McCabe jailed for assault

There will always be dumbasses out there. I'll ignore them, and you punch their lights out. We'll see how that works out.

Good luck with ignoring the dumbasses out there. I never saw Arveda mention that he would punch any ones lights out. I did hear that this kase P**** saved the woman Zach was involved with from getting punched by Zach. The nerdking with the little guy syndrome saved the girl and should be considered a hero of sorts......

Are you saying that you would meekly accept being treated like that. As mentioned before, I know absolutely no one who would accept such behavior.....

This insect wanted to get punched, as exhibited by his behavior, and he received his wish. He is actually lucky Zach showed such restraint.....

As Arveda, I respectfully agree to disagree.....

:rolleyes:

Its not like this kid was just walking by and ZM clocked him. He wanted ZM to do something. ZM did and now he will have to deal. Im suprise thats all that fool got. At that age when my light got to green it would have been more than one punch and a blown kiss.

You know what the fans need this every once in a while. Just like when a dude runs out onto a baseball field and starts something he needs to get wrecked. Or when a dude robs somebody and gets shot. It keeps people in check. Once the average dbag thinks he can get away with anything thats when you see dorky kid that couldnt play sports get all cocky with a real athlete this happens. Did anyone see what happened to the fat kid that ran on the court during the piston and pacers fight? Yeah fatty got knocked out. Its gets to the point where Americans sitting behind there tv and computer thing they can do a whole lot more than they can and I for one like it when the Zach McCabes of the world blow them a kiss and say not today buttercup.

I bet 75% of us would have punched the dude at that point in our lives. Now being 29 there is almost no chance Id hit the guy(but at my age I should never be in a bar that gets crazy enough for a fight to happen). Most people on this site are acting as if ZM is our age. Hes not.

I must agree, OOTH, guy begged for it and was fortunate that Zach acted with such cool and restraint. Yeah, COOL, blowing the kiss and walking home was Cool, no other way to put it. Many people would not have stopped with decking the ignorant Fool.....

Good luck with ignoring the dumbasses out there. I never saw Arveda mention that he would punch any ones lights out. I did hear that this kase P**** saved the woman Zach was involved with from getting punched by Zach. The nerdking with the little guy syndrome saved the girl and should be considered a hero of sorts......

Are you saying that you would meekly accept being treated like that. As mentioned before, I know absolutely no one who would accept such behavior.....

This insect wanted to get punched, as exhibited by his behavior, and he received his wish. He is actually lucky Zach showed such restraint.....

As Arveda, I respectfully agree to disagree.....

If I were an Iowa basketball player, I highly doubt I'd have a Twitter account. I wouldn't give people such an easy, safe place from which to take potshots. And while I might not ignore it entirely, I'm not going to deck a guy because he said mean things on Twitter. I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could suggest that a guy who lets something like that drive him to assaulting someone ISN'T mentally weak. He gave the kid what he wanted; hell, the kid was laughing about it on Twitter afterwards. Meanwhile, McCabe lands in jail. Pretty sure he didn't win that one.

If I were an Iowa basketball player, I highly doubt I'd have a Twitter account. I wouldn't give people such an easy, safe place from which to take potshots. And while I might not ignore it entirely, I'm not going to deck a guy because he said mean things on Twitter. I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could suggest that a guy who lets something like that drive him to assaulting someone ISN'T mentally weak. He gave the kid what he wanted; hell, the kid was laughing about it on Twitter afterwards. Meanwhile, McCabe lands in jail. Pretty sure he didn't win that one.

Did you happen to read about this punk intervening with an argument Zach was having with a woman in a bar after posting, F*** You P****, or have you conveniently overlooked that little segment. Once again Police say DO NOT get involved with a couple arguing. It was an argument, there was no indication of it becoming physical. Intervening can lead to more severe problems, which is exactly what happened.....

It still comes down to someone starting a fight in a bar and getting punched for not minding his own business, happens all the time in IC and the harassment by kase should favor Zach especially the tweets in the bar, the one before the confrontation and the one after.....

The little girlyboy got the attention he has been craving and received his just deserts for his trouble. Idiot might have mental problems, after being smashed to the floor he tweets: He hit me, Ha Ha....

Scum of the Earth, no doubt in my mind.....

Ever read this by PSD at BHGP:

The police report states McCabe was in an argument with a female and the victim tried to separate them. It could be girl problems, but it would seem unlikely that the same person that sent derogatory tweets directly to McCabe eight minutes before the incident just happened to be there and felt that he needed to intervene upon seeing an argument between McCabe and a female.

I think I am going to go with this tack.....

Did you happen to read about this punk intervening with an argument Zach was having with a woman in a bar after posting, F*** You P****, or have you conveniently overlooked that little segment. Once again Police say DO NOT get involved with a couple arguing. It was an argument, there was no indication of it becoming physical. Intervening can lead to more severe problems, which is exactly what happened.....

It still comes down to someone starting a fight in a bar and getting punched for not minding his own business, happens all the time in IC and the harassment by kase should favor Zach especially the tweets in the bar, the one before the confrontation and the one after.....

The little girlyboy got the attention he has been craving and received his just deserts for his trouble. Idiot might have mental problems, after being smashed to the floor he tweets: He hit me, Ha Ha....

Scum of the Earth, no doubt in my mind.....

At no point have I claimed that the kid he punched isn't an idiot. But that doesn't excuse McCabe's actions in any way. "He's a ********* who just really ****** me off" isn't a credible defense. It's not nearly as hard to control that impulse as some here seem to think. Believe me, I know what it feels like to truly want to beat someone to a pulp.

I've only responded to a situation with violence once, and it was a situation where the kid I went after 1.) had beat the crap out of me for a year, and was very good at getting in kicks, punches and holds in the classroom when the teachers were looking away/out of the room, and 2.) had just shoved me down from the top of the bleachers during a basketball game. I stormed back up there after finally having had enough, and he never messed with me again. So that was an instance where 1.) I was defending myself and 2.) my actions actually put an end to the problem.

McCabe punching out this kid isn't going to stop him, or others like him, from talking **** to him from behind a computer screen. And he sure as hell wasn't defending himself. He just didn't like someone talking **** to him, so he hit him. That's a pretty textbook case of being mentally weak.

At no point have I claimed that the kid he punched isn't an idiot. But that doesn't excuse McCabe's actions in any way. "He's a ********* who just really ****** me off" isn't a credible defense. It's not nearly as hard to control that impulse as some here seem to think. Believe me, I know what it feels like to truly want to beat someone to a pulp.

I've only responded to a situation with violence once, and it was a situation where the kid I went after 1.) had beat the crap out of me for a year, and was very good at getting in kicks, punches and holds in the classroom when the teachers were looking away/out of the room, and 2.) had just shoved me down from the top of the bleachers during a basketball game. I stormed back up there after finally having had enough, and he never messed with me again. So that was an instance where 1.) I was defending myself and 2.) my actions actually put an end to the problem.

McCabe punching out this kid isn't going to stop him, or others like him, from talking **** to him from behind a computer screen. And he sure as hell wasn't defending himself. He just didn't like someone talking **** to him, so he hit him. That's a pretty textbook case of being mentally weak.

Some people don't get beat up for a year before they do something about it Tork. McCabe obviously decided that he had enough, and I'd bet the guy doesn't bother him again, just like your guy didn't bother you again.

Some people don't get beat up for a year before they do something about it Tork. McCabe obviously decided that he had enough, and I'd bet the guy doesn't bother him again, just like your guy didn't bother you again.

Having enough of, and responding to physical abuse is not the same as punching a guy because he said something you don't like. And when you're an athlete competing on the D-1 level, hecklers come with the territory. If McCabe were a freshman who'd never had to deal with that before, I could see giving him some leniency. But he's a senior who served as a team captain. He should absolutely know better.

And you really think that guy would just leave McCabe alone from now on? I'm sure he won't ever make a face to face confrontation again, but (if McCabe hadn't deleted his Twitter account) that punch would hardly serve to stop him from running smack from behind the safety of a computer screen. I mean ****, we see that every day on sites like these. And it certainly won't prevent someone else from doing it, because they know they won't face any consequences if they stick to using things like Twitter.

McCabe had two choices: either ignore it or respond. Neither option solves his problem, but only one option gets him arrested. This isn't any different than the incident with Trice. He's proven himself to be a low-hanging fruit for trolls.

Having enough of, and responding to physical abuse is not the same as punching a guy because he said something you don't like. And when you're an athlete competing on the D-1 level, hecklers come with the territory. If McCabe were a freshman who'd never had to deal with that before, I could see giving him some leniency. But he's a senior who served as a team captain. He should absolutely know better.

And you really think that guy would just leave McCabe alone from now on? I'm sure he won't ever make a face to face confrontation again, but (if McCabe hadn't deleted his Twitter account) that punch would hardly serve to stop him from running smack from behind the safety of a computer screen. I mean ****, we see that every day on sites like these. And it certainly won't prevent someone else from doing it, because they know they won't face any consequences if they stick to using things like Twitter.

McCabe had two choices: either ignore it or respond. Neither option solves his problem, but only one option gets him arrested. This isn't any different than the incident with Trice. He's proven himself to be a low-hanging fruit for trolls.

It is pretty easy to sit behind your computer and tell others how they should or shouldn't react to their bullies, especially considering that you decided to violently confront yours. McCabe didn't seek this kid out, McCabe didn't ask to be harassed on twitter by him. McCabe didn't force this kid to come up and get in his face. It is actually attitudes like yours that emboldens idiots like him, in that they think/feel they can't or shouldn't be touched no matter what they do.

My God Tork. Your parents must be proud. The only legit argument you have is not having a twitter. I thank God everyday twitter wasn't astound when I was in hs/college. I was a freaking NAIA athlete/scrub and I don't think there is anyway I'd have acted any different than Zach did and I haven't been in a fight since junior high. We get it you live life with high moral standards and low wages.

My God Tork. Your parents must be proud. The only legit argument you have is not having a twitter. I thank God everyday twitter wasn't astound when I was in hs/college. I was a freaking NAIA athlete/scrub and I don't think there is anyway I'd have acted any different than Zach did and I haven't been in a fight since junior high. We get it you live life with high moral standards and low wages.

Excellent comment, T, you and Dean seem to see the situation in the correct manner.....

It is pretty easy to sit behind your computer and tell others how they should or shouldn't react to their bullies, especially considering that you decided to violently confront yours. McCabe didn't seek this kid out, McCabe didn't ask to be harassed on twitter by him. McCabe didn't force this kid to come up and get in his face. It is actually attitudes like yours that emboldens idiots like him, in that they think/feel they can't or shouldn't be touched no matter what they do.

Actually,what emboldens idiots like him is getting a reaction out of idiots like McCabe. He has was too weak-minded to ignore this creep but also kept allowing him to follow him on twitter.Easy target.

Oh for ****s sake. McCabe was dealing with a bully? He is a D-1 basketball player who could easily take out just about any and all comers, unless it's Adrian Clayborn getting in his grill. He was responding to a **** ant heckler who wasn't about to get physical; the kid was running his mouth. He should have told the guy to **** off and gone about his business. That sure sounds like a better choice than spending a night in jail, especially since McCabe wasn't likely to ever see the kid again, anyway.

I really don't see why it's so outlandish to think that you shouldn't physically assault someone just because you don't like something that they said.

Actually,what emboldens idiots like him is getting a reaction out of idiots like McCabe. He has was too weak-minded to ignore this creep but also kept allowing him to follow him on twitter.Easy target.

Would you have the manliness to call Zach an idiot or fruit, as Tork did, to his face or are you hiding behind your computer in your mother's basement like so many internet tough guys.....

Just curious, courage of one's convictions and all that.....

Would you have the manliness to call Zach an idiot or fruit, as Tork did, to his face or are you hiding behind your computer in your mother's basement like so many internet tough guys.....

Just curious, courage of one's convictions and all that.....

You kidding? I'm not stupid enough to say anything negative to his face. The guy seems to have a hair trigger when it comes to getting physical, and he'd kick my ***. And just like how his punch isn't going to stop people from heckling him on the internet (and land him in jail), me telling him he's acting like an idiot isn't going to stop him from doing so (and will land me in the hospital). That doesn't mean I'm wrong about him/how he's handled situations like this recently.

Oh for ****s sake. McCabe was dealing with a bully? He is a D-1 basketball player who could easily take out just about any and all comers, unless it's Adrian Clayborn getting in his grill. He was responding to a **** ant heckler who wasn't about to get physical; the kid was running his mouth. He should have told the guy to **** off and gone about his business. That sure sounds like a better choice than spending a night in jail, especially since McCabe wasn't likely to ever see the kid again, anyway.

I really don't see why it's so outlandish to think that you shouldn't physically assault someone just because you don't like something that they said.

Selective memory problems, Tork, remember this.....

Very strange that you fail to remember this: Interfering with a man and a woman having an argument in a bar.....

The police report states McCabe was in an argument with a female and the victim tried to separate them. It could be girl problems, but it would seem unlikely that the same person that sent derogatory tweets directly to McCabe eight minutes before the incident just happened to be there and felt that he needed to intervene upon seeing an argument between McCabe and a female.

Therein lies the crux of the problem.....

If someone wants to be a big toughguy on the internet, fine, however real life is a different situation.....

You kidding? I'm not stupid enough to say anything negative to his face. The guy seems to have a hair trigger when it comes to getting physical, and he'd kick my ***. And just like how his punch isn't going to stop people from heckling him on the internet (and land him in jail), me telling him he's acting like an idiot isn't going to stop him from doing so (and will land me in the hospital). That doesn't mean I'm wrong about him/how he's handled situations like this recently.

Still think he is a fruit.....

Selective memory problems, Tork, remember this.....

Very strange that you fail to remember this: Interfering with a man and a woman having an argument in a bar.....

Therein lies the crux of the problem.....

If someone wants to be a big toughguy on the internet, fine, however real life is a different situation.....

I'm not forgetting it at all. Did the kid shove him? Punch him? Or did he just insert himself where he shouldn't have been and said things he shouldn't have said? If it's the latter, then he's still just a heckler.

Being in a domestic dispute (of sorts) isn't an excuse to punch a third party who runs his mouth. No matter how you spin it, it sure sounds like McCabe grossly overreacted to a ******* running some trash talk.

I'm not saying he SHOULD have punched the guy. I'm saying I can understand why he did. I think personally I could have let it go, but I didn't have to put up with the verbal abuse for my own fans that Zach McCabe did. You can poo poo it all you want, but as CAAR pointed out these things have an effect. It is sooooo easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge others (heck it is your job), yet you have never walked a mile in someone else's shoes. It isn't like he freaking beat this guy to a pulp, lets keep it in perspective. He popped a guy who was in HIS face, a guy who was HARASSING him. He got arrested for assault and will have to face the consequences, but for God's sake Tork, get off your freaking moral high horse on this one...

Latest posts