Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping my edit would get into your reply.

Quips versus facts . . . there's a reason you're reduced to that.
Probably some random person I've never heard of and don't care to, I'm sure you'll tell us though

I'd challenge you to a duel of wits any day. Somebody bust out the iocaine powder.

You've already lost. The rational didn't expect you to notice.

Left = self-awareness issues

edit: and yes I also enjoy "the princess bride"

are you that naive to think gundy wasn't thinking about his contract and his security. gundy has millions of reasons to just apologize and move on. yes, in my opinion he lost his spine. drew brees did the same thing. apologize for self preservation. you can't really be that naive, friend. now, what happens, everyone goes to their corner. but gundy admitted he was wrong when he wasn't. now, coaches all over the country and going to be hypersensitive about saying anything that could be the least bit twisted. and what happens then? they shut up. they stop talking. and what is that called? suppressing free speech. you can't be that naive, can you?
Absolutely he was thinking about his contract. But he made the choice. He has a right to free speech and so do the people telling him they disagree with it. Anything you do, any choice you make, comes with the assumption of risk of public reaction and fallout.

What’s so hilarious about this is that if Gundy was wearing a CNN or Black Lives Matter shirt you’d be flip flopped so fast your head would spin. Total hypocrisy.

I can't take credit for this, but it is exactly how I feel.

PLEASE STOP telling other races & cultures what THEY should find offensive. Defending the use of Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima is not your hill to die on. YOU don't get to decide what's offensive to another race or culture.
PLEASE STOP finding a comment, or video, from 1 black person that shares your view and post it all proud like "see, black people don't care if I wave a flag around that's racist to it's core". When 99% of a culture feel 1 way, showing me what the 1% thinks has no bearing on how that race/culture feels as a whole.
PLEASE STOP saying, or trying to convince yourself or others, that you know what your talking about and you "can't be racist" because there's that 1 black guy at work you talk to. That does not make you an African American expert.
PLEASE STOP ignoring problems, or denying the obvious facts, because they don't affect you personally.
And if you STILL don't understand even a little bit why "All Lives Matter" is extremely inappropriate, then you're either racist or ignorant. And I know it sucks to admit that to yourself, but it is what it is.
We HAVE to do better. PLEASE STOP being silent and making excuses.

You've already lost. The rational didn't expect you to notice.

Left = self-awareness issues

edit: and yes I also enjoy "the princess bride"
people-are-shocked-by-how-big-ed-looked-in-the-80s.jpg

you kids at home take note . . . if you can't win a debate: make stuff up . . . appeal to emotion rather that reason . . . avoid facts . . . claim you're a big shot . . . use quotes from others as your own . . . and whatever you do, don't debate on the merits. Let everyone know the reason you don't believe in an intelligence greater than your own, is because in your mind there is none.

statues_in_paris_m15_DSC09781.jpg

Isn't the divorce rate 50% across the board? The definition of a "nuclear" family is not what it once was and white people don't have this on lock. Yes, there are issues within the black community that need to be fixed within the community, but your idea of "the white way is the right way" isn't the solution either.
I am not suggesting the term "white way.". The term is used by The Woke at times, as a put down to traditional ways.

I'd love to discuss it with someone in that position but after becoming flustered his or her response you be something about how they can't answer those questions because god and his plans are "unknowable."

And why the assumption that I'm troubled about it? Does every non-believer have to be some troubled sheep who strayed from the flock and needs a revkev to lead him back?
You are correct. Many heathen are secure in their dark unbelief and are not troubled by it.

incorrect

I teach at a school with a lot of African American Students - a lot of them wouldn't even know what "uncle Tom" means. I've never seen any black kids making fun or other black kids because they were acting white.

Some of you get your race stereo types from 1982 because its probably the last time you were actually around a black person.

You are correct. Many heathen are secure in their dark unbelief and are not troubled by it.
You got it all right except the dark part. Being confident that you don’t believe in bullshit is the most enlightening thing you can experience.

I’m sensing frustration and some bitterness on your part that I’m happy and guilt-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts