McCabe jailed for assault

I have never said anything on here that I wouldnt say in person. McCabe is a mentally weak hothead. I will put money on the chances that this wont be his last encounter with the law.

Good luck with ignoring the dumbasses out there. I never saw Arveda mention that he would punch any ones lights out. I did hear that this kase P**** saved the woman Zach was involved with from getting punched by Zach. The nerdking with the little guy syndrome saved the girl and should be considered a hero of sorts......Are you saying that you would meekly accept being treated like that. As mentioned before, I know absolutely no one who would accept such behavior.....This insect wanted to get punched, as exhibited by his behavior, and he received his wish. He is actually lucky Zach showed such restraint.....As Arveda, I respectfully agree to disagree.....:rolleyes:
HA! Thanks for the assist, Jack. I'd decided to step away and have a few cold ones and it looks as though I missed a good show. This is actually a good debate.

I'm not saying he SHOULD have punched the guy. I'm saying I can understand why he did. I think personally I could have let it go, but I didn't have to put up with the verbal abuse for my own fans that Zach McCabe did. You can poo poo it all you want, but as CAAR pointed out these things have an effect. It is sooooo easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge others (heck it is your job), yet you have never walked a mile in someone else's shoes. It isn't like he freaking beat this guy to a pulp, lets keep it in perspective. He popped a guy who was in HIS face, a guy who was HARASSING him. He got arrested for assault and will have to face the consequences, but for God's sake Tork, get off your freaking moral high horse on this one...

I'm not arguing this on a moral plane. I said he's mentally weak. This highlights it just as much as his technical at MSU, whichever game it was when he chucked his mouthpiece, etc. He's made a habit of letting things get into his head and then reacting poorly.

Punching people - even if they're a**holes - is against the law. It really isn't more complicated than that.

I don't know what Zach's grades or work ethic were like, but he may have a tough life ahead of him post-college if he doesn't get it together. I wish him well.

Punching people - even if they're a**holes - is against the law. It really isn't more complicated than that.

I don't know what Zach's grades or work ethic were like, but he may have a tough life ahead of him post-college if he doesn't get it together. I wish him well.

I agree that it isn't any more complicated than its against the law. McCabe probably has gone through a lot the last couple of years, but he probably has been pampered pretty good the last couple of years. The guy is only probably 22 years old. We live in a pretty crazy world, and I never really heard a lot of bad things about McCabe so I'm sure he will end up alright. He could get a good job with his degree and name recognition alone in Iowa. He probably will always be a star in Iowa to most people, but he won't be the center of attention anymore.

I'm not arguing this on a moral plane. I said he's mentally weak. This highlights it just as much as his technical at MSU, whichever game it was when he chucked his mouthpiece, etc. He's made a habit of letting things get into his head and then reacting poorly.

Trice the most despised player in Div One dearly deserved the treatment he received.....

He has had his nose broken twice season before last. First time against UConn. Shabazz Napier broke his nose first game of the season, sent him to the hospital with brain damage. Izzo had him back as quickly as possible with a plastic mask over his entire face to attempt to protect him from retaliation. He later had his nose broken in a game against Illinois the following January.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/03/travis_trice_knocked_out_by_uc.html

The summer before his sophomore season, Trice was hit with a virus that was hard for doctors to diagnose, and caused him to lose 20-plus pounds. After recuperating from the illness, Trice came back only to suffer a concussion and broken nose in the Spartans’ opening-season loss to the University of Connecticut. Then, nearly three months after the initial head injury, Trice suffered another concussion against Illinois that caused him to miss time as well. Izzo didn't think twice about playing him before and after the first concussion where his memory was defective and played him after the concession at Illinois. Wonder why he is getting slammed to the floor so much. Any ideas. One would think he would be somewhat cautious playing and avoid infuriating other players, but Izzo demands his dirty play from all players no matter the injuries and possible permanent brain damage. College basketball at it's best, an inspiration for all young hopefuls.....

Trice harassed McCabe the entire game, and I was surprised that Zach gently threw his obnoxious a$$ to the floor. I am rather proud that Zach showed such restraint. Ever wonder why the referees called a double foul at East Lansing.....

Glad to see that UConn has his number, Shabazz in particular, scored 25 against Trice and the Spartans first game 2012/13 season, and burned them again in the NCAA Tournament this season. Shabazz scored another 25 points to Trice's one rebound and 2 assists. Sort of let the team down, did Mr. Plasticface. I just like to refer to him as Mr. Plasticface in honor of his style of play that encourages other players to put him on the floor hard.....

Observe his style, no wonder he is injured so much.....

zach-mccabe-is-so-tough.jpg%3Fw%3D650

Refs should have called a foul right there on Trice, preventing Zach from going back on Defense....

AR-301109929.jpg&MaxW=650&MaxH=420

Punk deserves what other college players give him. Coincidental that he gets tossed to the floor so much, I don't think so. He is soundly disliked for his devious play.....

Can't get enough of this play. Could watch it over and over.....

842416138.gif

Your hatred for Zach is palpable, Tork. By the way are you a fraternity brother of kase. The way you defend him is questiionable, and Trice seems to enjoy infuriating other players to the point of no return. How many concussions is he going to suffer in his college basketball career.....

Once again, Why did the referees call a double foul. They should have stopped Trice from interfering with McCabe before he had to toss him off his arm so he could continue to go down court to play defense.....

Fair play and sportsmanship and all that mean nothing to you does it, and obscene tweets get you off to the detriment of a Hawkeye baketball player who played as hard as anyone on the team four years. I appreciate his dedication to the team....

Imagine you have a poster of kase in your bedroom on the ceiling. Not making a judgement, you certainly have the right to live your life as you please. Do need to polish your trolling skills though, too obvious....

God Bless....

Your pal, Jack.....

:cool:

Last edited:
Trice the most despised player in Div One dearly deserved the treatment he received.....

He has had his nose broken twice season before last. First time against UConn. Shabazz Napier broke his nose first game of the season, sent him to the hospital with brain damage. Izzo had him back as quickly as possible with a plastic mask over his entire face to attempt to protect him from retaliation. He later had his nose broken in a game against Illinois the following January.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/03/travis_trice_knocked_out_by_uc.html

The summer before his sophomore season, Trice was hit with a virus that was hard for doctors to diagnose, and caused him to lose 20-plus pounds. After recuperating from the illness, Trice came back only to suffer a concussion and broken nose in the Spartans’ opening-season loss to the University of Connecticut. Then, nearly three months after the initial head injury, Trice suffered another concussion against Illinois that caused him to miss time as well. Izzo didn't think twice about playing him before and after the first concussion where his memory was defective and played him after the concession at Illinois. Wonder why he is getting slammed to the floor so much. Any ideas. One would think he would be somewhat cautious playing and avoid infuriating other players, but Izzo demands his dirty play from all players no matter the injuries and possible permanent brain damage. College basketball at it's best, an inspiration for all young hopefuls.....

Trice harassed McCabe the entire game, and I was surprised that Zach gently threw his obnoxious a$$ to the floor. I am rather proud that Zach showed such restraint. Ever wonder why the referees called a double foul at East Lansing.....

Glad to see that UConn has his number, Shabazz in particular, scored 25 against Trice and the Spartans first game 2012/13 season, and burned them again in the NCAA Tournament this season. Shabazz scored another 25 points to Trice's one rebound and 2 assists. Sort of let the team down, did Mr. Plasticface. I just like to refer to him as Mr. Plasticface in honor of his style of play that encourages other players to put him on the floor hard.....

Observe his style, no wonder he is injured so much.....

zach-mccabe-is-so-tough.jpg%3Fw%3D650

Refs should have called a foul right there on Trice, preventing Zach from going back on Defense....

AR-301109929.jpg&MaxW=650&MaxH=420

Punk deserves what other college players give him. Coincidental that he gets tossed to the floor so much, I don't think so. He is soundly disliked for his devious play.....

Can't get enough of this play. Could watch it over and over.....

842416138.gif

Your hatred for Zach is palpable, Tork. By the way are you a fraternity brother of kase. The way you defend him is questiionable, and Trice seems to enjoy infuriating other players to the point of no return. How many concussions is he going to suffer in his college basketball career.....

Once again, Why did the referees call a double foul. They should have stopped Trice from interfering with McCabe before he had to toss him off his arm so he could continue to go down court to play defense.....

Fair play and sportsmanship and all that mean nothing to you does it, and obscene tweets get you off to the detriment of a Hawkeye baketball player who played as hard as anyone on the team four years. I appreciate his dedication to the team....

Imagine you have a poster of kase in your bedroom on the ceiling. Not making a judgement, you certainly have the right to live your life as you please. Do need to polish your trolling skills though, too obvious....

God Bless....

Your pal, Jack.....

:cool:

By all means, it's sportsmanlike to hip toss a guy. You don't win by giving a troll exactly what he's looking for. Bullies see their targets as punching bags. Trolls are looking for a reaction from their target. And McCabe gives out those reactions like candy on Halloween.

At no point have I defended the actions of the douchebags on Twitter, or Trice (talk about selective memory problems). They're tools, but they aren't worth the trouble of earning technical fouls or a night in jail.

I agree that it isn't any more complicated than its against the law. McCabe probably has gone through a lot the last couple of years, but he probably has been pampered pretty good the last couple of years. The guy is only probably 22 years old. We live in a pretty crazy world, and I never really heard a lot of bad things about McCabe so I'm sure he will end up alright. He could get a good job with his degree and name recognition alone in Iowa. He probably will always be a star in Iowa to most people, but he won't be the center of attention anymore.

Zach will make a few hundred thousand playing in Europe over the next few years. If he invests and saves his cash, he will be alright. I am more than certain that he will have many offers from former Hawkeyes who own businesses. He could even sell insurance in the Dakotas like Kingsbury. I would imagine, if he wants to go home again, he will find scores of offers in Sioux City where he is a hero, as he should be.....

As far as those who are outraged that he would floor that twerp, have any of you ever heard of someone getting punched in a bar, in IC, no less....

Outrageous, I say.....

Imagine that, an A****** getting punched in a bar. Wonder if anyone in Seattle has ever been punched in a bar. Think of the World we live in. Along the Mexico/US Border, it is not unusual to find heads lined up on both sides of the Border. Ever wonder about the conflict in Africa in many countries where one faction or the next fills a Catholic/Christian Church with men, women and children, seal the doors and windows with plywood, and either slaughter everyone with machetes or just set the church on fire. What happened to kase is rather small potatoes and highly deserved. Anyone who thinks otherwise must turn in his man card immediately.....

I am completely done.....

Feel free to continue your righteous outrage.....

Remember hatred and anger cause stress which can result in heart attacks and/or the double whammy, stroke....

:rolleyes:

Zach will make a few hundred thousand playing in Europe over the next few years. If he invests and saves his cash, he will be alright. I am more than certain that he will have many offers from former Hawkeyes who own businesses. He could even sell insurance in the Dakotas like Kingsbury. I would imagine, if he wants to go home again, he will find scores of offers in Sioux City where he is a hero, as he should be.....

As far as those who are outraged that he would floor that twerp, have any of you ever heard of someone getting punched in a bar, in IC, no less....

Outrageous, I say.....

Imagine that, an A****** getting punched in a bar. Wonder if anyone in Seattle has ever been punched in a bar. Think of the World we live in. Along the Mexico/US Border, it is not unusual to find heads lined up on both sides of the Border. Ever wonder about the conflict in Africa in many countries where one faction or the next fills a Catholic/Christian Church with men, women and children, seal the doors and windows with plywood, and either slaughter everyone with machetes or just set the church on fire. What happened to kase is rather small potatoes and highly deserved. Anyone who thinks otherwise must turn in his man card immediately.....

I am completely done.....

Feel free to continue your righteous outrage.....

Remember hatred and anger cause stress which can result in heart attacks and/or the double whammy, stroke....

:rolleyes:

That MLK, he should have turned in his man card. All his anti-violence preaching, that was just self-righteous babble that people shouldn't have paid any attention to.

There is a time an place for someone to act as McCabe has done in several instances. His problem is that he seems to struggle recognizing the right situations to do that in. I'm not stressing about it, I'm not throwing things all over the place in a fit of rage over it. But the kid has earned a serious facepalm.

LOL at Trice preventing McCabe from going back on defense. Once again McCabe is just a victim. Poor Zach.

That MLK, he should have turned in his man card. All his anti-violence preaching, that was just self-righteous babble that people shouldn't have paid any attention to.

There is a time an place for someone to act as McCabe has done in several instances. His problem is that he seems to struggle recognizing the right situations to do that in. I'm not stressing about it, I'm not throwing things all over the place in a fit of rage over it. But the kid has earned a serious facepalm.

If there is a time and a place to punch someone, it is while drinking beer in a bar, when said dude keeps getting in your face every chance he gets. You keep acting like McCabe sought this guy out, and egging him on. You should have taken a lesson from MLK yourself Tork. You self admittedly beat up a dude who was bothering you. MLK preached non violence, not just when harassed on twitter, but also when faced with violence. I really don't think you have any room to quote MLK.

If there is a time and a place to punch someone, it is while drinking beer in a bar, when said dude keeps getting in your face every chance he gets. You keep acting like McCabe sought this guy out, and egging him on. You should have taken a lesson from MLK yourself Tork. You self admittedly beat up a dude who was bothering you. MLK preached non violence, not just when harassed on twitter, but also when faced with violence. I really don't think you have any room to quote MLK.

Do I meet that standard? No. But it's ridiculous to suggest that refusing to punch out a guy who's running his mouth, or thinking that's what a guy should do in that situation, warrants turning in your man card.

I've never said McCabe "sought this guy out". I said he shouldn't have reacted that way and let the kid get in his head, since that's clearly what the kid wanted. Like I said, he's proven himself to be a very easy target for trolls.

Do I meet that standard? No. But it's ridiculous to suggest that refusing to punch out a guy who's running his mouth, or thinking that's what a guy should do in that situation, warrants turning in your man card.

I've never said McCabe "sought this guy out". I said he shouldn't have reacted that way and let the kid get in his head, since that's clearly what the kid wanted. Like I said, he's proven himself to be a very easy target for trolls.

You SERIOUSLY think this kid wanted to get one punched knocked out by McCabe? That is complete BS, and I think you know it. He felt that McCabe would never touch him, that is why he ran his trap. He was wanting McCabe to back down, and then he is some guy who talked down McCabe. The dude that talks all the smack is usually the one that hides behind the bar or his friends when fist start flying. The kid was a grade A *ussy, and never thought in a million years he would get jacked. Now he is just the DBag who got one punched azz kicked by McCabe.

You SERIOUSLY think this kid wanted to get one punched knocked out by McCabe? That is complete BS, and I think you know it. He felt that McCabe would never touch him, that is why he ran his trap. He was wanting McCabe to back down, and then he is some guy who talked down McCabe. The dude that talks all the smack is usually the one that hides behind the bar or his friends when fist start flying. The kid was a grade A *ussy, and never thought in a million years he would get jacked. Now he is just the DBag who got one punched azz kicked by McCabe.

Yet he still seemed to find humor in it after the fact, while McCabe was sitting in the Johnson Co. jail. Like I said before, getting one kid to shut his mouth is hardly worth getting arrested.

But whatever, I'll digress.

Last edited:
I think there is a certain part of all of us that do feel joy at somebody getting their comeuppance like the kid talking trash to McCabe getting punched in a bar. Heck Tarantino's last two movies are elaborate revenge fantasies (Django and Inglorious B-tards were all about people shooting Nazis and evil slaveowners). There are numerous "nerd retaliates against bully and beats them up" videos on youtube. We generally like that sort of thing.

I do agree the kid got what was coming to him and I don't feel the least bit bad for him. However, McCabe also got what was coming to him, a trip to jail, and I don't feel the least bit bad for him either. We oftentimes want to make excuses for the people who do these things. However it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law, and that's why it was dumb of McCabe to retaliate, unless you or he doesn't care about going to jail.

Trice may deserve the hip toss, but only if he doesn't care about getting a technical. The refs may have deserved to get ripped by Fran at UNI a few years ago and Wisconsin this year, but the technicals there hurt the team. It may not have changed the outcome of the game but they undoubtedly hurt the team.

I may have never been in possession of a man card but the older I get the more I think the "manly" thing to do is just ignore it. And if you can't ignore this stuff, you probably shouldn't be going to bars or getting on twitter. If you can't handle losers don't put yourself in their path. If that makes me a p-word, guilty as charged.

I think there is a certain part of all of us that do feel joy at somebody getting their comeuppance like the kid talking trash to McCabe getting punched in a bar. Heck Tarantino's last two movies are elaborate revenge fantasies (Django and Inglorious B-tards were all about people shooting Nazis and evil slaveowners). There are numerous "nerd retaliates against bully and beats them up" videos on youtube. We generally like that sort of thing.

I do agree the kid got what was coming to him and I don't feel the least bit bad for him. However, McCabe also got what was coming to him, a trip to jail, and I don't feel the least bit bad for him either. We oftentimes want to make excuses for the people who do these things. However it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law, and that's why it was dumb of McCabe to retaliate, unless you or he doesn't care about going to jail.

Trice may deserve the hip toss, but only if he doesn't care about getting a technical. The refs may have deserved to get ripped by Fran at UNI a few years ago and Wisconsin this year, but the technicals there hurt the team. It may not have changed the outcome of the game but they undoubtedly hurt the team.

I may have never been in possession of a man card but the older I get the more I think the "manly" thing to do is just ignore it. And if you can't ignore this stuff, you probably shouldn't be going to bars or getting on twitter. If you can't handle losers don't put yourself in their path. If that makes me a p-word, guilty as charged.

Word.

I think he just wanted McCabe to blow him a kiss. Lost in all the talk of who's a d'bag and who is a *ussy is the fact that McCabe blew the guy a kiss after he punched him. That is some straight *ussy stuff right there. These guys are both guys that I'd be happy to see get beat down, except after the beatdown instead of having kisses blown to them I would like them to get curb-stomped.

Blowing kisses, wtf lady. A true tough guy is going to punch and then follow up with kicks or more punches, not a blown kiss. gtfo with that.

I think he just wanted McCabe to blow him a kiss. Lost in all the talk of who's a d'bag and who is a *ussy is the fact that McCabe blew the guy a kiss after he punched him. That is some straight *ussy stuff right there. These guys are both guys that I'd be happy to see get beat down, except after the beatdown instead of having kisses blown to them I would like them to get curb-stomped.

Blowing kisses, wtf lady. A true tough guy is going to punch and then follow up with kicks or more punches, not a blown kiss. gtfo with that.

This reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIYO_Nh2vRc&feature=player_detailpage

Yeah and then they go to jail for a long time. I would guess the QB from MN who went to Rutgers would like to change his actions...He will probably be getting locked up for a while when it is all said and done.

Yeah and then they go to jail for a long time. I would guess the QB from MN who went to Rutgers would like to change his actions...He will probably be getting locked up for a while when it is all said and done.

When you're a true baller you don't think about the consequences, you think about the respect. McCabe was a little ***** in this situation. He could have handled this problem, but chose to blow a kiss instead. ***** stuff.

Latest posts