McNamara Is Gonna Be A Hawk

Meh. The medical care (surgery, rehab, nutrition) available to these guys is beyond ridiculous. They have aftercare available every waking hour and that’s not an exaggeration.

Spencer Lee had both ACLs done by Robby Westermann at UIH at the same time and he’s the #1 ranked guy P4P in the country less than a year later. That’s medical care that Joes like you and me don’t get. Westermann is the best in the biz and his list of NFL guys is a mile long among others. McNamara will get the best of the best starting ASAP to get him back rolling.
Hope you are right. My surgeons were team surgeons for: Fighting Illini, CWS, and the Bulls. My rehab was a trainer for the Illini.

Really not bragging, but went from a 48 yd field goal the day before the injury at Memorial Stadium to never kicking an extra point again with my son. I can't. I did start running 5k again competitively but had to give that up in a few years. I gave up soccer coaching.

I haven't seen an injury/surgery report. Depends on what they did. Certain knee positions and there is nothing there. Maybe he'll be fine. To early to tell. My surgeon told me right up to bike rather than run as I wouldn't be able to do it. I eventually proved him wrong. I can toss a football, but can't pitch a baseball or play infield. I can fully throw the football, but only from specific foot positions. It changed my life. Hardest part is the mental aspect of protecting the knee and worried about reinjury without thinking about it. I can easily faceplant now over cracks in the sidewalk.

When he was said to have had serious injuries re the knee, I think they mean it.

I hope he torches the Big. I really do. I have my doubts. Once the knee is compromised with a "major" injury, it is never the same.

In sports I wear a heavy modern material brace. I can play BB, I trip easily driving the lane when I hit feet.

As I stated before, wasn't super impressed with him last year. Best case scenario is he is Trace McSorley, he will make a play when you need for him to make a play. Still a lot of moving parts, not going to blow my load just yet.

As I stated before, wasn't super impressed with him last year. Best case scenario is he is Trace McSorley, he will make a play when you need for him to make a play. Still a lot of moving parts, not going to blow my load just yet.
Agree, but he was playing through the knee injury pre-surgery

Meh. The medical care (surgery, rehab, nutrition) available to these guys is beyond ridiculous. They have aftercare available every waking hour and that’s not an exaggeration.

Spencer Lee had both ACLs done by Robby Westermann at UIH at the same time and he’s the #1 ranked guy P4P in the country less than a year later. That’s medical care that Joes like you and me don’t get. Westermann is the best in the biz and his list of NFL guys is a mile long among others. McNamara will get the best of the best starting ASAP to get him back rolling.
Not saying I'm an expert but I learned more about the knee than I ever cared to learn. Complete inversion (kneeling backwards) from a full speed should hit on my knee from the front right while planted. Willis McGahee, I feel your pain.

I also went to the top surgeon in the country....

No, I am talking about 2021 the full season. He was just mediocre.

“I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone for all the love and support. Turns out I have been dealing with a serious injury since the middle of last season. Then after suffering another serious knee injury this season, my goal was to get back on the field as soon as possible. Sadly I was unable to heal properly but thanks to Dr. ElAttrache he was able help me determine exactly what I needed to do to come back the best version of myself.”

McNamara said that he suffered a serious injury last season. That, coupled with the injury he suffered this year, proved to be too much.

All kidding aside. I hope this works out better for us than Rudock did for them.

And it is a positive sign that Kirk is living in 2022.
Rudock actually did pretty well as a bridge that connected to an upswing at Michigan. They were in trouble before he came on board. Not spectacular, just steady. Game manager. Harbaugh is no dummy.

I'm still trying to figure out why Cade would come here. He comes from Michigan where it's toss it often and deep to Iowa where a 20 yard pass play is a rarity. Perhaps there's a connection to Iowa I'm missing. Guess this squashes a 6th year for Petras.
Maybe Iowa made him some promises. CM is no dummy.

I
Iowa runs the same style of offense, just not as successful as Michigan has been.
well Iowa has a winning record vs Michigan in recent years. I was at the Big House when Iowa took them apart while the Blue fans went silent. Beat them in in Kinnick not long after that.

I wish but did you read KJ’s farewell? He didn’t say a word about his coaches or teammates, 2 things you almost always see in these departures. I could be reading too much into it but I think he’s gone.

But perhaps this saved Bruce from entering the portal.
KJ. No class on his departure. Go away.

I

well Iowa has a winning record vs Michigan in recent years. I was at the Big House when Iowa took them apart while the Blue fans went silent. Beat them in in Kinnick not long after that.
True, they’ve had more success as of late specifically the offense.

Did you find his departure post odd as well?
I've heard from one of the horses' mouth who's from right up near me that Kelton Copeland was one of the most popular and loyal-to-players coaches on the staff.

I'd imagine there's at least a chance that Copeland getting fired didn't sit well with the WRs leaving.

Latest posts