Matt and Miller 1460 KXNO

Hawkeye2929

These guy are on from 4-7 on 1460 every night. The are so brutal to listen to. Matt and Miller are complete Hawkeye bashers. Matt said today that Cincinnati has a tougher schedule than Iowa has. These guys might even be worse than Rome.

Seems like so many people, mostly the "experts" know nothing about Iowa. This guy on ESPNU Inside the Polls just said that Iowa is lucky because this year they don't have Ohio State on the schedule. It's like, get real.

Miller isnt so bad, but Matt is the biggest Iowa hater. He was probably curled up in a ball weeping on saturday when his Huskers lost.

How do they think that Cincinnati has a tougher schedule than Iowa? The Big East sucks as a football conference ever since Va Tech and Miami left for the ACC.

I love their show. They're just honest, and have opinions like the rest of us. Personally Matt is my favorite KXNO radio personality...

...Next to Jon of course /blatant sucking up

I can kind of understand where they are coming from with Cincy. They don't have anything as tough as Ohio State or Michigan State, but they also don't have dogs like Northwestern, Indiana, and Minnesota on the schedule either. I disagree with them, but its not like the claim is totally without merit.

Actually, their claim is without merit. From ESPN.com:

"Does Cincinnati or Iowa have a better chance of reaching Pasadena?

"Based on schedule strength, the Hawkeyes seem to be in a much better position than the Bearcats. Iowa has played the country's ninth-toughest schedule, according to the NCAA, and it's getting a lot of mileage out of its nonconference victory over No. 22 Arizona and road win at No. 13 Penn State.

"Iowa plays only five more games, starting Saturday at improving Michigan State. The Hawkeyes' future schedule is ranked No. 36 by the NCAA and they could get a big bump by winning at No. 19 Ohio State on Nov. 14, too.

"Cincinnati's schedule strength (tied-67th, according to the NCAA) is worse than Boise State's, which is surprising. The Bearcats have already won at Oregon State and South Florida. The Bearcats can make up ground by beating No. 23 West Virginia at home Nov. 13 and No. 20 Pittsburgh in their Dec. 5 regular-season finale. But Cincinnati's future schedule is ranked 80th-toughest in the country, according to the NCAA."

I have tried to listen to this show and have found myself switching over to 1700 and listening to Marty. I've listened to him on the first three stations he was on and as mad as he can make me sometimes, he is pretty entertaining. He seems to really be enjoying himself on this new show and he obviously has some good relationships still, as he gets pretty good guests. Marc Morehouse is on every Monday and Friday and I like that Bama Bob guy too.

Marty and Miller had GREAT chemistry and were VERY enjoyable to listen to. Their banter was excellent. M

att and Miller is just brutal to listen to and not just because Matt is an Iowa hater, but because he is just annoying to listen to. I still like Miller, but Matt is bringing him down.

I will have to check out 1700 am to listen to Marty.

I love their show. They're just honest, and have opinions like the rest of us. Personally Matt is my favorite KXNO radio personality...

I can kind of understand where they are coming from with Cincy. They don't have anything as tough as Ohio State or Michigan State, but they also don't have dogs like Northwestern, Indiana, and Minnesota on the schedule either. I disagree with them, but its not like the claim is totally without merit.

You are the first person that I have come accross that enjoys listening to Matt.

Actually, their claim is without merit. From ESPN.com:

"Does Cincinnati or Iowa have a better chance of reaching Pasadena?

"Based on schedule strength, the Hawkeyes seem to be in a much better position than the Bearcats. Iowa has played the country's ninth-toughest schedule, according to the NCAA, and it's getting a lot of mileage out of its nonconference victory over No. 22 Arizona and road win at No. 13 Penn State.

"Iowa plays only five more games, starting Saturday at improving Michigan State. The Hawkeyes' future schedule is ranked No. 36 by the NCAA and they could get a big bump by winning at No. 19 Ohio State on Nov. 14, too.

"Cincinnati's schedule strength (tied-67th, according to the NCAA) is worse than Boise State's, which is surprising. The Bearcats have already won at Oregon State and South Florida. The Bearcats can make up ground by beating No. 23 West Virginia at home Nov. 13 and No. 20 Pittsburgh in their Dec. 5 regular-season finale. But Cincinnati's future schedule is ranked 80th-toughest in the country, according to the NCAA."

I think their point was twofold though.

They were basically saying they thought Cincinnati had a tougher road to finish the season without a loss than did Iowa. That could mean two things.

1. They think Iowa and Cincy are of equal strength and Cincy has a tougher schedule

OR

2. They think Iowa is better than Cincy and therefore less susceptible to a loss.

For an extreme example, I think Iowa has a tougher schedule remaining than Iowa State does, but I also think Iowa has a FAR better chance of finishing without a loss the rest of the way.

Matt tends think that the SEC is all that and a bag of chips. We have heard how Iowa is slow and can't compete aganist the SEC. I think Iowa's history aganist the SEC can speak for itself. He's a dofous and he will be gone next year.

Matt and Miller,

I try not to listen to them unless there is just not anything else on the radio. They always sound like major blowhards, looking to get people riled up over nothing. To say that Cincy's schedule is harder than Iowa's is ridiculous. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm also getting tired of everyone in the media ragging on the Big Ten. I don't believe we are in the "best" conference in college football, but it's certainly not as far behind as the media would have us believe either.

I have tried to listen to this show and have found myself switching over to 1700 and listening to Marty. I've listened to him on the first three stations he was on and as mad as he can make me sometimes, he is pretty entertaining. He seems to really be enjoying himself on this new show and he obviously has some good relationships still, as he gets pretty good guests. Marc Morehouse is on every Monday and Friday and I like that Bama Bob guy too.
I'm with punk, Marty can **** you off but still be entertaining. Matt is just a young know it all guy that can really put you to sleep sometimes. And what's with the advertising on their show, gambling guys, and strip clubs. Is there show so bad that they are having issues with getting advertisers? I heard Ken doing spots trying to pimp the station for advertisers. Far from a Marconi nominated station I think. Jon and Deace are great and Murph and Andy are always a hilarious but Matt and Miller send me to 1700 quickly

I can kind of understand where they are coming from with Cincy. They don't have anything as tough as Ohio State or Michigan State,but they also don't have dogs like Northwestern, Indiana, and Minnesota on the schedule either. I disagree with them, but its not like the claim is totally without merit.

They have Syracuse, Louisville, and Illinois left who have a combined 5 wins.

Those dogs Iowa has left have a combined 12 wins between them.

So yes their claim was without merit, and Matt why didn't you just use "sportstalkmatt" as your name like you do on the other boards?

I'm with Hayden. Matt is annoying. Whenever a caller, or Ken for that matter, gives an opinion contrary to his own he sits and laughs through it and usually ends up belittling it. The epitome of insecurity. Very hard for me to listen to. I find myself switching to Marty off and on as well.

Latest posts