McCall Facebook Post

A simple screw up is a paula or public intox or stuff like that a felony involving the robbery of an elderly man is not a simple screw up...

There were some very extenuating circumstances that led to this incident. Not to mention the kid was only 18 years old. I'm in no way, shape or form condoning what he did, only that I think he deserved a second chance.

The staff just needs to tell potential recruits that they will play one year and then they will be required to transfer... that Iowa doesn't allow a RB to play more than one year.

Now I've heard it all. A message board poster making fun of a former heavyweight boxing champion.

Let's just say that in the heavyweight ranks, "champion" means FAR less than it did in the Marciano/Louis/Clay/Frazier/Foreman/Ali/Holmes eras.

Oliver McCall got a lucky counter punch on a glass-jawed Lennox Lewis. He promptly lost to Frank Bruno. Lets' hold off on the "champ" talk...champ.

Coker ended up under 5 YPC. Only one Top Ten rusher in the conference (a QB) had a lower YPC. Coker had more carries than any other B1G back and the only one even close was in Madison. The Hawks also had the worst rushing offense in the conference, yes dead last.

Please take the blinders off.

Weren't you just complaining about someone cherry-picking you in another thread? You're doing the same thing here. Yes, we were dead last in the Big 10 in rushing, but we were also 3rd in the Big 10 in passing, so we were more balanced than other teams. Overall, that put us at 6th. That's neither great nor terrible.

As far as Coker goes, try having a little perspective. It stands to reason that the more carries a player gets, the more of an effect it will have on his average. You yourself said only one other back was even CLOSE to the number of carries Coker got, so of course he might have a lower YPC. What is the significance of using 5 YPC as your standard anyway? If he was only at 4.4, would you complain that he didn't even average 4.5?

Latest posts