Midlands Updates?

reversal marion 4-3
escape lou 4-4
takedown lou 6-4

7-4 lou with riding time

heck of a match for marion look for good things in future from him

#4 slaton over hoffman

18-5

went tough the whole match and almost had him pinned with :15 left but couldn't get him pinned

I agree the Marion lose stings he needs to be able to beat these types of kids if he is going to wrestle at Iowa. I look for Slaton to win this bracket and be our 141 the rest of the year.

Slaton on top in March as well. JMO

Marion can still bounce back on the backside and bring home 3rd but it will be a tough road for him. The seed he got did him no favors!!! I honestly think he can beat him on the back side. Look for Slaton/LeClere final.

Most people on this board know my feelings on Joe Slaton. I certainly hope that he has taken care of his academic responsibilities, because I want to see him on the mat. Winning the Midlands could hopefully jump start him to good things.

I think everyone wants Slaton to be the wrestler and the person that is expected at Iowa. Brands has stuck with him and given him the chance. Lets go Hawks.

Mueller winning 6-1 and St. John getting beat 4-0 and giving up riding time. 157 is still up in the air. Hopefully Janssen can pick it up on the backside.

I agree the Marion lose stings he needs to be able to beat these types of kids if he is going to wrestle at Iowa. I look for Slaton to win this bracket and be our 141 the rest of the year.

Slaton on top in March as well. JMO

Not saying Slaton isn't going to be the guy but a early season loss to someone like Rug. isn't that bad of a thing. Lou's a tough experienced guy. Come March I would expect a different result (and thought there'd be a different one today) but it isn't a terrible loss.

Latest posts