Matt Campbell Hates Iowa

Although not his intent Campbell's rhetoric is actually validating our program in this state. Good going CMC ... keep it up. You've been played!

We're gonna have our hands full with this hater. At least until he takes a better job...

Yeah, I was thinking that during the game. There is a decidedly different vibe. They expect to win. Whether they do or not depends on how good clownville can recruit, but the players played like they expecting to win if they put in the effort. Just felt different.

Yeah, I was thinking that during the game. There is a decidedly different vibe. They expect to win. Whether they do or not depends on how good clownville can recruit, but the players played like they expecting to win if they put in the effort. Just felt different.

They didnt fold. Difference to me.

They didnt fold. Difference to me.

We don't know that. We were only up 11 points .... that's not exactly an insurmountable lead. If we had gotten another unanswered TD or two then we could have seen more of their mettle to continue fighting.

They have mounted comebacks recently under Rhoads in the second half being down in victories and losses. 2013 we had them down multiple scores in the 4th and eeked out a 27-21 win a game that should not have been close. 2014 we had a lead in the second half until Jake threw a pick inside our 20.

They have better players overall and a better approach under Campbell is what we can say.

I think Campbell's refusal to use the words Iowa or Hawkeyes is understood when you look no further than his boss, Jamie Pollard!!

But again by doing that does that really mean you are saying you are the second class program? That's what is interesting.

I think his fan base would turn on him if he didn't hate Iowa. This is what the head coach at ISU is supposed to do, treat the Iowa game like a national championship game and hate everything about them.

I'm just glad the game is over so we can all move on, let them live in misery.

Brian should call him by the wrong name. Call him Mike Campbell, or Matt Camel, or anything close but still wrong. Then act like he doesn't care when corrected. Ultimate insult of not caring about someone.
"Mike coached a great game yesterday".
"His name is Matt".
"Matt, Mike, whatever".

We don't know that. We were only up 11 points .... that's not exactly an insurmountable lead. If we had gotten another unanswered TD or two then we could have seen more of their mettle to continue fighting.

They have mounted comebacks recently under Rhoads in the second half being down in victories and losses. 2013 we had them down multiple scores in the 4th and eeked out a 27-21 win a game that should not have been close. 2014 we had a lead in the second half until Jake threw a pick inside our 20.

They have better players overall and a better approach under Campbell is what we can say.

I mean you can tell watching their players. They didn't give up and Montgomery continued to run hard till the end of the whistle. It wasn't like past years.

Hating Iowa is an institutional problems for the Cyclones. They must make new hires sign some sort of secret blood oath.

Brian should call him by the wrong name. Call him Mike Campbell, or Matt Camel, or anything close but still wrong. Then act like he doesn't care when corrected. Ultimate insult of not caring about someone.
"Mike coached a great game yesterday".
"His name is Matt".
"Matt, Mike, whatever".

Perfect!! If my boss didn't like someone in the community, he would purposely mispronounce (i.e. slaughter). that person's name. And if he didn't like certain clients, he would either misspell their name or use a wrong first name on any correspondence to them. I'd go with Mike Camel. Has a good ring to it.

Latest posts