Michigan game cancelled

Covid three weeks in a row = Players that don't care and don't want to play.

Covid three weeks in a row = Coaches that don't care and don't want to play.

Covid three weeks in a row = Administration that doesn't care and don't want to be embarrassed any longer.

It's one of the three. You should be able to field a team...because in reality...they have been dealing with the issues for four weeks...not three. When you've been getting bitch slapped by good teams...pretty easy to say, I'm going to a party that my girlfriend's friend knows about over in Covidville, MI. You know, the place where not wearing a mask is a political statement...or an IQ deficiency...depending on how you view it.

Kirk does not want another Big Ten opponent because they put in all the preparation into the Michigan game. To short of notice for another Big Ten opponent basically.

Predictable.. Now what? KF says he doesn't want to try scheduling anyone so it's twiddle thumbs till the bowl game we get slotted for cancels?

Are there any other teams in America that had three straight games postponed due to Covid?

Just curious.
Baylor and Wisconsin had like 3 in 5 week spans. I think those are the closest. Nobody had 3 in a row iirc.

Predictable.. Now what? KF says he doesn't want to try scheduling anyone so it's twiddle thumbs till the bowl game we get slotted for cancels?
That's funny. Which B1G team should we grab who isn't on COVID protocol or already scheduled? Throw on top a day or two to prepare at best if something even opened tomorrow? Good grief.

Last edited:
I watched on his press conference on the other site. It was on a live link....https://youtu.be/05Uum4NzomQ
There was another notable announcement made during that press conference. I guess Ivory Kelly-Martin sustained a season-ending injury (exact injury not specified) last Tuesday during practice which will require surgery. This may have been announced elsewhere, but this was the first I heard of it.

It's already Tuesday, I'd guess just gathering and editing film is a couple days by itself, and then getting the scout team up to speed on Michigan, game planning itself, etc.

I've read from a few P5 coaches how they say 7 days is basically bare minimum to prep for a conference game which is why they don't like the Friday ones.

I heard somewhere that Georgia was trying to schedule someone. Heard it might be ColSt. This would be an amazing game!

It's already Tuesday, I'd guess just gathering and editing film is a couple days by itself, and then getting the scout team up to speed on Michigan, game planning itself, etc.

I've read from a few P5 coaches how they say 7 days is basically bare minimum to prep for a conference game which is why they don't like the Friday ones.

I get that is what coaches prefer, but from a fan's standpoint, I think it would be interesting as Hell to watch 2 teams with no prep just show up and try to figure it out. It is not like there is a safety risk, just a risk of some blown assignments and potentially some chaotic football. I bet the players would have no major issues with it, but the coaches would freak out due to lack of control.

In general, in all sports, I think things are more interesting when coaches have less control and players get to make things up as they go along.

does Indy really have Covid issues? thot is was more Purdont. Maybe dangle it to them? See if they bite?
Yes "Both games were lost to ongoing COVID-19 concerns within both programs, which paused football activity last week and have not resumed normal schedules to this point. "

I get that is what coaches prefer, but from a fan's standpoint, I think it would be interesting as Hell to watch 2 teams with no prep just show up and try to figure it out. It is not like there is a safety risk, just a risk of some blown assignments and potentially some chaotic football. I bet the players would have no major issues with it, but the coaches would freak out due to lack of control.

In general, in all sports, I think things are more interesting when coaches have less control and players get to make things up as they go along.
Go watch the NBA then, you'll get it nightly

Latest posts