Matt Gatens said it best this morning!

In this mornings ICPC Gatens said"obviously,its our record,so we keep track of it. Its not fun at all,and you get really sick of it". I think we all,the players included are ready for this season to end.

Way to coach em up..

Sounds like a broken spirit.. not a good sign at all.. I really feel bad for the kids.. I know they want to win and play hard..

I disagree. Talking with them on Sunday night, they are all still very much behind this program, this school, and this coach. Even if the same can't be said by its fans.

We will find out for sure if this is true at the end of the season based on transfers (hopefully there arent any). Anytime you talk to someone during the season they are going to stand behind their teammates/coaches. Actions speak much louder than words

I mean for goodness sake, we are talking about 18-22 year kids here and you are the ones acting like 5 year olds.

If you really do love Iowa, you have a right to say whatever you want, whether or not anyone agrees with you or not. HOWEVER, you DO NOT have a right to add your own words to what Matt said cause you are unhappy with the state of the program or the direction and play them off as Matt's words.

Hawkytalk, you have posted it on ALL 3 board, show us all some class, repost the CORRECT quotes, not your made up ending and apologize because you are pathetic.

I mean for goodness sake, we are talking about 18-22 year kids here and you are the ones acting like 5 year olds.

If you really do love Iowa, you have a right to say whatever you want, whether or not anyone agrees with you or not. HOWEVER, you DO NOT have a right to add your own words to what Matt said cause you are unhappy with the state of the program or the direction and play them off as Matt's words.

Hawkytalk, you have posted it on ALL 3 board, show us all some class, repost the CORRECT quotes, not your made up ending and apologize because you are pathetic.

+1

? He didn't misquote or even change Gatens quote. He hasn't edited his post yet this AM so if you want to go back and see what he wrote then maybe you could see where the " ends and his own statement begins.

Find something positive about the program to talk about. You can't.

? He didn't misquote or even change Gatens quote. He hasn't edited his post yet this AM so if you want to go back and see what he wrote then maybe you could see where the " ends and his own statement begins.

Find something positive about the program to talk about. You can't.

They are building a $43 million practice facility. That's a positive.

I disagree. Talking with them on Sunday night, they are all still very much behind this program, this school, and this coach. Even if the same can't be said by its fans.
I agree that the fans are not behind the coach but at some point even the positive guys like me can see that these kids do not enjoy playing for Lick. Is it the coach, is it the style? I feel sorry for the kids but at some point someone has to say to hell with it and show some pride and hustle out there. I don't think the talent level is as bad as some people think because I believe Mr. Davis could win with this squad. Lick doesn't adjust in game or even between games. This isn't high school where you go out and say you know what we are going to do............ try to stop it. There is no reason for not playing a zone defense or having a hint of a different type of offense............like a fast break. Lick seems indifferent on the sidelines, hell even on his tv show he looks ashamed to be there.

Hey BBALL,get a life. Thats pretty much what I said. Nothing was changed!

Except that what you originaly posted strongly suggested that at least Gatens was considering a transfer. The whole quote suggests that they still look to the future with more hope than most of us do. There's a big difference there.

Easier said than done, though. The way it's written, a casual observer could misread that very, very easily. And a lot of them have. Intentional or not.

The OP was very misleading. John should warn him that this type of stuff won't be tolerated.
I think the ACTUAL quote from matt is encouraging.
Also, don't act like we've never lost this way before. I remember the Horner/Bru/Haluska team went to MSU and lost by 30+.
Although it was never this bad, their first couple seasons were less than stellar too.
I agree with Barta that next year we will be middle of the big ten and the following year we will be top 3. I'm embarassed by the attitude on this board. I was always very proud of the fact the our fan base was known for supporting the team (in general and with attendance) through thick and thin. We almost sold out the whole 2006 & 2007 football seasons. I could hold that over the heads of other teams' fans. IE: USC repeatedly has unbelievably lousy football attendance after just 1 loss.
I guess we have stooped closer to that level.
Probably mostly people that have migrated from Illinois..

The OP was very misleading. John should warn him that this type of stuff won't be tolerated.
I think the ACTUAL quote from matt is encouraging.
Also, don't act like we've never lost this way before. I remember the Horner/Bru/Haluska team went to MSU and lost by 30+.
Although it was never this bad, their first couple seasons were less than stellar too.
I agree with Barta that next year we will be middle of the big ten and the following year we will be top 3. I'm embarassed by the attitude on this board. I was always very proud of the fact the our fan base was known for supporting the team (in general and with attendance) through thick and thin. We almost sold out the whole 2006 & 2007 football seasons. I could hold that over the heads of other teams' fans. IE: USC repeatedly has unbelievably lousy football attendance after just 1 loss.
I guess we have stooped closer to that level.
Probably mostly people that have migrated from Illinois..

I am embarrassed by everything in this post. I don't even know how to respond to such monstrosities. It is truly amazing how some people are content to pull wool over their eyes for this coach. You think what Gatens said is encouraging???????? They just set a school record for losses and you see it as a positive, awesome work bud.

Iowa basketball has never been so sad Hayden'sDad. If you don't see that, you haven't paid much attention over the last 50 plus years.....

plus.....one loss in football, in no way, compares to 22 losses in basketball. especially when those 22 losses are the result of a flat out WORST EVER basketball team, as well as coach, at the University Of Iowa. I root for the guys on the team, and I hope like hell every night something will turn around for them, but they just aren't very good. That doesn't make me less of an Iowa fan than you, it makes me objective...

I am embarrassed by everything in this post. I don't even know how to respond to such monstrosities. It is truly amazing how some people are content to pull wool over their eyes for this coach. You think what Gatens said is encouraging???????? They just set a school record for losses and you see it as a positive, awesome work bud.

Are you SO cynical that you can't even accurately read what the man said? Gatens' statement was encouraging. This team hasn't given up on the future. Maybe this season, but he said they are looking forward, and want to focus on working to get better. He's not saying they've mailed it in and are getting out. He made it sound as though the players still feel there's hope for the future. I find that encouraging, because even being as competitive as I was (my high school was horrible at football from 2004-2007, when I played, but I never quit playing and working my a** off), I would have a hard time keeping that hope if I were on the team.

Latest posts