Matt Gatens said it best this morning!

Re: Stillbuster...

You continually remain one of my favorite posters.

That said, when did we play Towson? :)

Towson / Texas-San An, Baltimore / San Antonio ... the problem with you, Spank, is that you get all hung up on the minutia. Case in point, the way you posted the entire quote by MG, which did nothing but detract from the O.P.'s intent of this thread and stir the pot! I'm a "big-picture" guy, man!
(Have yet to master the emoticon posting on the new site but feel free to enter the "wink-wink", "red-face" or "smiley dude with his tongue hanging out -- the dufus" on my behalf.)

I agree with that, and feel that there are 3 criteria Lick can meet to satisfy me for next season, garnering another year:

1. Make the NIT (any trip to the postseason would be a HUGE improvement)
2. Win 10 BT games
3. Win 17 or more games overall (at least 7 of which would need to be in the BT for me to consider it valid)

If he does any of those three, then I'll be content to keep him a little longer.

I can see Barta scheduling 17 wins into next year's record. 10-4 in the non-conference,with an extra game this year as we play 3 in the Virgin Isles tourny,...losing two down in the isles, one in the ACC challenge and one to UNI/Drake/ISU...with another 7 cupcakes...we get those ten wins,without beating anyone but St Peters and Eastern ill. type teams...then squeezing out league wins at home vs IU,PSU,Mich. and NW,with road wins vs IU and PSU,...or just at IU, and then winning one game in the BTT...to finish 17-16(7-12) ...which Lick confirmed last nite is the current goal.. .500 next year, setting the bar low for his definition of a successful season that is tracking with his plan..and then making the big push for 2012...It will rip this fanbase to shreds if this scenario plays out and Lick gets an extension or even another year after a season like that.

It will be ugly,and painful for all...my hope?...we either shock everyone and go 22-10 and are on the bubble if not in the Dance, or we lose enough to force Bartas hand....please not the limbo space around .500.

I can see Barta scheduling 17 wins into next year's record. 10-4 in the non-conference,with an extra game this year as we play 3 in the Virgin Isles tourny,...losing two down in the isles, one in the ACC challenge and one to UNI/Drake/ISU...with another 7 cupcakes...we get those ten wins,without beating anyone but St Peters and Eastern ill. type teams...then squeezing out league wins at home vs IU,PSU,Mich. and NW,with road wins vs IU and PSU,...or just at IU, and then winning one game in the BTT...to finish 17-16(7-12) ...which Lick confirmed last nite is the current goal.. .500 next year, setting the bar low for his definition of a successful season that is tracking with his plan..and then making the big push for 2012...It will rip this fanbase to shreds if this scenario plays out and Lick gets an extension or even another year after a season like that.

It will be ugly,and painful for all...my hope?...we either shock everyone and go 22-10 and are on the bubble if not in the Dance, or we lose enough to force Bartas hand....please not the limbo space around .500.

I want Lickliter gone yesterday but I'd be all for keeping him on if they go 17-16 next season with what he is going to have to work with. I can easily say that because its just not going to happen.

I actually got your point the first time and understand it. You failed to get my point as you feel the need to tell us in your 2nd post that "you weren't a guy who rode the pine." My point was that I think its laughable when someone talks about their high school football career on a message board regardless of the reason.

The only reason I clarified was because you would agree that being an athlete in high school who worked hard is more credible than "I was president of the chess club, the math club, AND the science club, but I'm going to give an opinion on competitiveness"?

Does it make it better if I admit I had a grand total of 3 catches as a TE? Hardly something to brag about, would you agree? lol

I'm not including the BTT in the conference wins department. They need to finish with 17+ wins and at least 7-11 in the BT regular season to qualify for that stipulation. I put the 7-BT win minimum because I know teams can schedule 12 wins in non-conference. But I won't settle for less than 7-8 wins in the BT, unless we make some kind of postseason.

The only reason I clarified was because you would agree that being an athlete in high school who worked hard is more credible than "I was president of the chess club, the math club, AND the science club, but I'm going to give an opinion on competitiveness"?

Does it make it better if I admit I had a grand total of 3 catches as a TE? Hardly something to brag about, would you agree? lol

sorry, i was being a toolbag. i knew what you were saying all along. if one of my friends said something like you did, i would have been all over them, as they would with me. so i guess i was treating you like a friend.

Towson / Texas-San An, Baltimore / San Antonio ... the problem with you, Spank, is that you get all hung up on the minutia. Case in point, the way you posted the entire quote by MG, which did nothing but detract from the O.P.'s intent of this thread and stir the pot! I'm a "big-picture" guy, man!
(Have yet to master the emoticon posting on the new site but feel free to enter the "wink-wink", "red-face" or "smiley dude with his tongue hanging out -- the dufus" on my behalf.)
hahaha, indeed!

I think Lick admitting that .500 is the goal is just depressing. Here is the order of things that concern me the most regarding Lick...

1. Lack of acknowledgement that the PG position needs drastic upgrading/depth
2. Inability to retain players and then not replace the player w/ anyone close to effective in the JUCO ranks.
3. Complete lack of emotion or fight the last three away games. It literally looks like he is rolling over and accepting playing this bad and his post-game comments support this.

The one thing I like:
When Lick has targeted a player in highschool and focuses in on them he seems to have a somewhat high success rate of that player being productive on the court even when the player was not highly rated. Fuller, Tucker and May being the most obvious. This only counts the last two recruiting classes and I excluded Gatens because he was an Alford commit. Brommer, Payne and Cougill may contribute more as upperclassmen but to early to say.

Latest posts