MD - Minny

NCHawker

Tungavialoa is a very talented player. This is a shoot out. 21-21. Both defenses are poor but I think MD's D is worse. ...and just as I said this, MD finally punts for the first time.

Props to Maryland for coming back to tie it up after being down 38-21 going into the 4th qtr. Terrible decision by the coaches to end regulation though. They should've called timeout with 3 seconds left and tried a long FG or a hail mary. We'll see what OT brings.

Is this the same Maryland team that lost to Northwestern last week (43-3)? Hawks better be ready today. So much for defense in the B1G this year.

Can't believe I turned this game off...Maryland plays a ghost defense.. how did Minny get shutout in the fourth quarter? Fleck is so full of phony energy from the start...it's a 60 minute game. I've seen this before...so classic

looks to me like Minny tried to grind it out as a game plan. In the 4th quarter MD would not have it. They took the chance that they could defend the pass and the gamble paid off. In this league you gotta stop the run and Locksley figured it out...almost too late.

This game reminded me of Iowa's game with USC. You had the feeling that you need to score on every possession because your lead if any was precarious.

These two teams have some really talented skill players.

That's what I thought too. Each team hit on amazinging full speed deep crossing routes that were thrown hard on a rope, caught in full speed full stride and taken to the house. I so rarely see that from Iowa that I can't recall it right now.

Let me just say this for everyone who thinks Northwestern is going to kill us because Maryland couldn't score on them. Maryland is terrible. Minnesota's defense is terrible. Michigan and Maryland ran all over Minny's defense...and I mean gaping holes. Tua is good, but if you can play defense and confuse him...they are going to struggle...just like what NW did...they got them off schedule...and he was mediocre.

NW scoring on Maryland doesn't really tell us much. I'm not saying NW with Ramsey isn't going to be much better...but they have to do it against a few more teams to convince me.

Maryland started hot last season then fell apart. Teams must get film on them and exploit them and Maryland cannot adjust.

Latest posts