Matt Campbell Ohio State's next head coach

Bob Stoops is only 57 years old and would the most obvious #1 candidate on the list.

1. he has had 1 full year to recharge his batteries since he "retired"
2. A native of Ohio
3. A former big ten player
4. OSU only plays Iowa once every 3 years so he won't have the heartache of coaching against Iowa every year.

It just might be too good for Stoops to turn down.
Stoops has a shit track record with handling abusers. No fucking way their BOR approves him to be a coach at Ohio State. No fucking way.

Replace one guy who you're firing because he's soft on women beaters and replace him with a guy who's soft on woman beaters? Do you follow college football?

Look, I don't doubt Campbell would find himself on some list for OSU, but he would be very far down it. Importantly, he would be below Bo Pelini, who would take the job in a heartbeat, so Campbell ain't going to OSU. Once they exhaust all of their dream candidates, I think Pelini would be a pretty good fit, even if only as a 1-2 year stopgap measure. The guy knows the Big Ten and he won 9 a year at Nebraska. He wouldn't miss a beat at OSU and he loves Ohio.
It would be hilarious for the huskers if Pelini got the job and won 11+ games every year.

It would be hilarious for the huskers if Pelini got the job and won 11+ games every year.
He totally would because he would have the talent to curb stomp the lesser teams, would have good enough players to match up with teams 1-3 and he wouldn't have to play OSU. Many delusional Nebraska fans don't realize that their talent is on par with Iowa's and is nowhere near OSU's.

Pellini won't get a big time gig again. Too many questions about his temper. I bet they go after Hermann in Texas, although that is going to cost some big time money.

Pellini won't get a big time gig again. Too many questions about his temper. I bet they go after Hermann in Texas, although that is going to cost some big time money.
My guess is they'll call Dabo first, he'll tell them no way bince he's keeping the Clemson job until Nick retires at Bama. Then they'll try for Brohm from Purdue, probably Fitz from NU and a few guys like that who have a good track record in a lower conference and/or some solid Big Ten or SEC experience - maybe even a guy like Kirby bince he knows he ain't getting the first call for that Bama job until he manages to beat Nick which he ain't gonna do at Georgia. Then maybe they'd call someone like Herman. Then they'd parse through a few top coordinators and hope to find the right guy. They would have to exhaust all of those before they would consider Pelini. Point is, if there is a list, he's on it before Campbell. Their biggest issue is so many fairly big name coaches with a good track record have very checkered pasts. I mean, a guy like Chip Kelly would be great for them, but good luck hiring him with that show cause on his record.

My guess is they'll call Dabo first, he'll tell them no way bince he's keeping the Clemson job until Nick retires at Bama. Then they'll try for Brohm from Purdue, probably Fitz from NU and a few guys like that who have a good track record in a lower conference and/or some solid Big Ten or SEC experience - maybe even a guy like Kirby bince he knows he ain't getting the first call for that Bama job until he manages to beat Nick which he ain't gonna do at Georgia. Then maybe they'd call someone like Herman. Then they'd parse through a few top coordinators and hope to find the right guy. They would have to exhaust all of those before they would consider Pelini. Point is, if there is a list, he's on it before Campbell. Their biggest issue is so many fairly big name coaches with a good track record have very checkered pasts. I mean, a guy like Chip Kelly would be great for them, but good luck hiring him with that show cause on his record.

Fitz isn't going to tOSU, very unlikely Brohm would either. In conference is tricky stuff (not to mention Fitz isn't a good fit...he's a Northwestern guy) and Brohm really hasn't proven himself yet (not unlike Campbell).

Last edited:
Campbell would do well at OSU, but he isn’t a big enough fish yet for that job. It’ll be someone already winning big at a school, someone like frost last year or tom Herman the year before.

Besides, if I’m to believe most clown fans. Campbell
is invested long term at ISU, he doesn’t care about money and lives in a 2200 square feet house in Ames and that’s all he wants. He gave his word to pollard and never goes back in his word.

These are all things I’ve heard from ISU fans

Campbell would do well at OSU, but he isn’t a big enough fish yet for that job. It’ll be someone already winning big at a school, someone like frost last year or tom Herman the year before.

Besides, if I’m to believe most clown fans. Campbell
is invested long term at ISU, he doesn’t care about money and lives in a 2200 square feet house in Ames and that’s all he wants. He gave his word to pollard and never goes back in his word.

These are all things I’ve heard from ISU fans
LOL. Iowa State had two decent coaches who were actually lifers: McCarney and Rhodes. This guy ain't a lifer - he is a salesman who knows how to play the game.

Urban gets canned, they go interim coach the rest of the year and their season is a disappointment, and ISU goes 10-2 then Campbell could/would get the job because he's an Ohio guy and an up and coming young coach.

ISU going 10-2 would be the long shot part of that scenario, of course.

Perhaps, Ferentz the Younger impressed them enough last year to make the short list. That would be interesting.

Bert....

Oh, wait! It looks like he is staying in New England.

He probably also remembers Urban poaching several of his recruits about two seconds after taking the job.

Maybe it was common knowledge, but Zach Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson. I knew there was a cyclown connection to this evilness.

Latest posts