Maybe Kirk SHOULD resign....

83Hawk

Banned
Our football program is in a shambles and he has obviously lost control of the team.

Hopefully this mess gets straightened out, though I fear our recruiting will be hurt for awhile.

WHOA! Step. Slowly. Away.. From.. The... Ledge...

Reality is this. NOBODY knows what's going to come out of this press conference. Every joe blow thinks he does, but I think we'll all be surprised.

No need to be melodramatic. Ferentz isn't going anywhere.

Maybe we should wait and find out what exactly is going on before making stupid comments?

I don't think he posted that thinking the presser would be bad....maybe he means just because of the lack of institutional control.

I don't think he posted that thinking the presser would be bad....maybe he means just because of the lack of institutional control.
Lack of institutional control? How? You think our players would be the only ones to do weed or coke? Not saying it's right, but it doens't just float in IC, it's everywhere, and ignorant to pretend it's not.

If you believe that Iowa is the only D-1 program with prevalent drug use you are living in lalalala land. I would assume 80-85% of these guys have used recreational drugs while at Iowa...some prescription meds too. It is a fact in our current society like it or not.

Correct.

I did not say Kirk WAS resigning...nor am I CALLING for him to resign...only that...because of the mess the football program is now...maybe he should walk away before his reputation becomes damaged.

Just an observation....not an over-reaction.

If you believe that Iowa is the only D-1 program with prevalent drug use you are living in lalalala land. I would assume 80-85% of these guys have used recreational drugs while at Iowa...some prescription meds too. It is a fact in our current society like it or not.

You state that 80-85% of the team used drugs and then have no problem with Kirk's control? Put down the kool aid....

Correct.

I did not say Kirk WAS resigning...nor am I CALLING for him to resign...only that...because of the mess the football program is now...maybe he should walk away before his reputation becomes damaged.

Actually by titling your thread the way you did, you implied that he "SHOULD" resign. You were looking to fan the flames already raging on the site and you've done so with some success.

Congratulations Troll

Actually by titling your thread the way you did, you implied that he "SHOULD" resign. You were looking to fan the flames already raging on the site and you've done so with some success.

Congratulations Troll

Perhaps you failed to notice the word "Maybe".

Congratulations on your epic fail.

Correct.

ok....Let me put it this way.
I am not saying you should resign from posting stupid comments such as this. But...Because of the mess you have posted here maybe you should walk away from the keyboard before your reputation is damaged anymore than it already is. There.....thats better

Perhaps you failed to notice the word "Maybe".

Congratulations on your epic fail.

Maybe you SHOULD stop posting drunk.

Notice the maybe. I didn't say that you get drunk and type stupid things, nor did I imply that you might. I am just saying that if you did, then maybe you should stop being such a monumental idiot. But you didn't...maybe.

Kirk is beyond reproach for some people. Hes not responsible for the crappy special teams play all year, the offense going into the tank or any of the off the field stuff.

In the old days you could delegate authority, but never responsibility.

Maybe you SHOULD stop posting drunk.

Notice the maybe. I didn't say that you get drunk and type stupid things, nor did I imply that you might. I am just saying that if you did, then maybe you should stop being such a monumental idiot. But you didn't...maybe.

Nice work! Let's all post things and then say we didn't mean to imply what we just posted.

You state that 80-85% of the team used drugs and then have no problem with Kirk's control? Put down the kool aid....
I was stating facts about all D1 programs...not just Iowa. I said nothing about Kirk's control. If Kirk is to blame for prevalent drug use at Iowa then he should go...but then so should lots of other coaches at D-1 schools. Maybe we should drug test every team in America and see how they fare for bowl season.

Wow....a couple of people have thin skins and do not wish to partake in a legitimate discussion.

Resorting to name-callilng....how adult of you airhawk and farm girl!

A question for those who are "dismissing" this as not that big of a deal (since it happens "everywhere").....would you be so forgiving if this were happening at Iowa State...or Michigan....or Florida?

Methinks not.

Nice work! Let's all post things and then say we didn't mean to imply what we just posted.

Or let's just personally attack everyone who dares to criticize dear leader. I could care less if Ferentz steps aside, but it wouldn't have anything to do with the recent drug activity. He runs the most boring high school offensive and defensive schemes I've ever seen from a Div. I football program. When your defensive coordinator says the spread offense should be made illegal because his 1940's cover-2 zone doesn't work effectively against it, you know you are in trouble. Everyone on here rips KOK but makes KF untouchable as if the offensive playbook has no input from the head coach. Unbelievable!

Latest posts