Matt Campbell - Is It At All Possible?

Ferentz didn't do so hot at Uconn either, I guess what I was really thinking was if Riley gets fired before the season ends, then Diaco takes over a head coach to finish out the season. Then the new AD figures out what to do next after this train wreck of a season of theirs ends.

While Ferentz played for UCONN, he never coached there. His first head coaching gig was at Maine.

I can't think of a good reason why Bert would want to go there. After just experiencing the swamp end of the SEC, why would he want to go to the swamp end of the BIG?? Not buying it. Bohl does make some sense though. And that would drive the Nebby fans nuts.

Bert would jump at the chance to get out of Arkansas before the posse gets to him at the end of the year.

I would love to see Frost take any job other than Nebraska. Even then I'm still not convinced he could turn his alma mater into the next tOSU or Michigan. Good years yeah but challenging for the natty even with an expanded playoff in the future? The rules have changed drastically since the Osborne days.

When they were in the Big12 North, they regularly played in the championship game. They’ve been to Indy once in what we can now safely say 7 years. Then they had 70 hung on them by a 7-5 WI.

Point taken however, it’s been a slide since they gave away their identity by firing Solich.
When one wants to keep the identity of the program that doesn't necessarily equate to a championship caliber type of program but rather it keeps some part of the fan base happy.

Nebby was 9-3 (75% winning percentage) the year they fired Solich. He had kept the identity of Nebby but didn't win championships so winning championships is more important to the Nebby fan base than keeping the identity of the program (after my own heart).

For example if keeping the identity of the program is so important, why hasn't Ohio U, the school where Solich landed after Nebby and where Solich kept the identity of Nebby, been automatically successful? Yes, success to the Nebby fan base and the Ohio fan base are two different matters. The Ohio (and Iowa) fan bases may consider Solich's reign at Ohio successful but not at Nebby and that is all that counts with the Nebby fan base.

IMO, many fans of Nebby realize the traditional identity of Nebby isn't conducive to championships. IMO, Nebby is searching for a new identity that produces championships.

Last edited:
When one wants to keep the identity of the program that doesn't necessarily equate to a championship caliber type of program but rather it keeps some part of the fan base happy.

Nebby was 9-3 (75% winning percentage) the year they fired Solich. He had kept the identity of Nebby but didn't win championships so winning championships is more important to the Nebby fan base than keeping the identity of the program (after my own heart).

For example if keeping the identity of the program is so important, why hasn't Ohio U, the school where Solich landed after Nebby and where Solich kept the identity of Nebby, been automatically successful? Yes, success to the Nebby fan base and the Ohio fan base are two different matters. The Ohio (and Iowa) fan bases may consider Solich's reign at Ohio successful but not at Nebby and that is all that counts with the Nebby fan base.

IMO, many fans of Nebby realize the traditional identity of Nebby isn't conducive to championships. IMO, Nebby is searching for a new identity that produces championships.

"Say 'Nebby' again! I dare you!"

Latest posts