gutsy. Things were really rough with Ulis in the first half, and I think after his wild drive and shot to end the half, Fran had seen enough for him on the night.

I'd stick with the 5 who started the second half and just ride them moving forward - see if they can all play 35-40 minutes. Maybe Sandfort is only 30. And then just sprinkle in a little Ulis, Dix and Bowen.

Perhaps a solid formula for success

I disagree with this. Fran is mostly acting. Did you see after he got the T and the ref told him to calm down and he said repeatedly "I'm fine." Guys like Fran get T ed up strategically. Yes, he wanted to get the Refs to start calling fouls the right way, but he was mostly trying to fire up his team that was lethargic at the beginning of that game. He was just as animated at timeouts. He was coaching.

Norman Dale asked to be tossed from a game ("you got pigeon shit in your eyes") so he could give Shooter the opportunity to bring home a big victory. Coaches sometimes engage a ref and ask for a T. Refs and coaches have an understanding that Ts are a part of coaching and it is usually not personal.

Bobby Knight was generally an angry person who literally lost control of his shit. He carried over his meanness to the press room, locker room and the practice floor it seems. Fran loses his shit, and 2 minutes later he can have a perfectly gentile conversation with the refs or a sideline reporter. And, Fran is a genuinely cogent and analytic person. His interactions with the press are always professional and well considered.

He looks ridiculous when he loses his shit, but most of it is playacting. Most.....
Yup
Anyone knowmwhat the attendance was? Lots of empty seats behind Indiana's basket.
Even though attendance was lower than we would like, those who were there really provided incredible volume and you could see the Indiana players starting to choke up. The crowd was smart. Knew just when to really cut loose. Crowd support when we were on the defensive end was phenomenal, as Fran would say. Indy could not handle the Iowa Zone and got pretty panicked and the crowd reaction really helped.

It was close to 11:00 pm when I boarded the Cambus to head back to Hancher. And, I was out of CHA and onto the bus really quickly. Weeknight. Late start. Student section nearly empty due to the winter break. Crowd would have gone up 2,000-3,000 with students there and they are really noisy!

Well dont forget John Chaney( threatening to kill Calipari. or John Thompson (3 Tees In one Game lol) or Bob Knight ..........To be honest, last nights win was all about Fran making the right decisions from the Tee to the zone.
The players showed some fire, and I am not getting tired of Fran standing up for his players or to the Horsecrap B10 officiating. (I like class as in KF, but you can still show class with fire in your belly, and thats the debate on Fran ..IMO)The key in refereeing is calling the obvious to keep the flow of the game open, when that disappears you can lose control of the game in the closed environment and that happened somewhat last night ....Mike is likely pissed he couldn't figure out the zone or stop bricking free throws.

That and his #15 ranked hoosiers blew a 21-point lead to a team that had zero win in the Big

Well, we definitely see Connor at times with some antics. It again happened last night, when he was down in the raucous at the other bench. He started to head down there jawing and coaches/teammates had to pull him back. The apple doesn't fall far.

He, in no way, should be getting involved or be saying anything.
If Fran and sons were coal miners on a Sat. night talk around the Pub would be don't get the MacCaffery boys riled up, their a crazy lot when their Irish is up.

Props to the officials for not calling the T and letting the game be decided on the floor. That being said, they would’ve been justified in calling it. I still can’t believe we found a way to win that game with the missed free throws and 2 turnovers by Conner late.

Props to the officials for not calling the T and letting the game be decided on the floor. That being said, they would’ve been justified in calling it. I still can’t believe we found a way to win that game with the missed free throws and 2 turnovers by Conner late.
They outshot us 54.2% to 47.7%, we had a slight but not prohibitive edge on the boards, and the turnovers were about even. Thompson got hurt, Hood-Schifino finally missed a couple threes, and we made five more free throws.

Yeah, most statistical analysis would indicate that we should have lost this game, but we've had some tough sledding in close games lately and one was due to turn in our favor. It sure looked like a repeat of Nebraska early, however.

Fran crossed half court. I honestly can't think of a time I've seen that.
Yeah for that alone I'm still surprised he wasn't Td up and done at that point. He's so so damn lucky in a 2 pt game at the time that didn't happen. To cost your team 4 points in a close game as a coach would be pretty inexcusable. That was avoidable as all get out in the sense that Fran wasn't even going at the ref for a bad call. He just wanted to be nosey with the other teams assistant coach who was talking to the ref.

Not worth getting a 2nd T over at that point in the game is all I know and I really hope Fran can acknowledge that. If you don't like that an assistant for the other team is talking to the ref that's something to complain about after the game... It's sure as hell not worth risking losing the game over to make a point.

You can't necessarily teach anxiety away. Certain things can trigger anxiety but it can come on regardless of the circumstances.
Respectfully speaking.... you can teach to control it. Will it go away entirely....not likely. Relaxation techniques. Recognizing symptoms when they first appear and dealing with it limits how deep it goes.

Frans way of handling stress on court is about the worst way of dealing with it as a model. I doubt what FM does is an act.

Stuffing what is going on is also very bad. Leads to a bigger manifestation. Forms of exposure therapy works for me. When the symptoms are bad, Exposing myself to the triggers methodically and working through to emotional body feelings and identifying issues along with proper respose methodically really works.

I avoid pharma as I want to feel it and deal with it. I do use melatonin and gaba as natural remedies effectively.

5 years ago I wasn't sure I'd survive. But I did thx to a retired friend therapist and a supportive wife...r n.

I'm guessing PM on some days feels like an idiot and wondering why he made a deal of it and several days later feels like he's in a war with a space alien monster.

Everyone has anxiety but most operate in the emotional middle. Anxiety disorders cause those to operate at low or high ends. Operating on the high end with no emotions causes stress to build and can quickly move to the bottom. Learning techniques helps to stay in the middle. As coach Fran would do better to avoid that high and low emotional end. As a parent....it's a tough job.

Anxiety disorders oft result in or result of physical brain changes which can be to some degree mitigated

I was nervous when Sandfort went to the line late, even though he shoots like 86% FT, but he came through. I told a fan sitting next to me that if he makes these FT's, this may be the thing that gets him out of his slump going forward. Don't be surprised if he settles down now and is more consistent.

Good job Peyton!
Good call. Peyton back

Respectfully speaking.... you can teach to control it. Will it go away entirely....not likely. Relaxation techniques. Recognizing symptoms when they first appear and dealing with it limits how deep it goes.

Frans way of handling stress on court is about the worst way of dealing with it as a model. I doubt what FM does is an act.

Stuffing what is going on is also very bad. Leads to a bigger manifestation. Forms of exposure therapy works for me. When the symptoms are bad, Exposing myself to the triggers methodically and working through to emotional body feelings and identifying issues along with proper respose methodically really works.

I avoid pharma as I want to feel it and deal with it. I do use melatonin and gaba as natural remedies effectively.

5 years ago I wasn't sure I'd survive. But I did thx to a retired friend therapist and a supportive wife...r n.

I'm guessing PM on some days feels like an idiot and wondering why he made a deal of it and several days later feels like he's in a war with a space alien monster.

Everyone has anxiety but most operate in the emotional middle. Anxiety disorders cause those to operate at low or high ends. Operating on the high end with no emotions causes stress to build and can quickly move to the bottom. Learning techniques helps to stay in the middle. As coach Fran would do better to avoid that high and low emotional end. As a parent....it's a tough job.

Anxiety disorders oft result in or result of physical brain changes which can be to some degree mitigated
I said you can't "necessarily" teach it away so we're really saying the same thing. Also, to follow on what I said earlier, if Fran's behavior was triggering in any way, Margaret would not allow him to sit on the bench at the games (not to mention his doctors). He even made the trip to NJ for the Rutgers game.