Meanwhile in Ames...

Technically playing 1 second is still part of the game.

Obviously, he wasn't a huge factor in the game, but still played in it. ISU can't control who is able to play or not play for Boise St. I'll still take the win and it'll still help their SOS/RPI.

And I'm just telling you it's not as good as it may look, and ISU need not worry about SOS/RPI, they're not making the tourney. Neither is Iowa.

I’m gonna be candid here. I used to care a lot about this game — the good guys from Iowa City taking on the thugs and ne’er-do-Wells brought to Ames by The Mayor. But both teams seem down and I’m about as done now with Franball as I am with Kirk Ferentz.

I don’t care about tomorrow night’s outcome and I won’t watch.

I’m gonna be candid here. I used to care a lot about this game — the good guys from Iowa City taking on the thugs and ne’er-do-Wells brought to Ames by The Mayor. But both teams seem down and I’m about as done now with Franball as I am with Kirk Ferentz.

I don’t care about tomorrow night’s outcome and I won’t watch.

That's interesting you say thugs and ne'er-do-Wells. I would argue less than half of the transfers he brought in had "baggage" and nearly 100% of them took their second chance and made something of it. I'm curious why you're against giving people a second chance and why you were against bringing in transfers as a way to bolster the program? Are you saying the way Fran has done it is better? Just curious your thoughts on this.

That's interesting you say thugs and ne'er-do-Wells. I would argue less than half of the transfers he brought in had "baggage" and nearly 100% of them took their second chance and made something of it. I'm curious why you're against giving people a second chance and why you were against bringing in transfers as a way to bolster the program? Are you saying the way Fran has done it is better? Just curious your thoughts on this.

LOL, they were given second chances because they were good at BB, not because Hoiberg or Pollard are into redemption.

So? It isn't like they were murders or rapists. The MSU guys left because of weed. BFD.

You don't get booted for 1 weed violation. 1 strike is nothing, 2 strikes is a game or two, 3 strikes you gone. You don't see too many kids dumb enough to get caught 3 times.

I would take a transfer point guard that could play immediately next year even if he was kicked off his previous team. Everyone else is doing it so we might as well take advantage of the rule.

The only transfers I was concerned about taking were BDJ and Royce because they had at least some level of violence in their past. Everything else I really don't care about.

Reactions: ISC
LOL, they were given second chances because they were good at BB, not because Hoiberg or Pollard are into redemption.

Point still stands. They took the most of their chance. Hoiberg to the risk and it paid off....why are Iowa fans so against doing that to jump start a program? Fran is in year 8 and while is much better than the Lick years, its not like they're where fans thought he'd be right now.

Point still stands. They took the most of their chance. Hoiberg to the risk and it paid off....why are Iowa fans so against doing that to jump start a program? Fran is in year 8 and while is much better than the Lick years, its not like they're where fans thought he'd be right now.

Programs are rebuilt all the time without having to sign kids who you know have checkered pasts. White was a talent, and was a head case, and I wouldn't have wanted him on the Hawks. BJD was the same and I wouldn't have wanted him on the Hawks either. I wouldn't have cared to take a guy who 3 times put drugs before his team.

There are many players Fred brought in that I would have been fine with at Iowa, those guys I wouldn't have been ok with. It is funny, that fans think it is ok to take kids like that, other fans don't care if their coaches do shady crap like Pitino. I don't get either of those personally.

If ISU is not hitting 3's IA will roll ISU. Iowa should have their way on the inside.

EVERYONE hits the 3's when they play Iowa. We consistently "over-help" which leaves someone with a wide open 3. Even if they start out cold, most P5 players will hit open 3s 50% or better.

I would take a transfer point guard that could play immediately next year even if he was kicked off his previous team. Everyone else is doing it so we might as well take advantage of the rule.
Now there's something to be proud of. I think I'd rethink that.

Latest posts