Meanwhile in Ames...

TheIowaHawkGuy

They are rolling after sluggish start. Lose program’s best PG only to add a blue chip recruit in Wigginton whose provided no drop off. They recruit and land great guards there. They are headed for 7th straight NCAA Tournament. Unreal.

Also UNI’s run of success is not helping perception of Iowa either. Both ISU and UNI have thrived during Iowa’s run of irrelevance. This only adds fuel to the fire on Fran’s job.

I will say this, I’m not calling for Fran’s firing but what was Fran hired to do? Rebuild a program. Okay, has he done that? Yes. Okay, now what? If rebuilding is what Barta wanted then he got that.

They are rolling after sluggish start. Lose program’s best PG only to add a blue chip recruit in Wigginton whose provided no drop off. They recruit and land great guards there. They are headed for 7th straight NCAA Tournament. Unreal.

Also UNI’s run of success is not helping perception of Iowa either. Both ISU and UNI have thrived during Iowa’s run of irrelevance. This only adds fuel to the fire on Fran’s job.

I will say this, I’m not calling for Fran’s firing but what was Fran hired to do? Rebuild a program. Okay, has he done that? Yes. Okay, now what? If rebuilding is what Barta wanted then he got that.

I’d be stunned if they made the tourney with that squad. With that said, they are improving at a rapid pace and their coach appears to know how to recruit and develop players.

And we are headed to a likely 30 point or more loss there. Grab the popcorn and get ready for the trainwreck.

And oh my, if we struggle with Drake......

I will say I’d be very disappointed if Iowa State loses to Iowa this year but not surprised. Iowa State doesn’t play great D either.

I hope this is true, but I'm not holding my breath for an NCAA tournament bid yet. We'll see how all these guys handle conference play as I see some growing pains coming. Wiggington does look good so far though

I don't believe we will finish with a winning record in conference play. This year is the strongest top to bottom the big 12 has been in a long time.

If we lose by more than 20 to Iowa State and struggle with Drake, Barta needs to pull the trigger immediately on Fran. The program shouldn’t be in this shape in year 8.

We just keep regressing really. The high point was the Aaron White team, since then we took a step back, then two steps back, and now we are in the fetal position.

When the 14'-15' Aaron White team was 15-10 I remember vividly saying on here that if Fran pissed that team down his leg he should be fired. I got A LOT of crap for that, and a lot of push back. Iowa went on a to win 6 in a row to make the NCAA tournament. Looking back on it now, I'm even more pissed that we wasted the great talent on that team. We had 3 eventual freaking 1st team All B1G players on it, and we can't get past the 2nd round? 3 Bigs who could defend (Woody, White, Uthoff), we had an elite SG and we had a PG who could at least defend. No excuse to not be a top 4 seed and get to the sweet 16 with that kind of squad.

ISU is an NIT team. The 3 guards are very good but they have no inside game. Lard has a ton of promise but is only a freshman. As mentioned, the Big 12 is deep this year.

Iowa State hasn't beaten a team with a pulse this year and got lit up by Milwaukee at Hilton. I have zero confidence in Iowa basketball right now but they're more than capable of beating ISU on Thursday. They're not good either. Neither team is making the dance this year.

Iowa State hasn't beaten a team with a pulse this year and got lit up by Milwaukee at Hilton. I have zero confidence in Iowa basketball right now but they're more than capable of beating ISU on Thursday. They're not good either. Neither team is making the dance this year.
Boise state?

Latest posts