Mike Leach

Update. Sounds like he has a tough battle and the situation is pretty "dire".

Bro, if you have a massive heart attack and don't get medical treatment for 10-15 minutes there usually ain't a battle, just a decision as to when to pull the plug after the third or fourth "second opinion" confirms the guy is brain dead. Just awful.

If you're a middle aged or older man carrying some girth on your belly, please make a resolution on January 1 to drop some weight and get your diet right. We're all getting old and this board is not very good at attracting and retaining new posters.

Bro, if you have a massive heart attack and don't get medical treatment for 10-15 minutes there usually ain't a battle, just a decision as to when to pull the plug after the third or fourth "second opinion" confirms the guy is brain dead. Just awful.

If you're a middle aged or older man carrying some girth on your belly, please make a resolution on January 1 to drop some weight and get your diet right. We're all getting old and this board is not very good at attracting and retaining new posters.
I had a cousin in his early 50's who had a "widow maker". He went down his stairs and got to the first floor and went down at the bottom. He called for his daughter who was upstairs with her new child. He instantly turned purple and pretty much bled out to death in his chest within 10 min. Ambulance and paramedics weren't even fast enough. Only like 3% of people in that situation have a chance and those are prob the individuals who are in an institution with the medical care and equipment on site. They have a slim chance but if you are on the outskirts of town, no way. Unfortunate.

Sounds like they're pulling him off life support today if you believe the rumors. I'd never wish anyone ill will and I hope he pulls out and gets better. He's a trash human and all and I wish him no success beyond getting better, but I do hope he gets better.

Sounds like they're pulling him off life support today if you believe the rumors. I'd never wish anyone ill will and I hope he pulls out and gets better. He's a trash human and all and I wish him no success beyond getting better, but I do hope he gets better.

Maybe your darkest moments should be public. #glasshouse

This is a shame. He was very innovative, no matter what you think of him. It is a tough profession and it's probably fortunate this doesn't happen more often to head coaches.

Oooch, that almost made me get up to take offense, but that's a lot of work.

I had a cousin in his early 50's who had a "widow maker". He went down his stairs and got to the first floor and went down at the bottom. He called for his daughter who was upstairs with her new child. He instantly turned purple and pretty much bled out to death in his chest within 10 min. Ambulance and paramedics weren't even fast enough. Only like 3% of people in that situation have a chance and those are prob the individuals who are in an institution with the medical care and equipment on site. They have a slim chance but if you are on the outskirts of town, no way. Unfortunate.
Hopefully a wake up call for a former Hawkeye, who's a head coach to our East. Want him to make it past 60.

That goes double, and I'm not talking quarter pounder, for a certain former Iowa player and assistant in Champaign.

Oops! Previous poster beat me to it.

This is a shame. He was very innovative, no matter what you think of him. It is a tough profession and it's probably fortunate this doesn't happen more often to head coaches.
It happened to Ron Stoops in 1988 (patriarch of the coaching siblings and while on the sidelines coaching a high school game) and I to this day believe it was a factor in Bobby getting out of coaching at an early age.

It happened to Wisconsin's Dave McClain in 1986 and Northwestern's Randy Wallker in 2005. Also Iowa assistant John O'Hara in 1992

Just read he passed away late Monday night. RIP Mike. Might not be liked by all but definitely a unique coach who did things differently than most.

There are issues with the heart and then there are issues with the arteries. Both can end your life. I ended up with problems with the arteries and had to have a triple bypass. I'm lucky because my heart is healthy. This was after annual checkups and lipids tests not showing any cholesterol problems. At least I was exercising daily and had no morbidity problems prior to the surgery. Your advise to diet and lose weight is very valid. I'd suggest cut out smoking, and over indulgence in alcohol. I'd also advise never stop at Starbucks for those fat laced lattes.

There are issues with the heart and then there are issues with the arteries. Both can end your life. I ended up with problems with the arteries and had to have a triple bypass. I'm lucky because my heart is healthy. This was after annual checkups and lipids tests not showing any cholesterol problems. At least I was exercising daily and had no morbidity problems prior to the surgery. Your advise to diet and lose weight is very valid. I'd suggest cut out smoking, and over indulgence in alcohol. I'd also advise never stop at Starbucks for those fat laced lattes.

I cut my beers down to a max of 10 per month (broke it by 2 last month and 3 in October but will finish under 120 for the year) and I seriously feel 10 years younger.

Well, the inevitable rumor mill has started as to who will replace Leech. I'm guessing they will want a prolific offensive genius. Brian Ferentz has to be on their short list. I hope Barta gives him a big raise and extension.

Latest posts