Michael Malloy Arrested

Interesting. Isn't really clear what happened. How does he get charged for possession of drug paraphernalia but no drugs, wonder what the paraphernalia was.

Sounds familiar to Adam Robinson's run-in with the law before coming to Iowa. Different circumstances of course but these things tend to foreshadow future events. I can't see Kirk standing by this kid after our negative past. Malloy probably lost his scholarship if in fact he's guilty.

Interesting. Isn't really clear what happened. How does he get charged for possession of drug paraphernalia but no drugs, wonder what the paraphernalia was.

He probably just had a pipe, but no drugs in it. What is weirder they issued a warrant and he turned himself in ten days later. With the obstruction charge, I'm guessing he ran and got away(probably hard to catch a running back) then they eventually figured out who he was and issued the warrant.

Let this play out...sure it happened in South Sioux is my guess. Charges could eventually be dropped...anybody else ever have a pipe or anything like that in your car when you were younger???? Just saying....

He probably just had a pipe, but no drugs in it. What is weirder they issued a warrant and he turned himself in ten days later. With the obstruction charge, I'm guessing he ran and got away(probably hard to catch a running back) then they eventually figured out who he was and issued the warrant.

They'll usually get you for possession of marijuana if it's been used. especially if they're tacking on these other charges.

Let this play out...sure it happened in South Sioux is my guess. Charges could eventually be dropped...anybody else ever have a pipe or anything like that in your car when you were younger???? Just saying....

Good idea, Urban...er, Tress...um...never mind.

Does it matter where it happened? And does "could" eventually be dropped mean U of I needs to keep scholly open? No way.

Pull it and let him be someone else's problem.

Like others have said, this usually isn't a one time deal. Just think about Robinson and Cody Larson. Trouble in high school and then at Florida. Drugs are not minor infractions when it comes to the law, no matter how insignificant some posters think drugs are on here. It's a bad rep for the university and I don't think this kid should have a scholly for next year.

Like others have said, this usually isn't a one time deal. Just think about Robinson and Cody Larson. Trouble in high school and then at Florida. Drugs are not minor infractions when it comes to the law, no matter how insignificant some posters think drugs are on here. It's a bad rep for the university and I don't think this kid should have a scholly for next year.

This. Not sure the scholly should be pulled, but its not a good sign to be getting busted this early. Kid could clean it up, but you never know.

In America, you used to be innocent until proven guilty. You got a trial and all. Not true on the message boards. Maybe we are guilty of having too many morons on the message boards.

In America, you used to be innocent until proven guilty. You got a trial and all. Not true on the message boards. Maybe we are guilty of having too many morons on the message boards.

That's never been the case in the court of public opinion.

Latest posts