Michael Malloy Arrested

What is it with Heelan kids? Iowa hasn't had much luck lately with kids from Heelan. Cougill flunks out, Wegher abruptly leaves & now the situation with Malloy.

Hell, McCabe probably won't show up for classes in a few days (just kidding).

What is it with Heelan kids? Iowa hasn't had much luck lately with kids from Heelan. Cougill flunks out, Wegher abruptly leaves & now the situation with Malloy.

You can't forget what Pat Grace did to us on September 5, 2009.

Sounds familiar to Adam Robinson's run-in with the law before coming to Iowa. Different circumstances of course but these things tend to foreshadow future events. I can't see Kirk standing by this kid after our negative past. Malloy probably lost his scholarship if in fact he's guilty.

Or the kid could get his **** together and turn out alright. We all did stupid **** like this when we his age, and just like him, some of us got caught.

I'd be willing to bet that Kirk doesn't pull the scholly.

Or the kid could get his **** together and turn out alright. We all did stupid **** like this when we his age, and just like him, some of us got caught.

Sure most us did dumb stuff at his age, but if you take a kid that's already screwing up like this, and a borderline Iowa offer at that, you're taking a real gamble. I trust KF's judgement on it, but I'd pull his offer.

Really? Because I did some stupid stuff but none of it ever resulted in an arrest warrant being issued, or even breaking laws like this...

Keeler just goes on Murph N Andy at least we know he's got some solid break away speed ROFL, hiliarious
And he jumped a privacy fence. Those babies are at a minimum 6' high. With this type of athletic ability, we have to keep him on a skolly. BTW...If he was on a moped, this would never have happpened. :rolleyes:

And he jumped a privacy fence. Those babies are at a minimum 6' high. With this type of athletic ability, we have to keep him on a skolly. BTW...If he was on a moped, this would never have happpened. :rolleyes:

Too bad we couldn't get a 40 time prior to jumping the fence. We might be dealing with SEC speed.

On the serious side, I strongly believe that although people make mistakes and do stupid things, I'd revoke the scholly offer. Not saying he's a bad kid or guilty of anything, but this was how long after he committed to the Hawkeyes? IMO this doesn't seem like a "one time or first offense" mistake someone makes almost immediately after making one of the biggest decisions of their life.

Sure most us did dumb stuff at his age, but if you take a kid that's already screwing up like this, and a borderline Iowa offer at that, you're taking a real gamble. I trust KF's judgement on it, but I'd pull his offer.

I'd be willing to be that Kirk doesn't pull the offer. A scholarship is still a scholarship; even if it is a "borderline" offer, it's not like his would be worth any less than anyone else's.

Shada I want to agree with you but considering the issues we have had I doubt Kirk will want to take the risk.

Sorry but with all of the negative PR the U of I football program has endured I say we need to pull the plug on his schollie. Not a good sign. The fact he was in trouble with the law AT ALL is reason enough to say "sorry, we are moving on."

This needs to be a case of tough love. Sorry kid, you blew it.

While I agree we all may have done things that might not be considered "good for the community," I still say this is a bad sign. Yes, he is a kid. That being said, he is still old enough to know right from wrong. AND ... this kid has to be well aware of the negative light and publicity shining down on the U of I the past year or so. So having a run-in with the law already should be a good sign of what yet may be to come if he does join the program. I guarantee you if I was a stud athlete and had the chance to become a member of the Iowa football team, I would curtail my stupid antics and make sure I did not screw up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

What is it with Heelan kids? Iowa hasn't had much luck lately with kids from Heelan. Cougill flunks out, Wegher abruptly leaves after breeding and impregnating half of the female enrollment at IU & now the situation with Malloy.

What is it with Heelan kids? Iowa hasn't had much luck lately with kids from Heelan. Cougill flunks out, Wegher abruptly leaves after breeding and impregnating half of the female enrollment at IU & now the situation with Malloy.

There, fixed it for ya, lol. And Yes I am a Hawks fan, just not a Wegher fan

This is a risk reward situation, if they keep him they better view him as having a really high upside. I haven't seen him play so I don't know if he has it.

Dan McCarney used to take a lot of chance with guys by putting them on 'contract' for one year. It'd stipulate participation at workouts, attending classes, run-ins with the law, etc for their first year on campus, which wasn't on scholarship. If they met the conditions of the contract they'd still have four years of eligibility on scholarship. Seems like Malloy would be a prime canidate for that type of situation.

Latest posts