Maybe Kirk SHOULD resign....

Where did I call you names? All I said that IF you were posting drunk, then MAYBE you SHOULD stop being an idiot. Nowhere did I even imply that you were a blathering fool who is failing at masking rumor mongering under the guise of "legitimate discussion", and I never would.

MAYBE if you find it difficult to read what I am clearly saying, then MAYBE you SHOULD go back to remedial reading.

pwned%20DH.jpg

Kirk is beyond reproach for some people. Hes not responsible for the crappy special teams play all year, the offense going into the tank or any of the off the field stuff.

In the old days you could delegate authority, but never responsibility.

You mean like Hayden Fry was held responsible for off-field incidents, or the Norby Walters scandal, or the mid-80's academic scandal, or his occasional years of crappy special teams or offensive play?

What do you mean, exactly, by "held responsible"?

And when, exactly, were the "old days"?

I can't even give you points for "nice try". Epic fail on your part.

So I guess all the problems are now solved because of a press conference? Have all the drug issues gone away? Has Kirk magically regained control of the team he seemingly lost the second half of the season? Will the playcalling and clock management suddenly improve? How about the player defections?

The Iowa football program is still in a world of hurt. And what is Kirk going to do about it?
Did he lose control of the program or is it that he just hasn't run it like you would. The program is fine and will be better next year. Let it go for gods sake and move on. Why is it that when issues are dealt with its never enough? What player defections? Every team has a few defections every year and we are no different. Are you saying Hampton is a defection? It was a mutual decision.

I can't even give you points for "nice try". Epic fail on your part.

So I guess all the problems are now solved because of a press conference? Have all the drug issues gone away? Has Kirk magically regained control of the team he seemingly lost the second half of the season? Will the playcalling and clock management suddenly improve? How about the player defections?

The Iowa football program is still in a world of hurt. And what is Kirk going to do about it?

Exaggerate much? One player has been found to have a drug-related issue.
Beyond that,no one can say anything else on this issue,it is pure fiction.
Was the team lost vs MSU?
Just go support some other school,maybe? Like OSU. Then you get your guaranteed 10 wins.

Apparently you don't watch many badger games. Don't mistake a power run orientated offense as boring and similar to our scheme. Wisconsin also routinely uses gadget plays Iowa would rarely if ever consider. Would you see Ferentz have the guts to call a punt fake like Bielema did against us? The last time I remember doing something like that was the fake field goal against Ohio State in 2003. Ferentz would likely do the same old fake going for it in hopes of drawing an offsides only to call a timeout and punt. You don't hear opposing coaches and players call Wisconsin predictable as they do to Iowa routinely.

We have one of the worst 2 minute drills I've ever seen. We have an enormous amount of difficulty holding late leads because we play a boarderline prevent no-blitz defense and allow qb's to pick our linebackers apart down the field (linebackers who are covering wide receivers at that). His game management is awful (horrible timeout call against Wisconsin, not using timeouts against LSU in the Capital One forcing Tate to bail him out with a miracle throw). Ferentz has been a mediocre coach the last 6 years, there's no denying that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an obvious homer.

You're using TWO good Bielema years as empirical evidence that he is a better coach than KF?! Get real...

Bielema inherited a program--literally--that had was perennially bowl-bound. His first year was a 12-1 season. After tyhat? Not so much, other than he got worse every year. And he was absolutely embarrassed by FSU--yes, FSU--in the Champ's Bowl just two seasons ago.

KF had three consecutive years at #8, and if we hadn't been absolutely abused by the officiating in the 2006 Outback Bowl, you'd be able to add another Top 25 finish. Oh, and he inherited a team that hadn't recruited well--at all--for three seasons due to a coach who was sending assistants on to HC jobs and had cancer during his last season.

This is Bielema's first BCS bowl. KF has two appearances, plus January bowls in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2008.

Half this board needs to stop doing "sympathy drugs" in honor of DJK...unreal...

You're using TWO good Bielema years as empirical evidence that he is a better coach than KF?! Get real...

Bielema inherited a program--literally--that had was perennially bowl-bound. His first year was a 12-1 season. After tyhat? Not so much, other than he got worse every year. And he was absolutely embarrassed by FSU--yes, FSU--in the Champ's Bowl just two seasons ago.

KF had three consecutive years at #8, and if we hadn't been absolutely abused by the officiating in the 2006 Outback Bowl, you'd be able to add another Top 25 finish. Oh, and he inherited a team that hadn't recruited well--at all--for three seasons due to a coach who was sending assistants on to HC jobs and had cancer during his last season.

This is Bielema's first BCS bowl. KF has two appearances, plus January bowls in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2008.

Half this board needs to stop doing "sympathy drugs" in honor of DJK...unreal...

Speaking of selectively picking stats to fit your argument. The team that was destroyed by FSU was the ONLY Badger team to not finish in the top 25 under Bielema. Frankly, I'd rather make a bowl game and get killed than miss a bowl game by losing to a **** poor Western Michigan team. Sure Ferentz was handed a poor team by Fry, but that excuse was over a long time ago. Long before his last 6 years with only 2 top 25 finishes (8th and 20th). Over that same time frame Wisconsin has finished 7th, 24th, 16th and a likely top 10 this year.

Sure this may be Bielema's 1st BCS bowl, but that is blatantly ignoring his first team which won the Capital One Bowl and finished higher ranked than Ferentz ever has. Bielema has never had a team with a losing record. You can't blame KF's 2006 team on Fry. You need to have your head examined if you think Ferentz has been better than Bielema over the time that he took over at Wisconsin.

Last edited:

This is Bielema's first BCS bowl. KF has two appearances, plus January bowls in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2008. QUOTE]

Also, where are you getting this looney idea that Bielema had only "two good" years? How are you defining "good" because it's not obvious from your later comments. You praise KF for playing in Jan. bowls in 2005 and 2008 where they finished unranked and 20th. So are Bielema's 2007 and 2009 teams that finished 24th and 16th not "good" in your mind yet KF's were? If you take off your homer glasses for a second it's rather obvious that Wisconsin has been a better team than Iowa over the last 6 years.

Apparently you don't watch many badger games. Don't mistake a power run orientated offense as boring and similar to our scheme. Wisconsin also routinely uses gadget plays Iowa would rarely if ever consider. Would you see Ferentz have the guts to call a punt fake like Bielema did against us? The last time I remember doing something like that was the fake field goal against Ohio State in 2003. Ferentz would likely do the same old fake going for it in hopes of drawing an offsides only to call a timeout and punt. You don't hear opposing coaches and players call Wisconsin predictable as they do to Iowa routinely.

We have one of the worst 2 minute drills I've ever seen. We have an enormous amount of difficulty holding late leads because we play a boarderline prevent no-blitz defense and allow qb's to pick our linebackers apart down the field (linebackers who are covering wide receivers at that). His game management is awful (horrible timeout call against Wisconsin, not using timeouts against LSU in the Capital One forcing Tate to bail him out with a miracle throw). Ferentz has been a mediocre coach the last 6 years, there's no denying that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an obvious homer.

Hmm. Show me a post where you said this LAST year, and I will let you go. We had one of the BEST 2-minute drills and came through late in many games LAST year. I would love to see what you posted LAST year, when we were good. Go be a Michigan fan, because we don't want you here. Just because we had a "bad" year, you go nuts and blame everyone. Go blame RichRod or your sister/cousin.

This is the first year in which Wisconsin has EVER beat an Iowa team that has won at least 7 games. Ever. How is the beer in Madison, btw?

Our football program is in a shambles and he has obviously lost control of the team.

Hopefully this mess gets straightened out, though I fear our recruiting will be hurt for awhile.

And maybe you should stop coming across as a frightened little rabbit with no intestinal fortitude.

Hmm. Show me a post where you said this LAST year, and I will let you go. We had one of the BEST 2-minute drills and came through late in many games LAST year. I would love to see what you posted LAST year, when we were good. Go be a Michigan fan, because we don't want you here. Just because we had a "bad" year, you go nuts and blame everyone. Go blame RichRod or your sister/cousin.

We didn't have one of the best 2-minute drills last year. Where are you getting this nonsense? Other than the Michigan State game, which games did we have to drive down the field and score last? Most of our close wins last year were in games the defense had to come up with a stop not the offense forced to score like this year (UNI, Arkansas St., Michigan). All poor teams by the way.

What's KF's career winning percentage in games decided by a touchdown or less? We've obviously had more than one bad year lately since we've only managed to finish the season ranked in the top 25 twice in the last six years. The facts are not with you. Iowa has been very mediocre for a long time now.

This is the first year in which Wisconsin has EVER beat an Iowa team that has won at least 7 games. Ever. How is the beer in Madison, btw?

Honestly, who cares about that stat? College football is not limited to one head to head matchup. You can't refute the fact that Wisconsin has been a better Big Ten team than Iowa since Bielema took over. They've made more bowl games, won more conference games, averaged a higher end of the year ranking. Sad but true.

Our football program is in a shambles and he has obviously lost control of the team.

Hopefully this mess gets straightened out, though I fear our recruiting will be hurt for awhile.

A lot of the concern over the program will disappear if this group of Hawkeyes goes to Arizona in a couple weeks and puts an MSU-style beat-down on Misery.

A lot of the concern over the program will disappear if this group of Hawkeyes goes to Arizona in a couple weeks and puts an MSU-style beat-down on Misery.

That's true; winning cures all, but what happens if we give up a go-ahead td with a couple minutes to go and run a bad 2-minute drill to lose?

You know who should resign? YOU SHOULD! Maybe we can waltz on over to namby-pamby land and find you some courage ya jack wagon!

This is Bielema's first BCS bowl. KF has two appearances, plus January bowls in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2008. QUOTE]

Also, where are you getting this looney idea that Bielema had only "two good" years? How are you defining "good" because it's not obvious from your later comments. You praise KF for playing in Jan. bowls in 2005 and 2008 where they finished unranked and 20th. So are Bielema's 2007 and 2009 teams that finished 24th and 16th not "good" in your mind yet KF's were? If you take off your homer glasses for a second it's rather obvious that Wisconsin has been a better team than Iowa over the last 6 years.

Where did I get two "good" years? Well, since he went 12-1 in 2006 (finishing 3rd in Big Ten), he got progressively worse each year, until this year. KF got progressively BETTER each year, until this year.

And over the last SIX years? Uh, sport, Bielema is in his fifth season. And if you want to go "last six" years, I'll go last nine, during which time we are 6-3 vs. your vaunted Badgers.

Now YOU set up the parameters and I can retort. Fun, huh?

Where did I get two "good" years? Well, since he went 12-1 in 2006 (finishing 3rd in Big Ten), he got progressively worse each year, until this year. KF got progressively BETTER each year, until this year.

And over the last SIX years? Uh, sport, Bielema is in his fifth season. And if you want to go "last six" years, I'll go last nine, during which time we are 6-3 vs. your vaunted Badgers.

Now YOU set up the parameters and I can retort. Fun, huh?

Then we can use the last 5 years since that is the common denominator. Bielema got worse because he started with a 12-1 team and Ferentz started with a poor team, I'm not arguing that. The last 5 years Wisconsin has been a much better team, it's as simple as that. Bielema got worse for years 2 and 3 and then better 4 and 5. You make it sound as thought his teams have continued to decline. His teams still finished ranked 7, 24, UR, 16, top 10. Ferentz over that span finished UR, UR, 20th, 8th, Probable UR. You cannot logically argue that Ferentz has been better than Bielema since Bielema took over at Wisconsin.

We didn't have one of the best 2-minute drills last year. Where are you getting this nonsense? Other than the Michigan State game, which games did we have to drive down the field and score last? Most of our close wins last year were in games the defense had to come up with a stop not the offense forced to score like this year (UNI, Arkansas St., Michigan). All poor teams by the way.

What's KF's career winning percentage in games decided by a touchdown or less? We've obviously had more than one bad year lately since we've only managed to finish the season ranked in the top 25 twice in the last six years. The facts are not with you. Iowa has been very mediocre for a long time now.

Scored in the last 2 min of half against Minnesota, scored in last 3 min against OSU, scored last min of MSU, scored 28 in 4th quarter of Indiana....there could have been more. But I'd say thats not too shabby. I get where you are going with the "mediocre" thing, but going 9-4 and 11-2 the two previous years with something like a 13 game winning streak...I'll take my 7-5 team and be proud to root for them next year.

Latest posts