Michigan game cancelled

I get that is what coaches prefer, but from a fan's standpoint, I think it would be interesting as Hell to watch 2 teams with no prep just show up and try to figure it out. It is not like there is a safety risk, just a risk of some blown assignments and potentially some chaotic football. I bet the players would have no major issues with it, but the coaches would freak out due to lack of control.

In general, in all sports, I think things are more interesting when coaches have less control and players get to make things up as they go along.

Coastal Carolina and BYU played on 3 days notice. That is what teams seeking to be champions do. Coastal has only been FBS level for a few years.

I hate NBA and haven't followed it closely since the late nineties, tried to watch a few games lately and it's just Harlem Globetrotters.

Walk up the court, dunk, walk back down the court, shoot a half court three...

It's just so much more boring and lazy than the college game.
And most seasons seem to take a year and a half from start to finish. Just Like NHL or NASCAR.

This blows. Iowa/Gonzaga.....ISU/Oklahoma both play at 11. Not sure how long NW can keep the Big Ten title game competitive. Alabama is going to destroy Florida. What looked to be an awesome day of sports watching turns into a day where I tap out about 2:00.

Yes "Both games were lost to ongoing COVID-19 concerns within both programs, which paused football activity last week and have not resumed normal schedules to this point. "

Go watch the NBA then, you'll get it nightly

Probably why I prefer NBA to college BB.

This blows. Iowa/Gonzaga.....ISU/Oklahoma both play at 11. Not sure how long NW can keep the Big Ten title game competitive. Alabama is going to destroy Florida. What looked to be an awesome day of sports watching turns into a day where I tap out about 2:00.
My neighborhood will be going berserk with Clemson parties. The Clemson-ND game will now be the highlighted football game of the day. I'm just scared that if ND wins and by some miracle IS-Moo beats OU that IS-Moo will have an outside chance at getting in and I'll fucking die if that happens. I think A&M still gets the nod over them, though.

I want the Chiefs
Can't do it. The University has a non-binding resolution that prohibits us from playing non-con games against teams with native American names other than when assigned as post-season play. We would beat them, though.

So let me understand this. A college team typically suits up 70-80 players for a game and Mich. can't find 22 kids who don't have the China virus?

It's already Tuesday, I'd guess just gathering and editing film is a couple days by itself, and then getting the scout team up to speed on Michigan, game planning itself, etc.

I've read from a few P5 coaches how they say 7 days is basically bare minimum to prep for a conference game which is why they don't like the Friday ones.
As bad as Mich is this year, WE DONT REALLY NEED ANY PREP TIME, LOL!

There should be an overhaul of the Big Ten administration. They have botched this whole season from the onset. The scheduling of Iowa and Michigan was just the latest gaff.

There should be an overhaul of the Big Ten administration. They have botched this whole season from the onset. The scheduling of Iowa and Michigan was just the latest gaff.
The Keystone Cops are free.

Coastal Carolina and BYU played on 3 days notice. That is what teams seeking to be champions do. Coastal has only been FBS level for a few years.
Pretty sure that's the school that produced the great D'Isiah T. Billings-Clyde a few years back, no?

I get that is what coaches prefer, but from a fan's standpoint, I think it would be interesting as Hell to watch 2 teams with no prep just show up and try to figure it out. It is not like there is a safety risk, just a risk of some blown assignments and potentially some chaotic football. I bet the players would have no major issues with it, but the coaches would freak out due to lack of control.

In general, in all sports, I think things are more interesting when coaches have less control and players get to make things up as they go along.

What happens when coaches have too much control:

Pursuant to ongoing discussion, this is comparing apples to orangutans, but this is really the extreme example of how coaches sometimes care more about control and their record than the player or fan experience.

Latest posts