Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you might be best served by visiting a "Pastoral Counselor." There, you could explore different issues that trouble you and you could tell him he is a fake and fraud at the same time. Win/Win.
I'd love to discuss it with someone in that position but after becoming flustered his or her response you be something about how they can't answer those questions because god and his plans are "unknowable."

And why the assumption that I'm troubled about it? Does every non-believer have to be some troubled sheep who strayed from the flock and needs a revkev to lead him back?

The "racist states" is presumably referring to the deep south but that also makes his comment completely untrue. The southern states are some of the worst run in the country. High poverty, poorly educated, poor health, etc.
The states are accused of being "racist" by the BLM Wokes.

Balanced budgets? Not sure. Idaho. South Dakota. Wisconsin. Wyoming. One could research it more deeply.

Some states focus on balancing a budget, some are even required to have a balanced budget. Other states that feed the public unions and free crappers are in deep debt, want other states to help them out. Their bonds are junk status...Illinois.

It isn't that complicated...

I'd love to discuss it with someone in that position but after becoming flustered his or her response you be something about how they can't answer those questions because god and his plans are "unknowable."

And why the assumption that I'm troubled about it? Does every non-believer have to be some troubled sheep who strayed from the flock and needs a revkev to lead him back?
Certified Pastoral Therapists wouldn't be intimidated by your questions or baiting. Give it a try. You might find you are more troubled than you realize!

Is Mike Gundy in jail? If he is, I must have missed it.

no, he isn't in jail. but he is in America and he is being told what he can and cannot say.

you know rob, you've offended me on this board. can i get you canceled because i don't like something you've written? do you have a list of those that do get to say what they want and those that cannot? if people don't see these things for what they are: suppressing first amendment rights in America, then you are choosing to give up your own right to free speech. the whole point of America is that we ALL get to speak our minds freely. ALL..including a coach that wants to wear a t-shirt that has OAN on it.

rob, please DM me and i'll give you my list of the things i don't want you to say. ok? i'm sure you don't want to offend me anymore.

I don't care what happens to Gundy but I saw you trying to justify the shooting of Rayshard Brooks.

You know, at this point, what good is it going to do to point out that the squeaky wheel is the one getting the oil? We now live in a society where an intoxicated black man resists arrest, steals a police officer's taser, runs away and fires the taser back at the face of the police officer, so the police officer shoots him dead, and now the police officer is facing felony murder charges. The liberal ambulance chasing media has fucked the police. They have fucked any white man in an authority and mentor role. And they have fucked white people as a whole.

You need some help.

what do you mean he tried to justify the shooting of rayshard brooks?

I've let people say what they want.

And Gundy's first amendment rights were not violated. He decided to stop wearing the shirt and apologize.

If he believed strongly in it being OK to wear the shirt, he should have spoke up and worn it. He wouldn't have been fired for wearing it. He may have been fired when some of his best players boycotted the team or transferred.

How do you think it would go over in the locker room if KF walked in wearing an OAN shirt or one with Trump on it?

no, he isn't in jail. but he is in America and he is being told what he can and cannot say.

you know rob, you've offended me on this board. can i get you canceled because i don't like something you've written? do you have a list of those that do get to say what they want and those that cannot? if people don't see these things for what they are: suppressing first amendment rights in America, then you are choosing to give up your own right to free speech. the whole point of America is that we ALL get to speak our minds freely. ALL..including a coach that wants to wear a t-shirt that has OAN on it.

rob, please DM me and i'll give you my list of the things i don't want you to say. ok? i'm sure you don't want to offend me anymore.

I'm pretty sure that in this moment in Hawkeye Nation everyone is saying exactly what they want to say. In case you have missed anything in the last day or so, but nothing's being filtered and everyone is speaking their mind freely.

I'm pretty sure that in this moment in Hawkeye Nation everyone is saying exactly what they want to say. In case you haven't missed anything in the last day or so, but nothing's being filtered and everyone is speaking their mind freely.

you missed the point, kicker, but highlighted mine. with his written words rob is showing that he agrees that first amendment rights should be suppressed. anyone that believes that is an idiot. my point was that i could find things that were offensive to me and tell him not to write them. and that, is the absurdity of it all.

You might find you are more troubled than you realize!
You seem to think I'm an angry or upset person. Not in the least. If I felt troubled I'd definitely seek someone out who's competent in handling mental heath stuff. Not somebody who thinks he can talk to a spirit with his mind. Yeesh.

you missed the point, kicker, but highlighted mine. with his written words rob is showing that he agrees that first amendment rights should be suppressed. anyone that believes that is an idiot. my point was that i could find things that were offensive to me and tell him not to write them. and that, is the absurdity of it all.

Fair enough. Honestly I didn't read to much into your topic, but wanted to openly admire the path that Hawkeye Nation is headed down. Nothing like a quiet off season. Pandemic, racial tension, can't wait to see what the 2nd half of 2020 has in store for us...I'd venture to say we're all fucked.

Fair enough. Honestly I didn't read to much into your topic, but wanted to openly admire the path that Hawkeye Nation is headed down. Nothing like a quiet off season. Pandemic, racial tension, can't wait to see what the 2nd half of 2020 has in store for us...I'd venture to say we're all fucked.

lol...yeah, it's been so boring. point taken. and the "we're all f*cked" part only happens if we allow it to happen.

i am waiting for rob's dm, though and response to my question.

The states are accused of being "racist" by the BLM Wokes.

Balanced budgets? Not sure. Idaho. South Dakota. Wisconsin. Wyoming. One could research it more deeply.

Some states focus on balancing a budget, some are even required to have a balanced budget. Other states that feed the public unions and free crappers are in deep debt, want other states to help them out. Their bonds are junk status...Illinois.

It isn't that complicated...
I'd argue that it's pretty hard to research what you hold as an opinion. I would even go a step further and say that the ONLY way to research it was to ask you.

I find it interesting that you bring up Illinois who pays in a lot more to the feds than they give back. I'm guessing if they didn't have to subsidize the poorly run republican states they would be a lot better off.

Man some of the schools really did a piss poor job of explaining to some of you folks what the 1st Amendment really is. I guess it's possible that you forgot what it means too.

I'd argue that it's pretty hard to research what you hold as an opinion. I would even go a step further and say that the ONLY way to research it was to ask you.

I find it interesting that you bring up Illinois who pays in a lot more to the feds than they give back. I'm guessing if they didn't have to subsidize the poorly run republican states they would be a lot better off.

Blue states can't meet their public-sector pension obligations . . . The reason you saw a few blue governors praise trump over the relief packages is because they need a subsidy to cover shortfalls . . .

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom is pleading for the federal government to bail out his state as projected budget shortfalls for the coming fiscal year due to coronavirus-related shutdowns are expected to impact public service workers like police and firefighters first.

But oddly, Newsom’s plea of poverty comes as he and the Democrat-led state legislature authorize tens of millions of dollars to be paid out to illegal aliens living in the state as part of a “coronavirus relief” plan."

If people don't see these things for what they are: suppressing first amendment rights in America, then you are choosing to give up your own right to free speech.
Did you pass high school social studies?

No one, and I mean no one, has violated Gundy's or anyone else's 1st Amendment rights. He's free to wear that shirt if he wants. He might have to deal with the consequences of his words, but welcome to America. It's always been that way.

Do you want to live in a country where you get told you can protest or speak out about someone's actions or words?? Because you're suggesting that Gundy's detractors should be silenced. Now who's getting their 1st Amendment rights violated?

The "nuclear" family ended decades ago for the black culture. Nearly 80% of black children are born out of wedlock, without a functioning father. There's your problem. It is an expensive problem for taxpayers, those who work. It is also a dangerous problem as the black on black murders demonstrate. These are the same comments of former Democratic Senator Moynihan, said many years ago, prior to being shunned by the new waves of One Way Think, BLM crowd. Now the BLM is a Woke Group of victims, blaming, excuses, needing free things. They want little to do with that "white way" that is, a father and mother faithful to each other for life and raising children with values.

"The black culture has problems that money can't fix." Senator Moynihan

Blacks need leaders who can help them figure out "a new, or shall we say, old way of living again." What they get are leaders who play the victim card and make excuses.

It really isn't that complicated...
Some black people do come along and try to help black people learn how to help themselves. The black community quickly shuns those people and calls them uncle Toms.

Blue states can't meet their public-sector pension obligations . . . The reason you saw a few blue governors praise trump over the relief packages is because they need a subsidy to cover shortfalls . . .

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom is pleading for the federal government to bail out his state as projected budget shortfalls for the coming fiscal year due to coronavirus-related shutdowns are expected to impact public service workers like police and firefighters first.

But oddly, Newsom’s plea of poverty comes as he and the Democrat-led state legislature authorize tens of millions of dollars to be paid out to illegal aliens living in the state as part of a “coronavirus relief” plan."
Great, neither can red. Tens of millions? How terrifying. Did any of that money go to illegal aliens employed by Trump?

And Gundy's first amendment rights were not violated. He decided to stop wearing the shirt and apologize.

If he believed strongly in it being OK to wear the shirt, he should have spoke up and worn it. He wouldn't have been fired for wearing it. He may have been fired when some of his best players boycotted the team or transferred.
Most of this is pure speculation. OSU is a state actor and if the brass there told him to stop wearing it, they probably did violate his First Amendment rights. Now sure, maybe no one in the AD's or President's office said anything to him, in which case there is no First Amendment violation, but neither you nor I are in a position to know what went down behind closed doors.

Gundy has like $10 million on the line. If he gets fired because the team sucks, it's without cause and he gets a huge buyout. If he gets fired for cause because he doesn't comply with an order from the brass running the University or AD or because they listen to the half of the Twitter mob and claim that the shirt puts Gundy into "public disrepute," the buyout is reduced dramatically.

Great, neither can red. Tens of millions? How terrifying. Did any of that money go to illegal aliens employed by Trump?

Also the blue govs are trying to keep their states shut down in a risky attempt to hurt orangeman . . . literally shooting themselves in the foot hoping someone else takes the blame . . . we'll find out in November how smart they are, but I think it backfires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts