Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take credit for this, but it is exactly how I feel.

PLEASE STOP telling other races & cultures what THEY should find offensive. Defending the use of Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima is not your hill to die on. YOU don't get to decide what's offensive to another race or culture.
PLEASE STOP finding a comment, or video, from 1 black person that shares your view and post it all proud like "see, black people don't care if I wave a flag around that's racist to it's core". When 99% of a culture feel 1 way, showing me what the 1% thinks has no bearing on how that race/culture feels as a whole.
PLEASE STOP saying, or trying to convince yourself or others, that you know what your talking about and you "can't be racist" because there's that 1 black guy at work you talk to. That does not make you an African American expert.
PLEASE STOP ignoring problems, or denying the obvious facts, because they don't affect you personally.
And if you STILL don't understand even a little bit why "All Lives Matter" is extremely inappropriate, then you're either racist or ignorant. And I know it sucks to admit that to yourself, but it is what it is.
We HAVE to do better. PLEASE STOP being silent and making excuses.
That person is trying really hard to tell everyone else how to think and feel while telling them not to tell others how to think and feel.

incorrect

I teach at a school with a lot of African American Students - a lot of them wouldn't even know what "uncle Tom" means. I've never seen any black kids making fun or other black kids because they were acting white.

Some of you get your race stereo types from 1982 because its probably the last time you were actually around a black person.
I learned it by watching recent videos trying to educate myself.

Keep in mind, anyone who has the audacity to vote for Trump is a "Deplorable" (the Honorable Hillary Clinton).
And all who voted for Trump are "Pieces of Shit" (Rob Howe)
Neither seem to realize that when you have the choice of voting for two "pieces of shit", you have to make a choice on which one is the least smelly.. I think life is sacred at all stages and for that reason alone, I will always vote Republican.
Let the barrage of criticism and scorn begin. Adios
I can say with fairly high confidence that Rob does not think that I am a piece of shit.

Well maybe a little bit of a piece of shit. I once invited @Fryowa to Rob's house on Fry's behalf when he was having issues with his favorite hotel.

Rob responded with threats of copious chores at the Howe household. Rob, with the big bucks he makes, probably had about four acres of leaves to rake.:)

I don't care what happens to Gundy but I saw you trying to justify the shooting of Rayshard Brooks.

You know, at this point, what good is it going to do to point out that the squeaky wheel is the one getting the oil? We now live in a society where an intoxicated black man resists arrest, steals a police officer's taser, runs away and fires the taser back at the face of the police officer, so the police officer shoots him dead, and now the police officer is facing felony murder charges. The liberal ambulance chasing media has fucked the police. They have fucked any white man in an authority and mentor role. And they have fucked white people as a whole.

You need some help.

Rob, what you would do if your life or partner’s life was threatened with a deadly weapon?

You got it all right except the dark part. Being confident that you don’t believe in bullshit is the most enlightening thing you can experience.

I’m sensing frustration and some bitterness on your part that I’m happy and guilt-free.
Ted Bundy was confident and at peace with the path he took. He also, most often, lived guilt-free.

incorrect

I teach at a school with a lot of African American Students - a lot of them wouldn't even know what "uncle Tom" means. I've never seen any black kids making fun or other black kids because they were acting white.

Some of you get your race stereo types from 1982 because its probably the last time you were actually around a black person.
You work around some black kids and declare the "uncle Tom" view is dead. Wow. Well done.

You work around some black kids and declare the "uncle Tom" view is dead. Wow. Well done.

Never said it was "dead" just said I'm not sure I've head it ever uttered by a black person in 20 years.

I'm no expert but some of these good ol rural boys thinking they know how black people talk to each other is amusing.

Be a decent human.
I agree. Treat others like you want to be treated. Don't tell someone to care about how you feel while telling others you don't care about how they feel. Like you said, just be a decent human. Stop trying to start race wars and divide the country. Be a decent human.

Never said it was "dead" just said I'm not sure I've head it ever uttered by a black person in 20 years.

I'm no expert but some of these good ol rural boys thinking they know how black people talk to each other is amusing.
Wait, are you saying all black people talk to each other the same? That's a racist comment. People really need to keep lumping all black people together like they have one brain.

My senior officer in the Army for many years was a black pastor in Milwaukee. He was a great leader and worked with youth teaching and mentoring. He often said that his biggest challenge was to overcome the "hatred of learning" and the hatred of "those who try to teach other blacks." He wasn't an ol rural boy. I lived in Milwaukee also for several years. Much of it is very dangerous and without hope (or high school degrees) This is not caused by police officers or white people. I also lived in St. Louis for many years. Milwaukee, St. Louis and the Army have given me a great deal of exposure to African Americans. I admired most of them, and have had no bad experiences with any of them.

(Other than the two blacks in Milwaukee who tried to cut our screens on a hot summer night, one on the front porch, the other in the rear kitchen. The one on the front porch was half in the living room. I did not have time to access my pistol in the dresser so I banged on the window and frightened both of them. I now have 3-4 Glock, 10MMs close at hand in the house and in the vehicles. I will be more prepared if it happens again, which I am hoping it won't. I don't have a desire to shoot anyone, but I would if I had to. And I love Glocks and can shoot them well. Every law abiding American should own 3-4 of them. The world would be safer. Less police officers would be in danger.)

Wait, are you saying all black people talk to each other the same? That's a racist comment. People really need to keep lumping all black people together like they have one brain.
Be merciful, I think he said he was in education. Probably the public teacher's union too.

Iol… so I said I haven't heard the term "uncle tom" really used in 20 years from any black people I've been around.

And you come up with "I'm saying all black people talk the same"

This coming from a guy (you) who claims that he knows black people are giving people shit for acting white. So basically being a hypocrite.

Also baffled you just used the term "racist" because you have basically claimed it doesn't exist...another hypocritical move.

Status
Not open for further replies.