McCall Facebook Post

A lot of you guys must have got a lump of coal for christmas. Here's what I've gathered from this BS thread so far.

Kirk ran him off? It's KF's fault fire him now.

The kid didn't get to carry the ball after a fumble? so he's a quitter

The kid got himself in some trouble? and maybe all involved thought it would be a good time to move on.

The kid broke a new code of conduct rule in place by the Administration? and said this school isn't the right fit for me.

Why don't some of you wait for all the facts before we toss the coach and the kid under the run away train.

A lot of you guys must have got a lump of coal for christmas. Here's what I've gathered from this BS thread so far.

Kirk ran him off? It's KF's fault fire him now.

The kid didn't get to carry the ball after a fumble? so he's a quitter

The kid got himself in some trouble? and maybe all involved thought it would be a good time to move on.

The kid broke a new code of conduct rule in place by the Administration? and said this school isn't the right fit for me.

Why don't some of you wait for all the facts before we toss the coach and the kid under the run away train.

Ahhh...because that would require a different mindset. Assumptions and speculation trump thoughtfulness and reasoning. It's the way of the message boards.

Good thing we have the best coach money can buy.

I think KF is a very good coach.

I think the recruiting philosophy needs to change.

I think that he operates in a lot of black and white and needs to learn some gray.

I think that he is stubborn as it relates to you fitting within what he wants and him never fitting within what is best for you.

But to suggest that any coach wouldn't have problems, that he doesn't have a drive to win, that he is stupid, that he doesn't care, and yes that he isn't a very good coach is ridiculous.

There is something wrong in the football offices right now. Whether or not KF is the man to fix it, in my mind is completely secondary to the fact that it is totally fixable. A far better situation than he was given.

The reason it's in better shape is because Hayden coached a couple years too many. Dont worry in a couple more years KF will have it right back down there

So we vilify the coach who runs a clean program and praise the coach who brings in the ex-convict...hmmm

So we vilify the coach who runs a clean program and praise the coach who brings in the ex-convict...hmmm

I would hardly say that Kirk runs a clean program. There's been pretty significant off the field issues for a decade.

He's brought in or at least signed off on assistant coaches bringing in players who are flat out criminals. And I'm not talking about drinking underage or getting into bar-fights. I'm talking about guys who seriously belong behind bars.

Bringing in ex con means you run a dirty program ?
Yes, it means you have lost all integrity for winning and that is.the type of thing that can lead to PSU, it's a very dangerous thing....when has Kirk signed am ex con? Douglas was a model student, Everson had no past transgressions. Both were kicked off. Bonecrusher left before anything happened

Coker ended up under 5 YPC. Only one Top Ten rusher in the conference (a QB) had a lower YPC. Coker had more carries than any other B1G back and the only one even close was in Madison. The Hawks also had the worst rushing offense in the conference, yes dead last.

Please take the blinders off.
Thank you for that reminder. What a pathetic showing for KOK once again with the line we thought we had, and an O that is supposed to be based on the run. Doesn't help when you can't keep a RB on the team for more than two freaking years, either.

Yes, it means you have lost all integrity for winning and that is.the type of thing that can lead to PSU, it's a very dangerous thing....when has Kirk signed am ex con? Douglas was a model student, Everson had no past transgressions. Both were kicked off. Bonecrusher left before anything happened

Giving a guy like Hubbard a second chance is NOT even close to a loss of integrity. When he slipped up, he was gone. If we were running a dirty program with a loss of integrity, we would have kept him around (you know, like Alford did with Pierce).

Maybe it's because many of us feel we NEVER get any facts, just more coachspeak. I don't want Ferentz fired, but I keep hearing from him how much he appreciates the Iowa fans, yet he doesn't share any real information with them. Then he complains about all the speculation that surrounds the program.

Giving a guy like Hubbard a second chance is NOT even close to a loss of integrity. When he slipped up, he was gone. If we were running a dirty program with a loss of integrity, we would have kept him around (you know, like Alford did with Pierce).

Agreed. Force, if you ever get busted for a DUI or other related incident, I will be sure to go around to all prospective employers and tell them if they hire you, they will be demonstrating a lack of integrity and will end up like Penn St. University.

Sometimes people screw up. It doesn't mean they shouldn't get another chance.

Agreed. Force, if you ever get busted for a DUI or other related incident, I will be sure to go around to all prospective employers and tell them if they hire you, they will be demonstrating a lack of integrity and will end up like Penn St. University.

Sometimes people screw up. It doesn't mean they shouldn't get another chance.

A lot of companies wont hire you.

So let me get this straight Coker is not deserving of praise because he averaged 4.9 yards per carry……?!?!

I suppose it merits tabling that these are the same critics that pooh-poohed Coker getting 281 carries when there were 15 other Tail Backs who got between 261 and 369 carries including Burkhead, Richardson, David Wilson form Va Tech, Bernard Pierce, Montee Ball……
Your points will always be more insightful and accurate if you add a little perspective.

Agreed. Force, if you ever get busted for a DUI or other related incident, I will be sure to go around to all prospective employers and tell them if they hire you, they will be demonstrating a lack of integrity and will end up like Penn St. University. Sometimes people screw up. It doesn't mean they shouldn't get another chance.
A simple screw up is a paula or public intox or stuff like that a felony involving the robbery of an elderly man is not a simple screw up...

I believe his dad was the boxer they always show sitting in the ring crying...take from that what you will.at least I dont have to listen to the hn.com mclovefest anymore

Now I've heard it all. A message board poster making fun of a former heavyweight boxing champion.

Latest posts