Michigan game cancelled

That's understandable, they probably don't like having just 3 days to prepare for an opponent.

I can't understand it. They'd have just as much time to prep for their opponent as their opponent would have time to prep for them. The prep times for the two programs is a wash. The only legitimate argument would be for the visiting team to make travel plans, but other programs have shown it can be done.

I get that is what coaches prefer, but from a fan's standpoint, I think it would be interesting as Hell to watch 2 teams with no prep just show up and try to figure it out. It is not like there is a safety risk, just a risk of some blown assignments and potentially some chaotic football. I bet the players would have no major issues with it, but the coaches would freak out due to lack of control.

In general, in all sports, I think things are more interesting when coaches have less control and players get to make things up as they go along.

Agree 100% and honestly in a season like this one that's basically irrelevant...who cares. Its an exhibition season, why not have an exhibition game thrown in to it.

Michigan doesn't have Covid issues they have heart issues...as in they don't have any. On the bright side it gives their players additional time to enter the transfer portal and additional time for Ol' Jimmy to clean out his office so from a Michigan perspective the weekend isn't a total loss.

I can't understand it. They'd have just as much time to prep for their opponent as their opponent would have time to prep for them. The prep times for the two programs is a wash. The only legitimate argument would be for the visiting team to make travel plans, but other programs have shown it can be done.
As a fan you don't have to understand it. But my response was on the coaches reaction to it.

From our perspective I'm with you. There is an available football field, media will cover it, go out and play football.

As a fan you don't have to understand it. But my response was on the coaches reaction to it.

From our perspective I'm with you. There is an available football field, media will cover it, go out and play football.

No I totally get where you were coming from. I think its a control thing...They want this, this, and this...god forbid we throw a variable into the mix that affects both teams equally.

I think what could be my favorite part of the Michigan story is the fact they've even came out and said they will not be participating in a bowl game due to the virus. It's so unfortunate that 2-4I Michigan team has opted out of a bowl game, due to covid concerns. I'm glad they set the record straight and it had nothing to do with having a two win program with zero heart that has simply sucked ass this season. I hope those bowl committees that were waiting for the ink to dry on those contracts can settle for an equally deserving team.

I stumbled on this that was originally posted by an OSU fan on a Michigan forum. It's lengthy but good for a laugh and seems spot on to me. Sports talk Radio absolutely blasting Michigan. Pure entertainment.

I stumbled on this that was originally posted by an OSU fan on a Michigan forum. It's lengthy but good for a laugh and seems spot on to me. Sports talk Radio absolutely blasting Michigan. Pure entertainment.

My only rebuttal to that is the Iowa game happens AFTER signing day. So canceling this game had zero impact on this recruiting class.

But, yeah, pure entertainment.

My only rebuttal to that is the Iowa game happens AFTER signing day. So canceling this game had zero impact on this recruiting class.

But, yeah, pure entertainment.
Valid point, but absolutely brutal. One of my favorite parts was the comment about the politeness of the program to cancel the last 2 weeks on a Tuesday rather than Thursday out as a curtesy to their opponents lol. The amount of respect they Iowa was given was great to listen to as well.

Valid point, but absolutely brutal. One of my favorite parts was the comment about the politeness of the program to cancel the last 2 weeks on a Tuesday rather than Thursday out as a curtesy to their opponents lol. The amount of respect they Iowa was given was great to listen to as well.
"the hottest team in the Big Ten this side of Ohio State"

I LOVED it!

What happens when coaches have too much control:

Pursuant to ongoing discussion, this is comparing apples to orangutans, but this is really the extreme example of how coaches sometimes care more about control and their record than the player or fan experience.

One of my college teammates played a basketball game that they won 10-9 in overtime. The opposing team did pretty much this and heaved up a shot at the end of each quarter.

Michigan says they've had 50 members of the program test positive. Clearly shows they've lost all semblance of control within the program....no one there gives a hoot.

Michigan says they've had 50 members of the program test positive. Clearly shows they've lost all semblance of control within the program....no one there gives a hoot.
The issue is that they can say whatever they want and with privacy laws there’s no way anyone can prove or disprove any of it. They could say there’s 100 cases of covid and we’d have to believe it.

I’m 100% convinced Harbaugh is ducking this game and ducked OSU.

I am not sure on this, but I thought that was 50 UNAVAILABLE. So that could be a dozen positive, and then 40 unavailable due to contact-tracing.

Latest posts