Michael Jordan

He actually did. His name was Lebron. ;)

You're being facetious but that's a pretty apt comparison. Lebron is version 2.0 with slightly better passing skills and better overall offensive game but pretty similar defensively except James can guard the 5 if needed.

That certainly doesn't help your argument that Pippen wouldn't have been a great player without Jordan.

You're being facetious but that's a pretty apt comparison. Lebron is version 2.0 with slightly better passing skills and better overall offensive game but pretty similar defensively except James can guard the 5 if needed.

That certainly doesn't help your argument that Pippen wouldn't have been a great player without Jordan.

If you can't tell I am just arguing to argue. Lebron isn't yet in the same ballpark as Jordan. Most agree. The rest is just for fun.

I agree though. lebron is a bigger, stronger, faster Pippen and deserves to be in the top 50 with him.

If you can't tell I am just arguing to argue. Lebron isn't yet in the same ballpark as Jordan. Most agree. The rest is just for fun.

I agree though. lebron is a bigger, stronger, faster Pippen and deserves to be in the top 50 with him.

I hate you:mad:

just kidding boat, but now I know why Thunder and Vint are always flying off the handle. They get in trouble but you've got blood on your hands my friend.

Lebron doesnt even guard the best player on the opposing team! Battier guarded Durant for most of the 1st game...Lebron was on Kendrick Perkins!

The NBA is soft now compared to when Jordan played. People forget how much of a beating Jordan took against teams like the Pistons....what he did in that era was incredible.

I have read through most of this thread and all I can offer is this from a pure fan perspective (I am not an expert on NBA or even a seasoned novice):

Whenever I watched a Bulls game during MJ's glory, I watched most of the game watching MJ specifically, even when he did not have the ball. He stood out. He made me watch HIM.

Watching the Heat, LeBron gets lost in the shuffle, except when he makes a spectacular play.

Advantage Jordan.

I have read through most of this thread and all I can offer is this from a pure fan perspective (I am not an expert on NBA or even a seasoned novice):

Whenever I watched a Bulls game during MJ's glory, I watched most of the game watching MJ specifically, even when he did not have the ball. He stood out. He made me watch HIM.

Watching the Heat, LeBron gets lost in the shuffle, except when he makes a spectacular play.

Advantage Jordan.

I was thinking the same thing the other night. Durant didn't score many more points, but they he plays a "louder" game. Maybe it is a compliment to how good Lebron is that he does it effortlessly and it isn't noticed, but I think that is a lot of what casual fans see as well.

When I see Lebron go hard to the hoop and score easily, all I can do is wonder why that guy doesn't always show up. I think if he had Jordan's desire he would be unstoppable.

Ok, so it was a conditional guarantee. Didnt they also say it was the greatest trio in NBA history.

I honestly have no idea about the latter part of your statement...did LeBron say that?

If he is getting called out for a conditional guarantee, than any guy who ever gave an interview answer like "If we can be consistent every night this team can win a championship" or something like it should equally flogged for their heresy.

I honestly have no idea about the latter part of your statement...did LeBron say that?

If he is getting called out for a conditional guarantee, than any guy who ever gave an interview answer like "If we can be consistent every night this team can win a championship" or something like it should equally flogged for their heresy.

He did not predict it. The question was asked you didn't come down here to win a championship, you came down to win championships? Bron said not 1, not 2, not 3 and kept going. He didn't guarantee ****. He said that's why they came to Miami. He didn't predict anything. He said that's why they were there. I believe every player says that at the beginning of every season if I'm not mistaken.

Why all the comparisons to Jordan? They don't even play the same position.

What about Bird vs. James? I think that's a more interesting comparison. Both are some type of small forward/power forward combo who can handle the ball, distribute and score at will when needed.

I'd take Bird at his peak, because he knew how to take over the game in so many different ways. I think James is still learning how to do that, although he's not far behind. In my mind, he may surpass Bird relatively soon.

download

On the SAT, would the answer today to the following question be (a)?

Michael Jordan: Stanzi :: Lebron James: ________
(a) James Vandenberg
(b) Nathan Chandler
(c) Brad Banks
(d) Jake Christensen

Why all the comparisons to Jordan? They don't even play the same position.

What about Bird vs. James? I think that's a more interesting comparison. Both are some type of small forward/power forward combo who can handle the ball, distribute and score at will when needed.

I'd take Bird at his peak, because he knew how to take over the game in so many different ways. I think James is still learning how to do that, although he's not far behind. In my mind, he may surpass Bird relatively soon.

signs point to no. did you actually watch Bird? one of the best ever to play the game. la ron isn't even the best on the floor.

I hate you:mad:

just kidding boat, but now I know why Thunder and Vint are always flying off the handle. They get in trouble but you've got blood on your hands my friend.

He's a classic goader. The snarky fat kid who pushes everyone's hot buttons and thinks he's really clever, but when push literally comes to shove, he runs home to mama.

Labron is such a unique player physically that it is hard to make a comparison.

That being said, his overall skill level is not close to Bird or Jordan. Of course neither of those guys were as big as Labron.

Labron is such a unique player physically that it is hard to make a comparison.

That being said, his overall skill level is not close to Bird or Jordan. Of course neither of those guys were as big as Labron.

"bron" is the guy who was born on third base, but thinks he hit a triple

Latest posts